Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1478 results found

1. Once an activity statement (BAS or IAS) has been lodged via Xero, when we generate the activity statement and export to PDF or Excel can it include the lodgement confirmation details, including date and time lodged, person/user that lodged, any lodgement confirmation numbers etc.
    This information is shown in Xero, but not on the report when exported.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Draft Bills - Ability to create Credits from Draft Bill sent directly to Xero email

Suppliers email credits as well as Bills, why not have the ability to process a bill or credit through this area, a supplier is not going to invoice credits to one email address and invoices to another. Why can we not select if it is a bill or credit and process.

Purpose: to allow processing of credits through the Draft Bills seamless

cost effective: reduce the need for additional software such as dext or hubdoc, use xero.

Current process: open the Draft Credit, download the…

220 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the interest here, everyone. Being open this isn't something we have current plans for. 

Thanks for noting the optional paths atm, Paula! Understand it's not the solution being asked here however for those that haven't already we'd recommend looking to connect Hubdoc to help automate the process. 🙂

3. When exporting the profit and loss transactions it would be amazing for one of the columns to show the Contact in isolation rather than merging the contact and description into one field. This would allow much easier spreadsheet analysis by contact.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Some integrations require firms to have XPM for their practice manager software. Xero blue synchs with XPM but Xero Projects does not - which presents a real issue when trying to use XPM integrations like FYI

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Most of my clients are in the EU and want to use the ECB rates for transactions and not XE.com - can a choice of exchange not be included in the set up process or when activating the multicurrency option . I now have to enter the rates daily manually - it would save a LOT of time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I’m moving from an existing system to Xero, so need to enter my new data into Xero for the current financial year which the accountant then files with HMRC. But at the same time I need to import my older data without affecting the current filings. All the accountant can do is to lock the accounts from a date backwards, which means I cannot enter my old data.
    All I want is to be able to lock financial years, enter the old data and then use Xero to identify if the accountant needs to make any future adjustments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When emailing an invoice to a customer there is an option to insert a link to the invoice. However the link is always placed at the end of the message and I have to cut and paste it where I want it in the message.

Could the link not be inserted where the active cursor is instead? Saving the user the hassle of moving the link.

See mock up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Would be good to have a function within fixed asset register that allows to part dispose of an asset and to revalue.

227 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your support for part disposal of Fixed Assets in Xero.  Being transparent - current work for the team requires focus on upgrades to Fixed Asset technology. 

However, we’re thinking of what comes next and partial disposal of an asset figures strongly in this. Please continue to detail your particular use cases here in Product Ideas.

As we continue forming the future of Fixed Assets in Xero insights from Product Ideas here will feed into the team's plans.

9. The filter right now only allows to select all or select/deselect some, but sometimes it would be easier to be able to just exclude something (an account, a group of accounts, a contact, an invoice etc).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There is no warning that states that transaction can be missed when the bank feed is being renewed.

There should be a warning stating that during the time of renewal of bank feeds you will need to check in ensure all transaction/ stateliness have imported as some could be missed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As a workaround for an issue caused by the obsolete Xero payroll service, Xero support suggested that I use the "edit layout" feature to group 2 accounts in the report. However, Trial Balance does not have an "edit layout" button, so I am stuck displaying 2 accounts that have canceling balances. One of the accounts is the system Accounts Payable account so I am not able to resolve the issue "correctly" with a manual journal entry. Editing the report layout is my only option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Square & Paypal payment texts.

Currently if I add square and paypal payment options to my invoice the Pay Now pop up at the customer end is confusing. The 3rd option which is a Paypal guest passthrough for credit/ debit cards does not have paypal branding. So customers might be confused by options 1 and 3 and I might have to pay more for paypal fees when not needed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to include serial number and warranty on Fixed Asset reports

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Greetings, is it possible to add a "Make a Deposit" option to the + Menu in the task bar? We've studied the batch deposit procedure, and it seems cumbersome. It would be helpful to have a simple process to click Make a Deposit from the main options, have the Undeposited Funds account appear, select items from the Undeposited Funds account, choose which account to transfer funds to, and save the deposit with the option to print a deposit slip and summary. If you already have this process in place, I would like to learn it, please. Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. DEAR XERO. CAN YOU PLEASE CHANGE THE GST AUDIT REPORTS SO THAT THEY SHOW THE ACTUAL NARRATION THAT IS ON THE BANK STATEMENT INSTEAD OF THE PAYEE NAME. WHEN RECONCILING TRANSACTIONS XERO ADDS IN A SUGGESTED PAYEE NAME WHICH OFTEN GETS ACCEPTED, OFTEN ITS INCORRECT. THIS IS THE DETAIL WHICH SHOWS ON THE GST AUDIT REPORT. IF I AM CHECKING THE REPORT I NEED TO SEE WHERE THE ACTUAL PAYMENT WENT, FROM THE BANK STATEMENT - NOT WHERE SOMEONE HAS INADVERTENTLY SAID IT WENT WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE CORRECT. THERE IS A LOT MORE INFORMATION ON THE BANK…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Enable partial sale of assets - allows one to dispose of assets that have been added as one transaction.

2. Enable bulk sale of assets - allowing one to select all assets involved within a sale to be sold for one purchase price i.e. sale of a fitout of a Hairdresser, over the years they had purchased numerous items and completed numerous renovations.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi,

Can I please request that on all customer statements there is a running balance on the side, so that it's easy to add up?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI team, appreciate not directly within the Customer statement at present and being open we don't have immediate change planned for adding this to the customer statement. However, for the time being you could look to run the Customer Invoice Activity report which has a few more options for the columns and detail shown. 

Once you've set up as you like you could save as Custom to make this readily available in your org and export to share externally with a customer/client. 

18. Bank Reconciliation “next” “previous” “start” “end” buttons to be placed at the top of the bank reconciliation screen as well as the bottom of the reconciliation

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. By law one cannot claim input VAT on a supplier bill without the valid Tax invoice to hand. I wish to draw a report to indicate supplier bills that don't have valid input VAT tax invoices. This way I can adjust the VAT schedule to reduce the input VAT claim and don't have to manage this on a manual basis.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?