Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

243 results found

1. Currently, when filtering smart lists by location you can only add [city, state] tags. It would be nicer to be able to just add country tags, to sort / view contacts by country as opposed to by city.

This would also allow new contacts in that country to automatically be added to the list, vs needing to handle this manually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be useful if copies of invoice reminders could be sent to myself, so we have evidence of the detail of the reminder that was sent.

Also, if invoice reminders get a reply, such as the person no longer works at a company, if would be helpful if those responses could be directed to my email. Also would be useful if we could get Read receipts on them.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Under the previous Contact view, there was a book icon to show if there was an attachment to a bill. Now there is an icon to allow copy bill to draft bill. I can't imagine any time I would use this, but value being able to see if a bill has an attachment. I have to open the bill now to find if there is an attachment or go back to the Purchases section and create a report there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We would like to have some additional fields so we can work easier
    For example we can add the info of user (eg full name and email) who create the transaction (eg quotation) into the quotation template

so the end user can contact the right person and easier for tracing

also suggest to provide few custom fields for us

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. To be add the job title of a primary person and additional person in a contact details.
    Xero is not a CRM but to manage the invoicing and bills relationship with contact, it could be great to know the position of the person on the other side.
    It could be a great add-on as to know to whom we are addressing our email in the contact company.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Now that you cant attached docuemnts from files to a contact like you used to I have to download them from the files screen, but before I can download them, I have to click on them to preview first. I have to do this for 4 documents right now.
    I would love to see the below made available in the files screen:
    1. Have download available in the three dot drop down.
    2. Have the three dot drop down options available in the preview screen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Fiona, hoping you may have seen my recent update that we have now developed the ability to upload files to a contact record from the file library.

Appreciate your idea is still valid also and we'll continue to track the demand for this here. If there's any further changes around this, I"ll let you know. Thanks

7. Our auditor wants to make sure that when a new supplier gets added to xero that the bank account is checked by a second user. This is the same for any edits to an existing supplier that a second user checks the bank account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add preferred name option

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great to have a 'pop up' of the debtor balances when creating an invoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be good for the lower scroll bar to display when a screen is minimised (in contacts). Currently, if you minimise the screen (as I do when I am comparing entries in another external on-line tab, for example, with my HMRC account, or my on-line bank account) you can only see the left of the minimised screen. The information does not compact into a full but smaller screen, neither is there a scroll button to scroll the information to the right. So if I want to look at the amounts of a customer etc, the screen has to be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I own several different businesses that are set up as separate organizations within xero, but they are all in the same industry and there is quite a bit of crossover of contacts between the businesses. As I understand it currently, each business will have its own unique address book, so if I update John Smith's phone number in Company A, it will not update in Company B. This makes no sense to me. There should be a universal contact book where we can select whether or not we want a company to use that universal set of contacts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Verify GST # and NZBN against the register.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. EORI numbers are required for all European customers especially when invoicing/shipping goods. It is an extension of their VAT numbers. Please can XERO create a new field on the contacts for this. We are recording this currently in the new notes or "FAX" number so it shows quickly. Are Fax numbers still necessary?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Who is Lena Days and why are all emails coming from this name?! Incredibly unprofessional

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. At the moment, there are two places you can find out if there are billable expenses outstanding for a Contact: at the bottom of the Sales Overview, and in one report.

A total should be visible in the header of Contacts that have had billable expenses assigned to them (including if there's Projects assigned to that Contact with uninvoiced expenses).

There should also be a widget for the dashboard similar to the section at the bottom of the Sales Overview.

These will make it easier to remember to on-bill expenses in a timely fashion.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. it would be great if there was a tick box for being to select if a contact wants to be excluded from marketing contact. if there was a tick box, it would be handy to be able to generate a report showing those who you can contact and those who have opted out, and being able to export that data to excel. i know xero is a finance platform rather then a direct crm however it just seems that for small businesses especially this would be a great tool and as xero does generate reports and exports to excel anyway…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When creating a new invoice, you currently have the ability to add some of the details of a new contact to whom you are sending the invoice, when you are creating that invoice. For details not in this quick-add box, you have to open the newly created contact and edit the details, a rather more lengthy process.

I'd like to be able to add the ABN when quick-adding a customer, so I can quickly ensure that the tax invoice fulfils all the ATO requirements for an invoice worth >$1000.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In this day and age why are the phone numbers for contacts not clickable? the code is so simple just add it in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. You are currently unable to see the projects within the contacts tab against a contact within Xero.
    This would be really helpful as I have some customers that have several projects on the go at one time. This would make it easier to go from one project to another for one client. It would also be a quick reference location. The added quotes, invoices and credit notes added to the contact has been a great step in simplifying contact management - the project listing would complete the loop.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Our contact cards are set up automatically through an API directly from our billing systems (we have multiple systems that are all coded differently). Fields like currency and branding are not updated with this link; therefore, the fields default to our Xero account settings. We want to export the contact card list with these fields to identify the clients with information that needs updating, to then fix and import in one step instead of updating each card.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?