Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4593 results found

1. Could the VAT transactions report in the VAT return include the invoice number as well as or instead of the reference?

This would make the review to see if there are any missing invoice numbers much simpler. Our invoices are created in another software package by a number of people who sometimes include text as well as the invoice number and it makes sorting by numerical order time consuming. Having the invoice number as a field would make it very easy to sort in numerical order and identify missing numbers.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. To import individual time entries from projects to payroll timesheets, at the moment this only comes through as a bulk time for the day, you then have to manually add the time to the particular pay item if you use more then one pay item. Very frustrating and time consuming, would be nice to have this automated.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Expenses search and sort.

If you only have access as a user and not full access to the accounts, searching past expenses is a painful experience.

What a painful thing searching for expenses in Xero is.

Can't filter by date range, or search for a particular description, or search by account. And they're in some unfathomable order which you can't sort by date.

Suggestions: Sort by date option to help answer questions like 'did I remember to file that expense 3 months ago'

Filter on date range: 'Show only expenses between January and March last year'.

Search on description: List…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. WorkflowMax has no understanding of foreign currencies. We now have WFM clients that are being invoiced in either Australian or US dollars as opposed to the standard NZ dollars.

Before sending the invoice from WFM, we set up the contact in Xero to have the following information:
    Under Financial Details: Currency = US Dollar
    Under Sales Defaults: Sales GST = Zero Rated and Branding Theme - US Invoice
    Please see two attachments showing the settings.

When we send the invoice (Approved) from WFM to Xero, the GST and Branding Theme are correctly picked up but the Currency setting in Xero…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remittance Advice - Show check number for vendors to be able to reference.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make it possible to create a new project while entering a supplier invoice in a similar way that you can create a new contact if the one you want isn't there. At the moment if we are entering a batch of invoices and there is one that hasn't had a project created we have to create a new one in Projects first before we can continue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am having some difficulty with "Blank Reports". I designed a small divisional report which included only a small percentage of my P&L accounts. I tried to select a date range which is offered but doesn't work - the only date range that works is the current financial year. If you want to look at last month, last quarter etc - no luck.

When I brought this to the attention of Xero, their response was that feature isn't available - then why is it a report option. Their suggestion was to modify the P&L format which has date options that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to customize quotes and invoice templates to include contact's phone number(s), similar to including address.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The purpose of this development would be to add the wages payable & superannuation payable entries to the Match, Find & Select menu. This would allow you to see the payrun for the week or superannuation processed by the program and match as appropriate.

The purpose of this development would be to allow users to see the payment and the actual information processed in Xero and potentially correct issues (e.g. reduce potential underpayment of superannuation/wages at point of reconciliation instead of months later).

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix the Bill Total field to allow regular number input ability.

Specifically, allow the ability to enter .01 instead of having to enter 0.01 which is very unnatural. So, disable/remove the logic that requires the Bill Total entered to start with a number.

Use Case
    - We get numerous invoices with a $0.01 total where the product may be an allocation or new line incentive. I constantly get a Bill Total mismatch because I enter the Bill Total as .01 which results in $1.00 bill total instead of the expected $0.01 bill total.

Secondary to this primary fix - Allow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Function to duplicate a pay rate category.
    For example, we have 1st, 2nd and 3yr apprentices, all on different base rates of pay, plus they also have different rates of pay for day shift, night shift, working on site, working in the workshop etc. XERO doesnt allow me to only calculate super on ordinary hours when i have so many different pay categories as it cant determine just 'ordinary hours"... so for each of those rates i need to have sub categories.... Onsite day shift - OTE and Onsite day shift - ADDITIONAL HOURS Onsite night shift - OTE and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to have clients phone numbers included when saving a CSV Export of Invoices. This feature is unavailable, though all other client data such as name, address and email gets exported.

I need to be able to track my clients 6 monthly and 12 monthly and send them SMS and this is the easiest way to access invoice dates and client data in a CSV file.

I find it very strange the phone data column was not included and hasn't been requested until now.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Accepted Quote Report

Great to see that we can now look at a report for accepted quotes but the report is not filterable by the accepted date - please can this be added to the date search for quote reports within Quotes through Receivable Invoice Details and Summary reports.
    At the moment the report isn't right as you can only search by due date and created date which is no good - the accepted date needs to be a searchable date or the quote filtered by accepted quotes is useless if you ant to see what quotes have been accepted…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have the ability to set default settings for every new Contact you add to Xero.

Our default tax will always be Tax Exclusive for example. We should be able to set this as the default to all new contacts added, as well as:

Default account
    Currency
    Invoice Theme
    Invoices Due Date

Cheers

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We integrate with Stripe for payments and we reconcile our Stripe payments every day to invoices that we generate automatically via a script. On average, we reconcile 50 to 100 invoices each day to Stripe payments. The issue we have with Xero is that the Xero algorithm looks at the amount, the name (customer), OR reference (invoice, order, etc) to match payments with invoices. Like many businesses, our sales price is the same across many accounts and we sell many of the same products over and over to the same customers so this renders the Xero algorithm useless for an…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to import leave requests using CSV files.

Purpose: To save users time from having to manually create a request to the employee, and approve it. This will also help if they’re using a third party that allows them to export CSV.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To establish bank feeds for Swiss banks in Xero.

Purpose: To save users time from having to manually import the statements from Swiss banks into Xero.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When setting up bank rules there are times when the flexibility of a string search is great and ANY should be applied, but some times a amount limit is needed to distinguish different nature of the spend. EG small spend at a service station might be a drawing rather than a fuel item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PAPDIS Pension reports for submission should include ALL employees not just those who have not opted out as the pension provider (creative) I submit to need all the information as they do the pension assessment on everyone every month. I have to manually edit the csv downloaded every month which can lead to mistakes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be so helpful to have a YTD column in the account transactions report. I run this report monthly for certain sales accounts to give to our marketing department and need the monthly amount and also the year to date amount however this report only allows me to show the period selected. This means I have to run 2 reports, one showing the monthly account transaction total and then one showing the year to date account transaction totals which I then combine in excel. Would also be good if there was a comparison to budget column.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?