Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4593 results found

1. Could you please look at making the e-invoicing toggle button as default.
    This will allow the invoices raised in Xero Practice Manager to be sent to Xero and then sent in Bulk (email multiple clients from awaiting payment) rather than selecting it manually. This will save a lot of time and also allow the other side to receive the invoice in their system.
    Currently what it is doing is getting us to go into the invoice and then manually toggle this for clients we know are setup for e-invoicing. If this is handle automatically it will achieve its true purpose.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great to have the ability to mark a bill as already paid when being entered.

We use the bills email address for employees with company credit cards to submit receipts/invoices for purchases however, when these go into bills and before they can be reconciled, they get mixed up with bills actually needing to be paid. This is also the case for invoices we receive that are then direct debited, before the amount is deducted from our accounts, it's easy for these to be confused for bills that need to be batched and paid. If multiple people are…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We are a meadery that often sells mead in kegs. This idea would also apply to breweries.

I use a "Keg" inventory item to track the physical keg shells. I use a separate item for the product inside the keg. So an invoice for one keg will show two items: the mead itself and the keg. This helps me keep track of our physical kegs on hand, weather they are full or empty.

When a client returns a keg, they receive a credit note for returning the keg. In addition to getting their deposit back, this keeps my inventory correct.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Compare Tracking Category" in the Old Format P&L Report includes columns for all Tracking Category Values USED in the date range; irrespective of whether the value is ACTIVE or ARCHIVED.

"Compare Tracking Category" in the New Format P&L Report is different: it includes columns for ACTIVE Tracking Category Values. This represents an incomplete view because ARCHIVED Tracking Category Values USED in the date range are not included.

Please can you enable reporting of USED Tracking Category Values in the New Format P&L Report before you remove Old Format Reports in July 2023.

Custom reports don't provide a viable solution due…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. TIME SAVER: I would like to be able to quick edit the reference details in the transactions list view, instead of having to click on each transaction > edit > save.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have successfully managed to create a custom report.

I now want to add on rows which give me the opening and closing balance each month to get a 12 month cashflow. Is there a way I can do this from the statement of cash flows (using the cash and cash equivalents at beginning and end of period)

When I try to add rows to my custom report it doesn't seem to offer to add, but only to group item is this something that could be considered.

I work for several charities and this report showing money in bank at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Produce a Tpar printable Tpar report per subcontractor so we have something to give them when they request details of the amount reported to the ATO

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow discounts to be +, so we can add £% to an item where we are adding commission for example. Currently I have to manual amend each line. Unless I am missing a trick and there is another way?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can we have the ability to have a user only able to access and input timesheets, but not have access to payroll and reporting.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mona, just to confirm what you're asking. Are you after a role that has both access to enter their timesheets and approve other employees timesheets without viewing other payroll information? Or simply ability to access and input timesheets? 

10. I would like to suggest creating quotes in multiple currencies should be the same as setting the exchange rate. As currently when we choose another currency when creating a quote, while the exchange rate still appears as the custom rate, the exchange rate that appears on the PDF is the default rate. We should all be on the same page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Payroll - Leave Liability Report to include Time in Lieu or Time Banked. For Companies that choose to offer Time in Lieu to their employees, this will be extremely helpful for reporting purposes. Also if it was available in Excel would be great. Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We need to export donations from Xero to our CRM system. However, matching on Name is looking very difficult but we could add either the CRM ID to the Contact record as their Account Number, or their email. However, I can't find a way of exporting a csv containing the date, amount, and either email Account number. Can this be added?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nigel, coming back over your idea here I wanted to confirm it is possible to export contacts and their data from your Xero organisation. 

This will include Account Number, email - See our article here

Can you expand a little more on what you're meaning by date and amount? Thanks 

13. I have used both the old & new GoCardless/Xero integrations. I thought the old one was great from an automation perspective if you were able to automate contact creation and this would automatically match the direct debit with the contact.

Unfortunately, the new integration is quite restricted and an auto-match will only be done if the DD mandate is created directly from an invoice in Xero. This makes things very difficult from a scalability perspective and makes the new GoCardless/Xero integration unworkable. I've worked some businesses who have 30+ new customers a week and, once the migration from the old…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Projects>Time entries
    Currently only one view, in order of entry.
    We enter start and end times for tasks.
    Would prefer to have the ability to sort the time entries page by time started. That way a user can more readily identify parts of their day not yet entered.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When reconciling bank transactions,
    It would be great if payroll transactions offered an automatic reconciliation in the same way that a batch payment of bills gives an auto option.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The only way of moving (using the keyboard) within an invoice or a bill table at the current moment is by using the enter or tab key. These two keys allow you to move horizontally.

Many times I found myself wanting to move vertically instead! Could we have one key that will do just that?

A similar feature is already present in 'cash coding' and makes the experience of reconciling way smoother. What about invoicing and bills?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Now that you have a function to create a Non-employee SubContrator who is paid Superannuation only here are some suggestions as currently it is a very labout intensive and manual process especally since STP2

• ability to populate the contractors details eg address, email, phone number from their Contact as they have been paid for an invoice via Bills
    • pay items that alows you to enter the invoice value so the super is calculated - at present, new STP does not allow you to trick the system anymore so 10.5% SG has to be manually calculated
    • ALLOW SPACES IN ABN field…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Right now it’s not possible to have users automatically assigned to tracking categories.

We are investigating the tracking scenario, but it looks like additional work having to go into making sure each user remembers to add the relevant codes/tracking categories each time they raise a new quote/invoice/PO.

Is there a way to set this up so that Xero can automatically identify that a user belongs to a particular department (e.g. Sales / Accounts ) and the relevant tracking codes will be applied? Similar to how when we set up a new contact on Xero with particular defaults (re. currency or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reference column in the Allocate Credit to Invoice view.

Purpose: To save user's having to open the credit note to see what invoice to apply the credit to.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 7 votes

We're glad you're here