Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4401 results found

1. The email template has changed which accompanies the invoice to the customer. We have a legal name plus a trading as name which people know us by. Currently the legal name is showing up boldly at the top of the email which it didn't before. We would like the trading name to be in this place so as not to cause confusion to our customers, or have the ability to remove it entirely as it has the logo there displaying the correct name.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add the ability to allocate VAT, duty, and freight to items/inventory for landed entry allocation. This is available in competitor solutions.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New GST return layout and a few thoughts around it :-
    1) when you export the PDF, the file name only shows as eg, GST return 01022024 for a GST return for period ending 31 March 2024. Why can't it show the client's company name, GST return followed by Period end date?
    2) when you try to export the PDF with accounting firm logo - it doesn't seem to work and who has "minutes" to wait for it to download?
    3? The body of the report is now in landscape which if the client were to print would…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Some purchase contacts have requested that invoices be sent to an accounts email while statements are to be sent to a different email address, both of which are different from the person who is the actual primary contact. It would be advantageous for Xero to incorporate this to allow for the invoices and statements to be sent to the correct emails without the necessity of sending every document to the primary contact or to each other which is not required or desired.

215 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With the new pricing tiers coming in September 2024, Projects is only included in the most expensive tier. I currently pay for it as an add-on on a per user basis. With just two of us, this is cost effective. From September, if I want Projects I will have to pay for the top tier, a 30% increase to retain the features I use! Please make Projects available in lower pricing tiers.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When reconciling transactions and Find & Match is used, usually for multiple matches, please add an attachment button.
    In the example of one payment matched to multiple sales invoices, there is usually a remittance provided by the client that we need to file with the payment.
    We shouldn't need to go back to a reconciled transaction and manually add the remittance to each line individually.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Business and accounting" role needs ability to more narrowly define. I want an employee to access invoices (receivables) but that then gives them access to ALL financial reporting, e.g. P&L, which I don't want them to see.

239 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thank you for your engagement and sharing how you'd like us to evolve roles for customers using Xero. User roles impact all areas of the product, there are many considerations we must factor in when assessing how to solve for majority of our customers needs - As you can see there is a large range of ideas for different roles shared by customers in Product Ideas.
    We’re conducting research on the current landscape and how we might approach some of the most predominant needs in roles for our customers. To be upfront, the discovery of this work will be long running and there'll be multiple phases of research and forms of engagement with users that’ll help shape the path ahead in this space.
    We’d like to invite you, our community to be part of this research and discovery. This may involve interviews and sharing further feedback through direct…

8. A report that provides details of employees leave to be able to see the leave accruals and leave taken for the pay period.
    This would help as an audit trail and when preparing a salary budget or during a salary review.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  8 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to flag individual bills as in dispute

Purpose | To enable review and ensure the business does not make payment for a bill when it's currently 'under query'

1,019 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, appreciate the want for more of an update from us on this highly voted idea. Since Kelly’s last message I am pleased to let you know that our product team has done some discovery work in this space. More specifically, exploring the different ways in which the problem could be solved in Xero, alongside understanding the technical challenges. The feedback you’ve shared has been really useful for our product team’s research 🙏

We recognise the importance of needing to know which bills are flagged, so people making payment can review whether a bill should be paid or not, to avoid inadvertent payment. Being able to improve this workflow is important to us and once we have solution concepts, we will be sure to reach out to this community for feedback.

Right now there are no specific time frames available as to when this might be worked on, but…

10. Please move the SAVE for the New invoicing to the bottom as per old invoicing. When you have an invoice with 30-50 items and then have to scroll back up to save it adds to the pressure of getting things done.

Or Better still

Leave the old there until you've got it together and your Paid subscribers are happy.
    We are seriously looking at moving away from XERO due to all the changes you impose on us without proper UAT. More often than not it creates more work for us and causes more stress we just dont need in an…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, while we don't have immediate plans to change the placement of buttons on new invoicing we're interested in staying close to this feedback and I'll move the idea to Under review for the time being. We'll return to confirm any outcomes. 

11. I currently pay for the Standard Plan (15/month) plus Payroll (5/month) and use it for 2 payroll users.

Under the newly unveiled pricing plans my business has been completely shafted.

In order to use Payroll at all, I need to upgrade to the new Grow plan (33/month), already an increase of 13/month. But on top of that, that isn't even enough because you're restricted this plan to only 1 payroll user. So actually I have to jump all the way to the second from top plan which is the Comprehensive at 47/month.

This is a complete joke.

This shift in…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatically assign a tracking category to a chart of account code, so when costs are billed against the account code, it also automatically assigns those costs to a default tracking category

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In the "classic invoicing" interface an alert is displayed at the bottom of approved invoices when the contact being invoiced has existing credit that can potentially be applied to the new invoice. This is a very important feature and strangely it's missing from the new invoicing interface. With the "classic invoicing" now being officially retired this basic feature must definitely carry over to the new invoicing interface.

Without this alert, every time we create an invoice we would need to manually check if the contact has previous credit with us, which makes the process unnecessarily inefficient and unpleasant.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The email invoice button on the new invoice template has moved from a main button to now being in a sub menu in the three dots, adding a click to the work flow.

But Print PDF is still a button on the main invoice template.

In an era where email is preferred over a printed PDF in the post, it would be nice to retain both EMAIL and PRINT as main buttons on the new invoice system. Seems extra work when you are sending a whole load every day for bigger companies.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The print date that now appears at the bottom of reports is useful for some reports and circumstances, and I understand this date is now turned off for Published Reports.

However we do not 'publish' our financial statements - we send our financial statements to clients in a practical and informative pack instead. This is a more efficient, professional and streamlined approach for us.

Showing the print date on these financial statements is of concern, due to various issues including the lag time between preparing and approving the report. It is also not ideal when preparing the directors resolution and…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In new invoicing, please revert the ability to edit the postal address 'attention' box, back to the same as classic invoicing. Property managers want the owner's name included in the invoice address, so for each invoice I produce, I need to change the person's name in the 'attention' box. Previously this could be done by clicking on 'edit address' within the invoice, but in new invoicing, I need to edit the address by going into 'contacts', 'edit ', 'addresses', 'edit address', 'update address', 'save'. Once this is done, the ability to email the new invoice disappears, and I have to…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to be able to customise the styling on the invoice emails sent to customers. Changing the colour of the buttons etc.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When processing payroll, be able to see a comparative between current pay run and previous pay run before completion/filing to identify any discrepancies.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I've noticed in the new invoicing that the account column disappears when it is saved. While I don't want the account column shown on the actual invoice, I use this saved version in Xero to check that the correct account has been selected. I will not switch to new invoicing until this option is available as it would be extra time to edit the invoice to see which account was selected. Classic invoicing is a much better experience in my opinion.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have the option to remove links to invoices on Customer Statements

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for your interests and sharing on the idea here. Being totally open, we don't have plans in the near term for any change that'd solve for the idea here. This may be something we consider down the line and will keep the idea here open to continue monitoring.

For the time being, we wanted to share a way you can remove links from the customer statement using a custom branding theme that you'd apply when sending a statement.

Once the new branding theme is created, you can select it when printing or sending the customer statement, and the invoice link will be removed.

• Don't see your idea?