Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4770 results found

1. When Xero are emailing out their invoices please can you go back to attaching the invoices as a pdf as it quicker to be able to forward them rather than having to sign in and save them as draft, especially when you are having to do loads for clients.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing back on this, everyone. We'd like to confirm the way the options works now when sending in new invoicing - This is triggered by previous behaviour.

So, when you send using new invoicing, the selection for 'Attach PDF' is driven by the last invoice you sent. If the last selection was unticked the next invoice you send will automatically be unticked, and vice versa.

What's worth noting is that this is a browser based setting. For example if you change computers or browsers your setting will revert to default where both options are unticked. As you'll see from my recent update on this similar idea this is something we may explore further down the line but we don't have any immediate changed planned for.

We also appreciate your feedback relating to where a customer's taken when clicking Review and pay. Our team have done a lot of research…

2. Placeholders for dates in bank rules descriptions for example reconciling monthly payroll and having the month it relates to pull through on the description through a bank rule.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In New Invoicing can the Date field be left blank when in draft status as per previously. Regularly I create draft invoices and want to continue to be able to leave the date blank or to put tentative dates in before moving forwards int he process.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Despite several separate requests on this forum, New Invoicing's email still begins with an invoice summary, unlike Classic Invoicing.

For us, relationship and communication are more important than asking for payment so Classic Invoicing's email is perfectly set up with our message first and the invoice following.

New Invoicing's email reverses this with the money part writ large at the top.

Andrew Chadwick described it better than I can in the post linked below. The idea has been marked as Delivered but, respectfully, it hasn't been. His and my points still stand.

https://productideas.xero.com/forums/939198-for-small-businesses/suggestions/48530306-invoicing-keep-classic-email-template-as-an-opti

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Having "quick find" on the billing address when entering a new contact through an invoice.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know how useful this feature is to you when creating invoices for your customers in Xero. We have some improvements the team are focusing on within the contact card to provide our customers more efficiency, which includes the ability to search to add an address for a Contact.

For the time being we'll change this to working on it, and I'll keep you up to date with any progress for this, here.

6. Ability to run an aged payables and receivables report showing the invoices in the currency they were uploaded in, either in one report or separately.

Purpose: Because some organisation make their sales and purchases in a different currencies, so it’s beneficial for them to run these reports showing what is is they are owed and what is owed in the currency it was bought in.

9/10 we, and most businesses, will pay and be paid in the currency the invoice is in.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new Payroll Activity Detail Report is very hard to read when there is more than a couple of employees.

I understand that the new report format has been designed to reflect the other updated reports in Xero. However, so that it is more user-friendly, can we have:

1 - A blank line between each employee so that it is easier to see quickly where one employee's details cease and the next employee's details start.

2 - Highlight the employee name by shading that line, again to make it easy to see where each employee starts on the report.

Are…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It is most annoying and time consuming to only be able to access half of the inventory items when raising an invoice. Instead one has to look up every item in the second half of the inventory, line by line before you can add it to an invoice. This is a step into the dark ages.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, thanks for sharing and showing your interest on the idea, here. Atm our product team are doing some work to improve the line item grid and as part of this the item field will also see some improvement. Once the changes are released for the edit page you'll be able to view more items for each drop down option in the grid.

I'll keep you updated of the release for this here.

9. You can only allocate payment on accounts to a customer ledger on Xero by clicking 'Overpayment' which is very long winded. Please can this be simplified to select the customer and then allocate straight as a 'payment on account' and then this can be allocated to the invoice once this is uploaded.

In addition, if there is money out that gets contra'd against money received from a client, there is no way of coding this to the customer ledger.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can customise email signatures. Add feedback links in emails

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the "New version of Invoicing" disappeared an amazing function - when you open an invoice after it has been approved, it always displays as tax exclusive, even if you entered it as tax inclusive. In the new version if you approved an invoice tax inclusive it ONLY shows it as tax inclusive. Can you please add the feature of seeing both versions of the same invoice.
    And another feature that disappeared in the new version is to see account number, not just the name of the account. Can you add it back too? And move it back to the…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I login to Xero, I enter my email address and password and am taken to the second page (MFA).

I'm then asked for the authenticator code, but I have to click into the field to enter the code.

Xero knows that there is an almost 100% likelihood that the first (and only) thing I am going to do on that page is enter the MFA code.

Xero should automatically have the cursor in that field so that I can type the code without clicking into the field.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New Invoicing - Type in Item - please change back to only searching start of field, as per old invoicing.
    Now that typing in the Item field in the new invoicing brings up every item with that word or part word in anywhere, we either need to learn all the codes, or make sure our items all contain totally different words. It takes ages to find the item required.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Retain the This Make manual tax adjustments from the invoice subtotal in New Invoicing. This is a feature that I use as I have to import sales figures from an external program and the VAT figure is different by a small amount But I don't want to have to alter each line on the invoice.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can see what you're meaning here, John. I've made a slight adjustment to the title of your idea that I think might help others identify with. We'll start to feel the interest out here and let you know if there's any change planned.

15. Pretty simple.

I would have thought it is easier to hold onto existing customers, rather then lose them in favour of new customers.

Xero, please look after your current customers.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Xero cannot current cope with companies that have more than one pension scheme. The upload I need to send to the pension provider includes payroll number, pensionable earnings for period, start date and date of birth. It would be useful if Xero had the ability to add these and additional fields if required customised in the contribution report.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please set the bank reconciliation lines on the right-hand side to pre-populate with the details on the left=hand side, that is as long as there is no 'match'' and it is not a transfer. I'm mystified as to why I have to copy and paste all of the information from the left side to the right side when Xero could do this in a jiffy. Presently the pre-population remembers a long lost description I may have made such as 'birtthday gift' and Xero is remembering this forevermore. It would be simple and accurate to pre-populate especially since valuable information (such…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Xero made a lot of noise about how good the 'new invoicing' feature would be. Users gave plenty of feedback early on when new invoicing was optional, both in comments and by not switching over to new invoicing. Xero proceeded with the change seemingly unaware of the negative mood amongst users to the new invoicing feature.

The product ideas section show, only in it's first 5 pages, 43 product ideas about new invoicing. Many of these product ideas are requests for previously available features to be made available again. Many of the ideas are under consideration or being worked on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback, Martin. I can assure you throughout the build of new invoicing we have engaged and tested out features with many different users. To keep customers informed throughout we have shared blog posts and regularly update our Xero Central page with what's been delivered and what's to come.

Being such a widely used feature, we have focused on features that suit majority of our customers needs. We appreciate some customers still want to see more development and we are continuing to enhance this new invoicing experience.

Our products teams have conducted lots of research and testing to refine deliveries, and Xero Product Ideas here is another great way for us to understand what matters most to our customers - As you noted, we are listening and keeping users updated as developments progress with the status updates.

We understand our customers would like to be more involved as we…

19. The new NZ WorkRide scheme works via a pre-tax deduction re salary sacrifice. Xero Support confirmed that right now there’s no functionality in Xero Payroll to process a pre-tax deduction. We have been advised that we need to manually adjust the tax in the draft pay run to reduce the PAYE withheld. Please enable your customers to comply with the NZ WorkRide scheme without the need for manual PAYE adjustments, by creating the ability to process pre-tax deductions.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  10 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New invoicing forces you to populate fields in order and I cannot set the tracking code until the description / amount et al are filled.

Please can the ability to populate in any order just classic invoicing

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?