Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4068 results found

1. It would be really useful to be able to track who made changes to the GST return, including who has reversed a return after it has been filed. If available it would allow a discussion to be had with the relevant person as to why the changes were made - which would save time. A recent example of this is when a GST return was filed and payment of the amount due was made. At a later date the return was then reversed and it is unclear who did this and why. This has resulted in time being spent chasing…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When creating an invoice and adding a due date, it would be handy to have the option of end of this month, so you don't need to click into pick another date.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In the New Invoicing Template you have to enter a Qty for every line as the default Qty is "0"... In the classic version and what we are all used to it's "1".. As a ball park guess I'd say the use of Zero qty on a line is a lot less common than any other number from 0-9 and I'd guess most lines are a qty of x1.. If I wanted to default my qty's to Zero, I can not see the point in making invoices :)))) Come on who made Zero a default qty for invoicing??

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be really useful to have a way of typing the date without having to use a / in between the numbers, like you could on classic invoicing

e.g. 20012024 used to convert automatically to 20th January 2024 on classic invoicing

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please include the functionality of classic invoicing which allows Xero to suggest email addresses based on your previous contacts used. This is a key time saving feature in our workflow and one of only a few reasons we cannot transition over. This feature also appears to be impacting other users with a slightly different issue - https://productideas.xero.com/forums/939198-for-small-businesses/suggestions/47697284-new-invoicing-keep-the-previous-contact-when-usi

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to see recurring invoices set up for a client on that client's page. So many times I think to myself "I'm pretty sure I set that up, but did I?" and then I have to go and search in the repeating invoice tab. It would be good to be able to see recurring invoices just on the client page.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This is really for Xero Blue not practice manager, but you do not have a category for this,

Automated client statements - have the option to send out our practice statements on a regular basis i.e. weekly or fortnightly regardless of the days due or overdue!

312 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please offer phone support. You still continue to have many people being frustrated at the lack of phone support you provide. As paying customers and given the substantial fees you charge customers should be able to ring you when they need to. Often the online responses we get from your customer services people are too complex for them or their English is not good enough to be able to understand the issues.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In old invoicing, you can just drag and drop the file into the window and it uploads. In new invoicing, you have to drop it in the box at the bottom of the page. Fair to say this is tedious!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Repeating Invoice - Bulk update next invoice date

I am an accountant with clients who make use of repeating invoices. The current problem is that in certain months they want to run their invoices on different dates due to public holidays or festive season. In these situations they have to manually go and update the "next invoice date" in each invoice.

I want to suggest a bulk action for this as it would end up saving hours for the businesses.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would be nice when moving from Xero to Xero HQ and Xero Central to have it retain your login so you do not have to login to each site separately.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, when a client clicks on "Ask a question" when viewing their invoice. This message is sent to the staff members personal email that created the contact in Xero rather than the delegated email address the organisation has selected in Email settings.

What if the staff member no longer works at the company or these emails are being missed as they are not sent to the organisations delegated email?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add feature to automatically follow up on quotes / send quote reminder *days before expiry or *days after quote issued — as there is with invoices. This feature comes standard with most other quoting interfaces.

390 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your input, everyone! We'll keep monitoring the interests on this idea, so keep voting and share your thoughts on how quote reminder can benefit your business. 

14. It would be really useful if you could manually adjust depreciation on an asset by asset basis, where depreciation has been changed outside of the Xero product. This could be where depreciation has been run within the product for management accounts, but been adjusted by another accountant outside of the product when running the year-end. The manual adjustment would be great for aligning the submitted accounts with the accounts in Xero.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please put the customer's payments on the activity page so it is easier to see what payments went to which invoices. Seeing that an invoice is paid isn't enough information if the customer has questions. It would be nice to see WHICH payment is applied to an invoice.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We would like our auditors / account reviewers to have Read Only access to our accounts in Xero however this does not enable them to view Xero Files, which is where we save our bank statements, etc.

Currently we need to give them Standard Access so that they can have access to the documents in Files, however this also gives them the ability to change the accounts as well.

We would like to suggest the Xero files be added to users with Read Only access.

Thanks,
    Maria

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We have grant funding so wages as well as super needs to be applied with the tracking code to acquit grant correctly. Presently, there is no availability to apply tracking codes against the superannuation, as well it is only available through timesheets for the wages.
    It would be very helpful if tracking codes could be applied directly with pay items in employee template (similarly like other software) so this can be applied when leave is taken also

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Having a 2nd person as a Super Authoriser would be helpful when the 1st person goes on leave.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  11 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UK Payroll - need a summary report showing leave taken / remaining by employee for a given leave year - This is already available in AU payroll

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  14 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If I want to change the Payment Frequency for Superannuation from quarterly to monthly, I currently have to do it for each and every employee individually, A fair waste of time because there are many employees on the list to change, but I've done it. When it becomes mandatory in 2024 to pay all employees fortnightly, I'm hoping to be able to 'Select All' employees, and select to change the Payment Frequency' from Monthly to Fortnightly. Do you know if this has been discussed or is likely to become an option for us?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?