Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4770 results found

1. The email invoice button on the new invoice template has moved from a main button to now being in a sub menu in the three dots, adding a click to the work flow.

But Print PDF is still a button on the main invoice template.

In an era where email is preferred over a printed PDF in the post, it would be nice to retain both EMAIL and PRINT as main buttons on the new invoice system. Seems extra work when you are sending a whole load every day for bigger companies.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A report that provides details of employees leave to be able to see the leave accruals and leave taken for the pay period.
    This would help as an audit trail and when preparing a salary budget or during a salary review.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  8 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Remove the limitation on posting manual journal entries to bank/cash accounts. I end up spending way too much time on manual workarounds (payroll entries for example, you have to use a "bill" to replace the functionality of a journal entry). It ends up taking way more time working around the limitation than its worth. As a new user of Xero, I'm incredulous. I've worked with multiple accounting software platforms over the years, and never been exposed to such a massive limitation like this. It's almost a dealbreaker, and for some clients it certainly is. I've been looking for a viable…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the added detail, everyone. It's good to be able to share this detail back with our teams.

Appreciate why Bank Rules won't help for cash accounts and where you don't have a bank feed coming into the account.

Being open, this isn't something we have plans for changing in the short-term. We'll leave the idea open for our product team to continue considering how we could improve efficiency in some of the situations you've described. If there are any updates we'll share this with you all here.

4. Just to add on to another users request (see organisation settings - Dark mode) highly voted request

Could you please consider the darker mode theme on Xero for those who have light sensitivity or migraines due to white screens etc

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We bulk upload invoices in advance with "Draft" invoice numbers as we don't know their ultimate sequence for issue. We then assign a chronological invoice number when the invoice is approved and/or saved. In "Classic" invoicing, if I delete the invoice number it automatically assigned the next number in sequence e.g. #INV-0089, however in "New" invoicing if I delete the invoice number is warns me that I need a number and reverts to the original "Draft" number" and not the next chronological number in sequence. This is a significant backward step in functionality, can you confirm this bug will be…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  22 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can the New Invoicing Template have a the original way to change the date instead of opening the date dropdown to then have to open the "Pick another Date" option if it's not today or yesterday.. If it was today it would already have that day selected, so why is it an option? just added extra steps to select the correct date..

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, I know it's been a while since my last update and we'd like to confirm that our team are working to address your concerns, here. We'll be providing quicker access to the calendar picker for both the invoice due and issue dates. Work's underway atm and we plan to have this released to you all before classic invoicing retirement. I'll swing back again as soon as it's ready 🙂

7. Ability to flag individual bills as in dispute

Purpose | To enable review and ensure the business does not make payment for a bill when it's currently 'under query'

1,064 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate wanting to see more rapid movement, everyone. Having done a lot of exploration into this area our team have a good handle on the needs to solve this, however we want to be honest that development will be some time away with the team currently focused on improving bills list views and updating add/edit bill pages. For the time being to keep you up to date we're going to move this idea back to Submitted until more active work takes place for this.

I can assure you this idea is the best place to be leaving feedback for this feature, and Xero Product Ideas as a whole is the best place to be sharing where you'd like to see change across Xero products. As a community team we're advocating on your behalf constantly to see where ideas can be worked on, and this site is where our product…

8. Can no longer add an expected payment date when viewing an invoice, you now have to go to the 'awaiting payment' section of invoices. Meaning more steps involved and lost functionality.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Do NOT display an error message and update the history and notes.
    Sending Receipt to Client

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback and including a screenshot of the notifications you're getting on the invoice, Andrew. Just to make sure I fully understand your idea here - Are you saying that rather than seeing the pop up you'd like to have these added as history events to the invoice?

10. When preparing monthly CIS returns on xero you need to create a bill for the subcontractor and reconcile/mark the bill as paid. When you have clients that have on average 80 to 120 subcontractors the bill creation even with a bill template can be time consuming.
    Something to consider is whether creating a bill could be removed from this process and the CIS return be prepared simply from a spend money to a CIS enable contact.
    Also something else that can be time consuming when dealing with this volume of subcontractors is downloading the monthly CIS payment certificates as clients…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Not a new product idea by any means, just a request to put the GST return back the way it was before the update. So far with the new update, we can no longer see the late claims on a separate tab, we cannot publish the final return in Xero and now we can not be in two different entities at once even if we are incognito mode or in a different web browser.
    When querying Xero about this problem, it was suggested that I post it as a product idea, because they are all known issues but can't do…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently there is the inability to edit one payment in a batch deposit that was created from the Reconcile screen without dismantling the entire batch (with Unreconcile, and then Remove and Redo). If the batch Deposit is created from the Invoice screen and one line item needs adjusting, we have and option to Edit Batch. This allows for removing one line item of the batch but preserves the remainder of the batch (less the removed line item). Please add the Edit Batch function to batch deposits created in the Reconcile screen too! It is a big pain point when you…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When processing payroll, be able to see a comparative between current pay run and previous pay run before completion/filing to identify any discrepancies.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to be able to customise the styling on the invoice emails sent to customers. Changing the colour of the buttons etc.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The print date that now appears at the bottom of reports is useful for some reports and circumstances, and I understand this date is now turned off for Published Reports.

However we do not 'publish' our financial statements - we send our financial statements to clients in a practical and informative pack instead. This is a more efficient, professional and streamlined approach for us.

Showing the print date on these financial statements is of concern, due to various issues including the lag time between preparing and approving the report. It is also not ideal when preparing the directors resolution and…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It's good to know the small changes that can make a difference to our customers. Thank you for all sharing with us on the idea, here. Our team are looking into a solution at the organisation level, that'd enable you to remove the Date from footer for all reports exported to PDF. While they explore this we'll move the idea to Under review and I'll be back to share more as this moves along.

16. It would be great to be able to group certain lines of an invoice together (for example by adding some spacing between groups), to make long invoices more readable and logically coherent.

It used to be possible to add spacing on the Classic invoicing page by pressing Enter a few times on the description field, but this no longer works on the New invoicing.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, thank you for all your feedback. We're in the process of developing the edit view of the line item grid within new invoicing and will be incorporating the ability to manually add a row and the ability to move blank rows within the invoice. Once released blank lines will be able to be saved within the invoice so you can separate lines or groups of lines as you need. I'll keep you updated on when this goes live.

17. New Invoicing: Auto adjust the account column width (or wrap text) so that the full account name can be seen when creating an invoice in New Invoicing. Currently users have to click on the account within each line to see the full account name. In Classic invoicing the account box automatically adjusts so that the full account name can be seen.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback, everyone. Currently our team are doing some work on improving the line item grid (where you enter details of your invoice) this also involves providing the ability to view the full account name both when editing and viewing the invoice. For now we'll shift this idea to working on it and I'll share more news when this goes live. Thanks

18. Currently, Xero facilitates bank feeds with Investec (South Africa) although does not allow bank feeds to be setup for the UK & Channel island branch - This connection needs to be setup.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please can there be an option to mark a GST Return as FILED in Xero , where it has been filed by another method.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New Invoicing - Due Date: entering +0 currently records the due date as 7 days from invoice date. This feature is useful when due date is same as invoice date. All other numbers work (eg +5, +6, +7 etc) but +0 does not. Please fix this.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Quick return from me here, Lita. I can confirm our team are working on enabling more keyboard shortcuts for the date field in new invoicing which includes the ability to enter +0 in the Due date to copy the Issue date of the invoice.

We'll move this over to working on it and I'll confirm once it's live so you can use it 😊

• Don't see your idea?