Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4131 results found

1. Add a new field for "Row number" in customized invoice. So that we can see how many lines items in one invoice & fulfill client needs.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Shawn, to make sure we understand the idea here - would you like this field to be visible to the contact. Say when a certain branding theme is applied? Or just an internal to view when creating invoices in Xero? Thanks

2. Fixed asset schedules are pretty standard and the information we need to include is pretty standard.

The current functionality in Xero does not allow columns to be group together so we get a fixed asset schedule report with a lot of columns that is quite wide and squished up.

This idea is to add functionality to allow columns to be added together i.e. additions and disposals, depreciation rate and method, to condense the report and allow a more polished version to be created for included within annual financial statements.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please can we have the option in Regular earnings to have pay items that can be setup with day units and not hours so taht it shows on payslip as number of days x rate.

Thank you.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To be add the job title of a primary person and additional person in a contact details.
    Xero is not a CRM but to manage the invoicing and bills relationship with contact, it could be great to know the position of the person on the other side.
    It could be a great add-on as to know to whom we are addressing our email in the contact company.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to give the ability to add tracking category to a user that is Invoice only with Approve and Pay permissions

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We recently converted from Quickbooks Desktop and are trying to reproduce a "Sales by Customer" Report that sorts descending by gross invoice amount but groups the contacts within the contact group together. In Xero, I cannot figure out a way to accomplish this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We recently converted from Quickbooks Desktop and are trying to reproduce a "Sales by Customer" Report that is sorted by gross invoice amount. In Xero, I can click on the column header to accomplish this, but when I save the draft report or export to PDF, the sort order is not maintained. I would like the ability to change the report format to maintain the sort order after saving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This is very similar to https://productideas.xero.com/forums/939198-for-small-businesses/suggestions/46454503-reporting-ability-to-save-to-same-draft-file, except that we need this same functionality for reports that have been saved as custom reports. I'm tired of having new copies made of an income statement whenever I add an account and need to change where it is grouped. This should be a simple edit & save. While Save As is needed, it should not be the default and only option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Now that you cant attached docuemnts from files to a contact like you used to I have to download them from the files screen, but before I can download them, I have to click on them to preview first. I have to do this for 4 documents right now.
    I would love to see the below made available in the files screen:
    1. Have download available in the three dot drop down.
    2. Have the three dot drop down options available in the preview screen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Fiona, hoping you may have seen my recent update that we have now developed the ability to upload files to a contact record from the file library.

Appreciate your idea is still valid also and we'll continue to track the demand for this here. If there's any further changes around this, I"ll let you know. Thanks

10. Projects - Ability to copy time entries using web platform

Currently you can copy a time entry using the Projects app but this function does not seem to be availible using the web based software. This could be added to the hamburger menu where at present the only options are edit or delete.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It is concerning that Bank Accounts can be added or deleted by users with "Standard User Access or even "Advisor" in some cases.

Considering the whole Xero Accounting system revolves around Bank Feeds, the ability to add a bank account, activate Bank Feeds or even delete a bank account should only be a function available to the Software Subscriber.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently you can't select NONE on Job Tracking list when reconciling on mobile - it would be great if this was added just like it is when reconciling on desktop

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new bills view has totally rearranged the columns and the column widths. I have already added my own vote to adjusting column widths but i really need to be able to sort my bills view columns in an order that is easier on the eye, and neck, instead of bouncing from from one side of the screen to the other unnecessarily.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Linking Purchase Order to Bill

Purpose: To copy the details from the po to populate the forwarded bill from email fields.

This would enable the ease of processing bills; using the data already on the po and verifying the costs accordingly.

Also this is vital, so that you can match multiple bills to the same po.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. UK Payroll: Allow each payrolls to book to different accounts.

Most consulting firms have a set of employees on fees, the costs of which are considered as costs of sale in the P&L, and a set of employees in the back office, the costs of which are considered as operating costs in the P&L.

Xero already support multiple payrolls (and we use this feature) but Xero doesn't not support each payroll booking to separate accounts in the chart of accounts. We have to do an error prone manual journal for each payroll each payroll cycle.

I would be great if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Xero should have the ability (similar to QuickBooks) to have sub accounts in Chart of Accounts.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can there be a system setting which controls the default option on Invoices for the Approve button.
    It is currently Approve & Email and we would like to have the default as just Approve.

If it was a system setting companies could chose best option for them.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There are three types of bank rules (receive, spend, transfer) and there is no absolute order. So, if there is a conflict between one that is # 1 in transfer and # 100 in spend, the spend one wins.
    Do you see what I mean?
    There is currently no way around this? It would be good to have an absolute rule order covering all three types of rules.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We have to regularly edit invoices from specifics suppliers to correct pennies in the VAT boxes to ensure these match. Using up valuable and unnecessary time.

We use another software with another company that gets this spot on every time, but considering we pay for Xero we felt it would be helpful to get the VAT extraction down to 100% accuracy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New holiday regulations from 1 January 2024 to commence from 1 April 2024. The new legislation from 1 April is only based on 4 weeks so it would appear the only option is to manually calculate the enhanced holiday pay.

It would be good in time if it was possible in Xero Payroll to calculate the enhanced holiday on selected pay elements only such as overtime, bonuses, commission, etc.

We use two other payroll software packages that allow this process of selecting specific elements to calculate the enhanced holiday so it is possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?