Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4068 results found

1. Access rights in the system is an issue for many companies and has also been a reason for companies to opt for another software.

We believe that it would be beneficial if you can add an option to choose between simple and advanced user roles.

Advanced should include the option to restrict access to certain menu items.
    Even a high level restriction would be helpful i.e. Hiding Dashboard tab, in Business being able to select Invoicing, purchases or stock or a combination of these menus to access, etc.

In addition, an option to be an approver or not in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In quickbooks there is a reconciling option where you add your starting date, end date and bank balance (which I know Xero has this report), however in quickbooks you can then tick the transactions that apply and anything that hasn't cleared appears unticked (as shown below). Once reconciled if you change the transaction it tells you that it will affect your bank reconciliation. 1) it would be good to have this ticking option as it is easy to see what items are missing from your bank statement) and 2) prompting that any changes to the month will affect your balance…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For permanent employees, all XERO business customers should be able to calculate their future leave balances. This will allow a business owner to know if they can approve the leave or not, or what conversation to have with a team member.

I hope this idea is backed and implemented.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  26 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We need a custom P&L report that can group our revenues and COGS both by Customer and by Month.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like the option of creating separate pay runs and allowing certain individuals access to each. This would help when doing management and senior staff payroll so payroll admin can't access the information of the senior management team. I think the access rights in Xero need to be a bit more flexible as it seems an all or nothing system at the moment. Other accounting packages do have more flexibility with access rights and I think this lets Xero down.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be helpful if the date ranges had 'all dates' selection, as i am finding that i need to look at the past couple of years worth of information and as i have now passed into a new current financial year, i have to keep changing the dates every time i want to search a customer/supplier.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If a Xero client has a credit card that is cancelled due to scam or new card etc, the only option is to create a new bank feed for the card so you can continue to get the data. In this instance, you end up with two bank accounts on your Xero file, both with a balance. At the moment, you can only do a transfer to move 1 balance to the other, than archive the one not needed. It would be nice to be able to merge the two together so that the balance works and the transactions stay…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It is time to add support for alternative browsers than just the big 4. There are many privacy and security benefits with browsers like Opera, compared to say Chrome. And not so much tracking and privacy impacts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow users to change weekly SMP amount after a payrise to allow simple updates to extra SMP owing without having to delete all previous payruns back to the maternity leave start date.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Holiday requests automatically declined if holiday balance is '0' of minus value.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When adding or editing a contact, I always enter their address.

Xero has this great feature that allows searching for addresses, and that's wonderful!

...except it's arbitrarily limited to only search addresses in the country the Xero org is registered in; a US Xero org only offers autocompletion for US addresses, for example.

In this modern, international, remote-friendly age, the notion of only having domestic clients is a little silly– especially when paying for a Xero tier that supports multiple currencies.

So: being able to search/autocomplete international addresses when editing or adding contacts would be a great addition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It is all too easy to accidentally upload a batch of sales invoices to Xero from the wrong period. It can then take absolutely hours to delete these as Xero does not have the functionality to remove these en masse.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sarah, when importing invoices to Xero, these should come in as drafts. You can Delete draft invoices in bulk from the Draft List view. 🙂

Would be good to better understand the way invoices are coming into your organisation if there's a step I'm missing here? 

13. It would be great if, when viewing a contact, there was a quick 'sign/flag' to show if that contact has an active Direct Debit form.

Currently you have to go to >Settings >Payment Service >GoCardless >edit >Direct Debit Forms

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There is an issue with the new contact edit settings, we cannot add IBAN in account number and swift in routing numberFinancial details. Since we have vendors globally, not everyone have US routing and acct number only. This needs to be fixed since we are relying on the bank details updated in contact

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks everyone, we thoroughly appreciate your feedback on changes when adding or editing a contact. 

Since the initial release, our team have made an update and you'll find you can now enter IBAN and SWIFT into account number without it throwing errors. 

Currently, if you save information into the account number field it'll spread across the bank account prefix and bank account number fields - The thing to note is that this will not impact processing of batch payments and will be one field when exported for batch payments.

We understand it’s not the perfect solution and are looking at further enhancing this - I'll keep you updated here. 

15. Good Day

We would like to request that the feature or the option to charge interest on customers for overdue accounts be developed as most other accounting packages has this feature and it becomes time consuming when this has to be calculated and brought in as additional invoices when there are numerous accounts that this needs to be done on.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be good if there was a warning if an adviser user inadvertently enters a date in a prior accounting period which has been locked. For example year end is 31 Dec 2022 and a current year bill is entered as 17/11/22 instead of 17/11/23

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A 'select all' feature to approve all unapproved timesheets would be great.
    8 plus years now of having to tick in a tiny box for all my casual/part-time staff is getting a little tedious, especially when a slight error opens the timesheet up and you have to then back out of the page to start all over again.
    It shouldn't be too hard from a coding point of view should it?
    Thanks, Bob

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The most important information in the statement line is usually at the end of it, the bit that is always hidden. I've been asking for this since 2019. Its a bit frustrating to see that the statement lines in the Reconciliation tab are now showing some kind of machine-generated guess about what the purchase is, when people have been asking for ages for the full statement line to be shown. Can anyone explain why Xero is so reluctant to do this simple thing?

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Usually, the options when you make a new bill would be "create new, copy, edit, etc" and date issued, date due, but no date planned to pay. SoI hope that one day there would be an additional option of "schedule for payment at date" because sometimes there are so many bills lying around and going to the "ALL" tab in Bills to pay, to find which are the bills that haven't had a schedule yet to schedule it is kind of inconvenient. So if I may, I would like a small additional option to be able to assign a planned…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate wanting this within the individual bill and through creation, Ruth. We'll track interest of this here,  

As a solve for right now, you can jump across to the Awaiting Payment tab and select the Bills you'd like to assign a planned date too you'll see the Action for 'Add planned date' turn blue and you can use this to bulk assign a plan to date to multiple bills at once 🙂

If you're not sure which bills you've assigned a planned date too, you can click the plan Planned date header to sort all bills without a date assigned. 

20. At the moment Xero only produce standard 18 format files for paying employees electronically. There is very minimal banks that accept this kind of format. I I think it would be of great use if we could upload a template file to Xero of the format our bank accepts and it then produces this type of file for us.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?