Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4584 results found

1. Usually, the options when you make a new bill would be "create new, copy, edit, etc" and date issued, date due, but no date planned to pay. SoI hope that one day there would be an additional option of "schedule for payment at date" because sometimes there are so many bills lying around and going to the "ALL" tab in Bills to pay, to find which are the bills that haven't had a schedule yet to schedule it is kind of inconvenient. So if I may, I would like a small additional option to be able to assign a planned…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate wanting this within the individual bill and through creation, Ruth. We'll track interest of this here,  

As a solve for right now, you can jump across to the Awaiting Payment tab and select the Bills you'd like to assign a planned date too you'll see the Action for 'Add planned date' turn blue and you can use this to bulk assign a plan to date to multiple bills at once 🙂

If you're not sure which bills you've assigned a planned date too, you can click the plan Planned date header to sort all bills without a date assigned. 

2. Hope the cash summary can select Bank Accounts so that I will know the cash movements within particular bank account.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Customer purchase order number field.

Why is there no field for customer po number?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Transactions posted after a period end affecting prior periods

Lock dates had not been set and as a result, there has been a few entries in to the last financial year.
    How can I locate these entries?

I have tried a transaction report, but there are no parameters that I could enter.
    Ideally.

Example -
    Our year end is 31st August.
    I would like a report that looks for transactions entered between dates 1/4/22 - 21/9/22 that have a transaction date up to 31.8.21 (last year end)

In other accounting systems, you could take a unique reference number (URN) at…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kellie, you might find History & notes useful for getting the insight you're after here. 

Though it's not possible to filter by the transaction date - You can set a date range like you've mentioned to view activity that has occurred post your orgs year end and ability to filter by Item types so you just view the item types you're interested in. 

Keen to hear if this helps. 

5. I want to be able to merge a customer's business registration number onto a custom invoice template.

There is a field for this in the database but no merge field available.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Apportion percentages of a total bill to different customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently in European Countries except for the United Kingdom, the comma is used as a decimal separator not the dot.

Europe: x.,xx i.e. €1.250,55
    UK: x,
    .xx i.e. £1,250.55

For those Xero users invoicing to Europe countries It would be great if we could change the format of these numeric separators to better conform to European countries.

The only ability we have at the moment to customise this is to remove the comma separator completely and have no decimal places.
    i.e €1 251

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can we please have the report codes shown & editable on the chart of accounts page, and also through the actual reports?

Reasons for the request:
    1. It is a logical workflow to specify how an account is to be reported when setting it up
    2. It saves having to view the report, realise a report code needs correction and then having to close the report to do this, if you can drill down straight from the report as displayed.
    3. As the account balance is shown on the Chart of Accounts page, it makes it clearer which accounts actually…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we've just released a change so if you're a part of a Xero practice you'll now see we've added a new ‘Report code’ column to the Chart of Accounts page, that displays the report code and report code name. This should help save you time, and easily review report codes before running report templates.

9. In addition to the bank account name showing on the bank reconciliation report, it would be good to also show the account number. This would make it easier to match the bank statement with the bank account in Xero.
    For example, my client may have it as Business Account 1, Business Account 2 in Xero but the actual account name is ANZ Transaction Account, NAB Cheque account - so easily being able to match the account number when checking period end balances would make it much quicker and easier.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be great to be able to filter the fixed asset list by the various categories but especially by asset type.

For example, I have 500 assets and am trying to pick out just the Office Equipment to dispose of 30 assets, but I am having to search for each individual asset rather than just look at a list of the Office Equipment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Re: Handling of Mutly-currency/translating foreign currency amounts into the functional currency

Multy currency is currently not fully supported in xero.

A foreign currency transaction should be recorded initially at the rate of exchange at the date of the transaction and then, at each subsequent balance sheet date, foreign currency monetary amounts should be reported using the closing rate.

This is true in xero only for Bank accounts, accounts receivables and payables set in foreign currency but not for other account.
    As a result users are required to input periodical manual adjustments at each balance sheet date.

We ask Xero to…

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great if a column could be added to either the Aged Receivables Report or the Receivable Invoice Detail Report that shows the number of days the invoice is overdue by.

The number of days an invoice is overdue by can be seen on the 'Awaiting Payment' tab in the invoice section in Xero, but even on this part the information cannot be exported.

Thank you!

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Xero Me App - Testing

It would be great if we could test the Xero Me app (similar to how we can with the Demo Company for Xero) to be able to see what employees see.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be great to have the ability to have a ‘send remittance advice’ button under the accounts transactions page of the bank accounts to easily tick the payments you want to send a remittance advice of to suppliers. Perhaps next to the ‘remove & redo’ button. This will save a lot of time having to go into a payment transaction. I know that the remittance advices can be send for bulk payments but this needs to be done before the payment is removed if various suppliers are paid in the same batch. The same option can perhaps be added…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Unscheduled payruns - the ability to not include pending leave. When processing bonuses etc, Xero automatically puts in the up coming leave even though it is not appropriate to be included in this unscheduled payrun and should be in the standard payrun. Because we pay monthly this only exacerbates the situation. To have the option to not include the leave in that payrun would help with this.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  9 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When generating a new Purchase Order can Xero add a Receiving Inspection report at the same time. The Receiving Inspection report would be an exact copy of the purchase order details that can printed with the Purchase Order. The Receiving Inspection report can then be hung up and when goods are received, they can be checked against this report and ticked off etc . We have a sample attached. IT would be great to have this to check off incoming items

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Being able to customize each user role is quite important as every person in every company does something different. Giving them access to systems they shouldn't have because the User Role they need to do their job allows them access to these other areas is a security risk in general.

Putting in Custom Roles will also allow companies to adjust the Users to their Company Policies for controls.

This is the main reason I am posting this, as we are soon bringing on a new junior accountant where I will need to give them "approval" rights for Invoicing and a…

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the idea here - Being transparent, developing granular permissions or roles for every feature and action throughout Xero is not in our plans. 

Understanding more of the permission sets majority of users need, will help understand where the biggest impact could be made. 

I've slightly adjusted the title to suit the needs of the role you mentioned. We'll get a sense of others that'd like this too. 

18. I have used both the old & new GoCardless/Xero integrations. I thought the old one was great from an automation perspective if you were able to automate contact creation and this would automatically match the direct debit with the contact.

Unfortunately, the new integration is quite restricted and an auto-match will only be done if the DD mandate is created directly from an invoice in Xero. This makes things very difficult from a scalability perspective and makes the new GoCardless/Xero integration unworkable. I've worked some businesses who have 30+ new customers a week and, once the migration from the old…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. To be able to use CIS on the mobile app and on an IPAD.
    When you are not able to use a laptop and you need to work with CIS.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. XERO Projects, Could contact details i.e email addresses and phone number be assigned to a specific project, these would normally be different from the original company contacts details. This would mean the right persons would receive the invoices or quotes sent from a particular XERO project. Could this be done within the project tab.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?