Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4568 results found

1. can you please increase the capacity for downloading general ledgers because at the moment it seems very limited. Often we have to send large files and the capacity at the moment is insufficient

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. atm if a client asks what is included in a figure in the accounts, I can only manually deduce that, or generate a spreadsheet analysing all the Trial Balance into the headings (the tagging screen is quick reference for generating this) but surely it should be possible to run a report.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I use the P&L report (a custom one) a lot and regularly compare the current period I'm analysing to the same period the previous year. I have set this as the default in my custom report.

However, it's frustrating that as soon as you change the date you're analysing, Xero changes the comparison period back to the previous month or previous quarter etc. I want it to stick to my default of the equivalent period the previous year but I'm told this is not currently possible by Xero support so here I am!

The only way to resolve this is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like clients who prepare their own BAS to be able to lock periods - as this is good practice for obvious reasons. Currently if they are a Standard user they are not able to access this area to lock periods. If I make them an Advisor they have access to unlocking prior years and make changes (been there done that - never again).
    Please have the option to give standard users the ability to lock periods (i.e. the first lock period date, but not the second date), or provide a solution to address the above issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. desarrollar el informe de Aged Receivables Detail para que por linea por factura.

adjunto encabezado deseado.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Looking out our month-on-month Income Statement is cumbersome. Adding "YTD" in the "compare with" field would be an upgrade to fairly standard accounting.
    thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We regularly use Tracking Categories to allocate bills to Projects. The Account Transactions report is great for showing bills and payments by Project. However, each line has to be individually accessed to see the underlying uploaded document.

Accountants regularly ask for these receipts which need to be individually downloaded and we have to manually create a spreadsheet linking each receipt.

This would be hugely easier if the Excel export of the report allowed a field for a URL linking to the uploaded document, like all good receipt tracking apps allow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Our company recently combined all departments onto one Xero account. It would be great to be able to see a 'Department' column on the Business - Quotes / Business - Invoices / Business - Purchase Orders pages so that we can see which departments have raised which quotes etc.

In general, it would be great to be able to customize the overview/summary views to tailor it to which columns are relevant to our business.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Janice, appreciate the suggestion in community here. Although each of these areas have a similar page, being open they would each be developed by separate teams and it'd be good to understand the interest in being able to see tracking for each separately to be considered by product. 

I've slightly changed the title of your idea here for Sales invoices. We have one for Bills across here you may like to support, and you're welcome to create others for each area of Xero you'd like to see this in. 

9. We operate two Companies on Xero - the manufacturing company sells to the retail company - so we use the Xero to Xero function for this.
    I understand from the support articles that item codes are not transferred from Xero to Xero transactions. Is there any way to enable this, if we were to use the same item codes in each company? When the sales invoices are shared and received as draft purchase invoices the Item codes and COGS/expenses codes have to be re-entered - we would process about 500 per annum with up to 50 lines per invoice -…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remove option to send remittance advice when posting batch payments

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is there a specific reason you'd like to remove this option from your organisation, Ben. For example would this be for certain user roles, or based on your business processes would you want to remove this for everyone? 

11. Sales Overview screen needs improving to show percentage increase in invoices sent, month on month. Attached is an example to show how it needs to be drastically improved to be like. Companies basically could raise capital off this screen - come on Xero! Please improve the screen to be like this example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. At the moment the Page number function and number of Pages function kill the statement and Quote Templates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Payroll Reports - When generating reports I would love to be able to tick a button to say 'EXCLUDE ZERO' balances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please update the wording of icon in an employees payroll from "reset payslip" to "reset individuals payroll"

The reset is for use to "refresh" really and nothing to do with a payslip.
    Its rather confusing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Were clients have figures in the New Xero Cashflow report of $1,000,000 and $10,000,000. The cashflow can only handles this by reducing the months on the report. An Idea to get arround this would be to do what larger company's do in a prospectus. State in a subtitled that all figures are in millions and omit the last 3 zeros.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow any field from the company or contact field to be added to report columns. e.g. Company account ID so once a report is downloaded we can use Vlookup and consolidate data from several different reports, Company City, or State so we can evaluate sales based on geography. The currently available columns in the Reporting are very restrictive and do not allow a business to make smart decisions as data is scattered or not available easily.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Lynx, appreciate raising your idea in community. While we don't intend to make every field of a contacts record visible in every report appreciate your detail around the Location and Contact Account Number that you'd like to be able to view. Are there any specific reports you'd find this most useful in? 

17. Ability to remove value from online quote. This will allow templated quotes to be used where a total value isn't used and individual pricing is set per task. Dependant on the job there are specific rates per brick etc. Which is calculated at the end of a job bet the rate is set at the start therefore we need people to accept our quote (rates) but the total (quantity) wouldn't be determined until job completion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New idea - In Reckon there is a little drop-down calculator you can use in the amounts field. So if for example you claim 60% business/40% personal for a vehicle expense, you can work it out in the box of a split transaction in the bookkeeping program rather than having to open a separate calculator. Likewise if you have a docket with both personal and business transactions on it, you can add them up within the transaction instead of opening a separate calculator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When using E-Invoicing - the customer does not get a PDF copy of the bill. How do you provide supporting documents?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Most of my projects just have one task, so when I go and create a time entry for a project with a single task, it would be great if the task was already set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?