Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1396 results found

1. While reviewing the short-term cash flow report, a client may realise that there is a bottleneck and spread out some bill payments by changing the payment dates. It would be great to be able to do this from within the Short-Term Cashflow (on the same screen that the issue is identified) to see the results immediately and the improvement in cash flow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Xero Analytics Plus - add basic SaaS metrics/Unit Economics such as MRR, ARR, ACV, LTV, CAC, etc to Analytics dashboard.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'd like an easy way to make a note on a transaction or other unique information without it having to be "found" in the notes and history at the bottom. I'm trying to give a bookkeeper/advisor a bunch of notes at once, and it would hugely helpful if somehow there was a way to send her something or have a "log" of some kind that showed my recent notes, with easy links to the transactions, so I don't have to do screen shots and send outside of Xero etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new ability to email a bill to Xero is excellent, however, it is more often the case for me that I have the bill file as a PDF directly on hand, rather than as an email. Consequently, I can't actually use the feature!

Please allow the feature to be used by dropping the file into the Xero bills interface.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi, Can i check is there any mobile space for moving long space to show the full no. of " NUMBER" row due to i unable to see the document no.in full in "Purchase Order" page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To have an option to set up e-mail notifications to receive a report when an invoice payable becomes due

Purpose: To easily be reminded when invoices/bills due through email.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently if a duplicate Bill to Pay is entered this only highlights/flags as duplicate when you are first creating the Bill or are editing the bill at a later date. Once it has been approved, it no longer highlights/flags this as a potential duplicate.

It would be great if Xero could flag that this could be a duplicate in 2 places:
    1) on the bills to pay screen, somewhere out to the side (like the attachments) or perhaps the whole row in a different colour to identify that there are 2 bills for the same supplier with the same invoice…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, we appreciate your interest and sharing on this here.

Our product team have been thinking about how they might help alleviate the pain of identifying duplicate bills in Xero. We're at the point where we'd like to get some feedback on their designs and would like to offer the ability to share back with us.

✍️If you'd be interested in participating in concept testing of this feature please fill in this short form

We may not be able to contact or schedule everyone who registers their interest, however we'll return to share outcomes, and any updates with you here. 😊

8. I was able to add columns on a report to show tracked category subtotals alongside category totals, then I used 3 formula columns to show the category totals excluding the tracked category values and then the variance by $ and % excluding the tracked category values.

It would be nice instead to be able to make Variance columns that will refer to other Variance columns and/or Formula columns. This way, I gain the benefit of colour coding and arrows for these formulae, making them more directly comparable and more visually consistent!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think it would be helpful to have an interactive check box next to invoices in aged payables detail report to help with reconciling against supplier statement.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. XERO Projects could do with a massive update!

Similar to the main dashboard XERO Projects could also do with a dashboard where you can see a quick overview of what is due in the coming weeks, what is overdue, what is assigned to me, or what is assigned to staff I manage. What projects are in draft status and what projects are 'in progress'. Projects with amounts that need to be invoiced and projects where allocated hours to tasks have been exceeded or amounts allocated to estimated expenses have exceeded.

In other words a dashboard that gives a nice visual…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Aaah I see, thanks for the clarification, Emma. Understand the difference between what you can get with the existing reports and what you're in need of. 

I've shared with our Projects team. We're continuing to add Projects and while there's no plans at present I'll let you know if anything surrounding this is explored we'll share with you here. 🙂 

11. Is it possible to include a item code column when downloading Xero invoices. This information is already included in the PDF download.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When converting a Purchase Order to a bill it would be great if there was a way of transferring any PDFs attached to the PO to the Bill. At the moment you need to remember to do this manually.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. FILES - It would be great if we could add a file from the main screen when reconciling bills without having to go into the item/bill to do this

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When paying bills using Crezco use the "Details" field from the Supplier Contact / Finance as the payment reference.
    For instance if a supplier has given us a unique ID on there system as "DME002" use this reference in the payment field when doing Crezco payments.
    FYI. It used to be this way with Wise payments? but has now changed as we move over to Crezco?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The same way a direct debit file is created for Creditors, it would be great if Xero could create a direct credit file for Debtors. We direct credit over 200 debtor accounts weekly. As Xero isnt able, we do it externally and use a bank template. If Xero can creatre a direct debit file, I dont see why it cant create a direct credit file. The only change is the bank ID. Our previous clunky software could do it and banks are able to upload a direct credit file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to edit invoice without having to remove and redo all payments on that invoice

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When creating an Invoice from a quote within Projects, the newly created invoice does not retain any connection to the Project that the quote is linked to. This is very annoying and time-consuming - as the only way to then link the Invoice to the Project is to manually select and assign every individual line item, one by one and map them against the project. Surely this is an easy fix to keep an Invoice linked to a project as the quote was? Why would you disassociate an invoice from a project that it directly relates to??

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Current financial year by month – actual and budget
    Use this report but able to select which period the actuals stop and the budget starts, so you can run the report on a back dated range, or before the latest period was completed.

I.e. Financial year is Jan-Dec. If I run the report in April, it shows Jan-March actuals and April-Dec budget. It would be good to be able to select the date where the actuals stop and budget starts, so you can run a report in April (for example) and select Jan and Feb actuals, and March-Dec Budget.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Capture energy usage data such as electricity kwH and gas MJ, or actual CO2 emissions when inputting utility bills. This would be beneficial for SMEs who may need to calculate carbon emissions - increasingly being asked for this by larger clients with net zero targets and/or are calculating their Scope 3 emissions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I forward invoices to Bills via the email feature.
    I then batch process these at regular intervals.
    There could be 50 to 100 bills here.
    I have set default purchase contacts for all these contacts yet none of these drafts use that until I go into the bill for manual approval.
    This wastes a lot of time as I have to go through each bill 1 by 1.

Allow me to bulk edit the accounts on Draft Bills and / or use the default account setting for that contact.

This simple change would save me hours and I would get…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?