We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, appreciate your continued feedback on new invoicing. As mentioned in my last update we've now added a new Xero Central page for new invoicing.

Along with updates to individual ideas on Xero Product Ideas, this page will become the single source of truth for key feature rollouts including:

• what’s available in new invoicing right now,
    • timelines for features and enhancements going live in new invoicing, as well as
    • a comparison table between the classic and newer versions of invoicing.

We'll be updating this page regularly.

Relating to some of the more recent feedback there are some existing ideas that may also be of particular interest that you can join, like the ability to see the email the invoice was sent to in the history, or being able to see a timestamp, and reducing clicks and steps.

2. Remove 'Powered by Xero' Advertisement on the footer invoice emails (only recently added)

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, appreciate this topic has picked up momentum in the last couple of months since “Powered by Xero” was first introduced to our invoice emails.
    Our product team have been working through the next iteration of the invoice email. They’ve reviewed feedback about this email from multiple sources and are planning some changes to address some of the concerns, in particular that the purpose of this feature is for marketing and advertising purposes. This feature was developed, designed and implemented will the sole intention of increasing trust with the invoice emails we generate inside the Xero platform. The data after delivering this has shown that it does just that, increasing engagement with your invoice emails and ultimately getting you, our customers, paid faster.
    Therefore the “Powered by Xero” footer will remain in place, however we will be reducing its size, better integrating it into a redesigned email experience…

3. What I like that you added:
    * Saving as draft!
    * New Due Date drop-down selections (e.g. 14 days)

What I do not like:
    * No "add another invoice" option after save + print PDF, more clicks now
    * When save + print PDF, now opens a new tab that needs closed, more clicks
    * Cannot "copy" the invoice line "item" - I usually create many lines that I used to be able to copy & paste the "item", now more clicks
    * Too much whitespace and font too large, I want to be able to see the data w/o…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback on new invoicing. We’re listening carefully to all feedback to make sure new invoicing has the functionality you need, as we prepare for retirement of the classic version.
    We recognise that some things will be different, so we encourage you to spend some time familiarising yourself with the new version. We also believe all small businesses and advisors around the world can benefit from Xero, which is why we’re deeply committed to accessibility. We’re confident that in time, new invoicing will become easy to use and that you’ll enjoy the benefits of us being able to provide much more value on that platform quicker.

There's some improvements we have made to enhance workflow. For example when you create a new invoice the cursor will begin in the Contacts field, from here you can tab through all fields of your invoice to enter detail. We’ve…

4. New invoicing version makes me tick 'Include files as attachments' for every invoice I send off, whereas the old invoicing remembered my defaults. I prefer the old way where my preferences were saved.

New invoicing also cannot preview attachments, it always has to open a new tab to view an attachment. Old invoicing I could preview an attachment on a pop up within the same browser tab. I prefer just viewing the attachment quick within the same screen, I personally don't like having another tab that needs closing.

Invoicing notes are inaccurate. For example; the system keeps marking invoiced as…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback on how you'd like to see new invoicing developed. All your feedback here is being shared with the team as they continue to iterate and develop this new experience. 

That said, in order for us to get a better understanding of interest for the different points raised here it's best for us to track and update any progress on these each separately. We appear to have ideas for each of the points mentioned in the thread here and I've linked these below so you can join and follow any updates for each. 

5. It would be great if we could add ageing on client/customer statements. (Current, 30, 60, 90 days) Many clients have requested that the ageing be displayed on their statements. Current, overdue and total isn't detailed enough..

375 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everybody, coming across from the previous forums we know this idea has a lot of interest.

There is a way of using Xero's reports to accomplish what you're asking here and save the format so you can easily access and send this report to your customers outside of Xero.

Running the Aged Receivables detail report you can choose how many ageing periods you'd like to show and set the period to '30 days'. Simply Filter the report by Contact and Update to run.

• Once you've got it set up, save as Custom so you can easily access this format anytime
    • If you deal with groups of contacts this also means you could Filter for multiple contacts to combine the view into one report rather than multiple customer statements 🙂
    • Export the report to PDF, where you can send to customers from your email system outside of Xero

We appreciate…

6. In XPM you can create a time entry for a Job you are not assigned to. However this is not possible if we are making the time entry through the API.

The API should offer that possibility as it is the same as in the brows.er

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I like the ability to send invoices directly to my client via the Xero Network. I thought this feature had disappeared but I figured out that it was only available if I clicked on 'switch to classic invoicing' first. I would like the ability to send invoices using the Xero Network in your 'New Invoicing' screen

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the interest and hearing you make use of the Xero to Xero Network key currently. 

You may have heard of eInvoicing which is enabled through the Peppol network, and provides a very similar service to what Xero to Xero does. 

With this new initiative in place we don't intend to develop new invoicing for Xero to Xero. Instead we'd recommend looking into eInvoicing and setting this up for your business where possible. Though not available in all regions at present, as more regions do adopt this'll extend the networks reach, too. 

8. In original invoicing the Chrome CopyTables extension worked to copy the data from the invoice into Excel for creating pivot tables; that feature doesn't work in new invoicing. We work with multiple vendors on a single project and it's significantly easier to place those orders by copying the tables from Xero into Excel and creating a pivot table. If the base code can't be adjusted to work with extensions like that than being able to export an invoice as a CSV would be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jonathan, appreciate the feedback however this is something you'd need to contact Chrome about in relation to how their extension works and if any change can be made to apply to Xero's new invoicing 

9. The new bills dashboard has weird oversized fonts and therefore appears busy and cluttered. Most of Xero has reasonable pages which are easier to read - like the invoice lists for example. This new version is not nice or professional. Not sure why there couldn't be an option for different view settings (the 'compact view' button does almost nothing). If this continues as a trend in Xero, we will likely move.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi James,

Thanks for sharing your feedback around the new bills screen.

I can confirm it’s not possible to revert to the older bills screen, and there are no plans to introduce this as an option.

The changes to the look and feel of the bills list are part of a wider technology upgrade that allows us to deliver new features more quickly in the future.

Just to confirm, I’ve attached a screenshot of the refreshed bills experience from my test org. 

I wouldn't say any of the text here appears weird or oversized, if you’re experiencing something different on your end, can you have a chat with our support team?

10. It would be good to have the option to update any repeating invoice if the contact email address is changed, whether it could be a pop up reminder to update the repeating invoice or automatically update it if it is the only address against the contact. This would save time and any errors if the repeating invoice is not updated

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We value your feedback and appreciate everyone that's shared benefits found by being prompted of a change in contact email. 

While this has been looked into by our Product teams, we want to be honest that we don't have plans for re-developing a prompt on repeat invoices when a contacts email is updated at this time. We'll move this idea to not planned, and if there's change for this down the line we'll be sure to return & update on that, here. Thanks

11. Please bring back the old look, especially Purchase Overview. The new one is difficult to look at

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback, Karolina. We do want to be upfront that there are no intentions of bringing back the previous view. 

These changes are necessary for the platform, and in line with upgraded change that we're making across the product

There is a toggle within the page where you can select to turn on a compact view and may help with your viewing. 

If there is something else in terms of the look and feel of the new page that is particularly difficult for you please do share and we can consider this in isolation and get an understanding of the support, and understand how this could be improved in the new design, long term. 

12. i was importing invoices raised in Simpro Software to Xero Software, most of the information are not present. Only invoice date, Ref no, invoice no, and amount is present. Description is considered to be important information but that is missing (Job No. is present in Description field).

Its like double work. While integrating information form other software, xero has to provide nearly all the required necessary information.

I hope there could be a solution for this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Tim, thanks for sharing this idea! We actually have a dedicated forum for API suggestions, similar to Product Ideas, over on our Developer Centre.

This is one that'd be better suited to that API team, and you can share it here. In the meantime, I'll close it off as 'Not Planned' here on Product Ideas 😊

13. I would like Xero to read the terms on our invoices that we are importing via Wise-Sync rather than the branding within Xero.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, thanks for your continued interest in this idea.

From the 4th September, we’ve removed the option to add Pay with Wise to your Xero subscription for new sign ups, and we made the decision to completely remove the feature from 26th February 2024.

Our team is hard at work on an alternative bill payment solution that uses Open banking.

14. When generating a batch payment for multiple bills, the reference column of the batch payment is driven from the reference field within the supplier contact.

When a batch payment is made the reference is automatically set from contacts rather than the reference on the invoice. This means that in the reference column of the batch payment the invoice reference is required to manually added, doing this also updates the contact which means this process has to be completed every month otherwise you end up exporting payments with the previous months invoice reference as the payment reference.

The simplest fix is…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, rounding back we appreciate there hasn't been much explanation before now on why this idea is not planned. 

Coming across from our previous forums this has been reviewed by many of our team in product. To start, and explain logic behind the scenes - Xero allows references to be pulled from either:

• what's been entered as a reference for the contact, or
    • the bill reference

Batch payments is designed to cater for businesses that require the same reference for every invoice via the reference entered in the Contact record.

👉For example utility companies needing an account number entered as a bill reference; so that the utility company knows who paid them.

If you need to have all the payee references be pulled from the bill instead of the contact record then you can remove the reference from the contact field when processing your batch. Moving forward all of…

15. Improve / expand data brought across in Stripe Direct Feed. Description in Stripe is not brought across which means many Stripe transactions in our Xero feed have meaningless references and descriptions e.g.

Reference: ch_3MHilDKRj5Y4ltOC0Sef6SkV
    Description: Subscription creation / Card Country-CA

Instead of the actual product description that is shown in Stripe.

That means we can not create bank rules to rely on description / reference data and need to manually check transactions in Stripe to reconcile revenue to the correct product-based revenue accounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Klarna as a payment option within the Stripe/ Xero integration
    CX0013452500 is the ticket i raised this. Would drive sales for us

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Shane, while we have a selection of specific payment service integrators we don't intend to build and develop integrations with all providers. 

Instead, there is an option to add a payment service with a custom URL which would allow you to set up the payment service with a custom URL provided by your payment service(Klarna) - See more on this here

17. Ability to customise search parameters bespoke to company requirements.
    Current search availability is far too narrow and hindering.
    Presently using FreeAgent to find information to then be able to input in Xero to actually continue working - or having to put all relevant data in reference box. Frustrating!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michelle, do appreciate your feedback however I want to be open that we don't have intentions of enabling a bespoke search for everything in Xero. In order to search a field there is work that needs to be done by our teams to enable this to run across different fields and areas in the product. 

It would be good to understand if there are specific ways, or items that you'd like to search in Xero and how this would help you find or navigate to items when using Xero. 

You'll find there are many ideas that have been started around these sort of things here on the site that you're welcome to add your support too, or you can always start a new one if it's not already been raised. 

18. send invoice reminder for one specific invoice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Shirley, we don't have plans for developing this any time in the near future.

However, in the case of an individual invoice, you can simply send the invoice to the customer again. If you'd prefer to use the wording of your invoice reminder email template - go to Invoice Reminders within your Invoice Settings first to copy & paste the detail. If this is something you'd frequently use, perhaps even set it up as an email template you can use on the fly. 

19. When bringing the current layout over from the Profit and Loss report to the new report. When compare activities is selected on the current report the layout stays the same. When using compare activities on the new report the layout changes/it opens a new report. Please enable the layout to stay the same on the new report when the compare activities function is chosen, as happens at the moment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. when creating an invoice I would like to see the full customer address appear on the invoice and remain visable once the cus name is entered and allow us to edit the address details on the invoice and give us the option to either use this address for this invoice only or update them in the contacts section.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Peter, while not constantly visible you can view and edit the customer address while creating or editing an invoice in Xero atm. 

If you click in the 'To' field you'll find you can view both the Postal and Delivery address for a contact and edit these from within the invoice itself if you choose - More detail on how this works here 

If you'd like more options it sounds like you might be interested in supporting and adding you vote to this idea for multiple addresses which would allow you to enter and hold other instances of addresses for a contact. 

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?