Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

243 results found

1. Hi - it would be great if there was an indication on the Demo company when the data will be reset. We know it is every 28 days but when is the 28 days up. I've lost demo testing in preparation to show a client how Xero can help them.
    Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Our administrator generates our invoices and has Invoice Only Access, we need her to be able to change whether an invoice is paid by GoCardless or not, one of our company owners has to do this at the moment which is an inconvenience, please change so users with Invoice Only Access have the ability to change online payments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Is it possible to permanently remove the help banners that continually appear at the top of screens in Xero?

Ideally, it would be nice to use these (if needed) and then close them off permanently, so they don't reappear every time you work in the file.

They take a significant amount of space at the top of the screen so you actually have to X them out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When a person has more than 5 organizations in their portfolio the 'Change of Organization' drop down list only shows the most recent 5 used. It would be helpful if ALL your organizations showed on screen to choose from. Or of course, having the option to reduce to the 5 normal.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to have multiple online payment options in one Invoice.

Purpose: The receiver of invoices will have more options on how they’re going to pay the invoices.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, just a quick update to let you know the team are currently working on this! We’ll pop back to confirm it’s been delivered in the new year 🌟 

In the meantime three different payment services can be added to an invoice template. These fall under the category credit/debit card, Paypal and bank payments. So you could add Stripe, Paypal and GoCardless to an invoice template branding theme but wouldn’t be able to add both Stripe and Square as these are both debit/credit card options.
    Alternatively multiple invoice templates can be created with different payment services, this would help in some of the scenarios mentioned by a few users in the comments.

6. On the taskbar, it would be useful to have a dropdown option to link through to the last few pages that you have accessed. Maybe the last 10 pages accessed would be good, a mixture of recent searches and recent transactions. I know QBO has this and I use it a lot for navigating.

For example, when I run a P&L and drill down to a specific bill, sometimes I would make an amendment to said bill. When I save and go back it spits me out at the CoA when I want to return to the P&L. So instead…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I cannot attach a credit note file to a new credit note directly from Xero Files which is frustrating, it would be really helpful to have this as an option.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be useful if it were possible to restrict the posting of journal entries to specific users.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Margaret, thanks for raising your idea here.

Just want to add that it's only possible for adviser or standard + reports roles to view, edit or post Manual Journals. 

Does that change your idea here at all?

9. I love the Xero filing cabinet as I can put files in there for the accountant and owner to view. However I have been using this cabinet for over 7 years and would like the ability to archive / consolidate by year.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To be able to lock the bank once reconciled, so no more transactions can be entered or manually forced through the bank

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, due to the lack of an approval option for a quote (which is a different product idea), I will need to provide the quote creator the right to send quotes directly to customer without reviewing (to avoid having another user to have to login, after being notified per email/whatsapp about the draft created, to review the drafted quote and send to client - very inefficient process). Once I provide an user the right to send quotes, they also have the immediate right to send sale invoices although the approval for a invoice is a non-negotiable. It creates the risk…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have clients whose bookkeeper does the payroll and also processes accounts payable/receivable invoices. Currently we can't have submit/draft only invoice access AND payroll access. This means that if they want to do payroll, they also get access to approval of invoices. Can we please create a user role where draft/payroll access is combined?

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Invoice Only : User role - I would like more options assigned to this role. So they can issue payments by cheque. Similar to an accounts payable role. Currently, this user cannot issue cheques, even though Xero states this user can pay bills.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We require more than 10 email templates for our organisation, due to running multiple events and each needing a different message to go out with the Sales Invoice in the email body.

Please Xero can you review this, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to change!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Understand the restriction on the current limits and appreciate your detail in how this'd help you, Kira. Is there an ideal # that'd fit for your business? 

This isn't something we have immediate plans for atm but good to know when sharing your feedback with product. 

For the time being, you'll need to apply a base template and can adjust as needed when sending individual items from Xero. 

15. Invoice only user role that allows you to pick and choose either or both Sales and Purchase orders. quotes and invoices. At the moment you can only have Sales or Purchase IO otherwise you have to make standard user which is not helpful.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As a firm of around 25 accountants, we all may need access to a particular client at any point in time. Currently however, the client is aware of each individual user (i.e. 25 users) rather than an as a practice.

It would be therefore be good if Xero operated like Sage or QBs whereby the client only sees the practice as having access to their data.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great if we could search in the files that are attached in the file library. Sometimes you need to find something that was attached a long time ago or by someone else and if you could enter a keyword search it would save trawling through them page by page.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would be good to have in Spend Money option to insert multiple lines like in Bills & Invoices

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to use Apple Pages to create invoice and quote templates.

We, in common with countless other businesses worldwide use Apple computers, iPads and iPhones, as such we are disadvantaged as we are unable to create templates using any Apple software programs. Please address this for us as soon as possible so that we can make full use of Xero capabilities. This feature would no doubt make Xero more attractive to new Apple based users also.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Changing MFA devices for Xero Verify brings over your accounts but on the Xero Identity Account page, when you attempt to change the device it makes you re-set up the account / code in Xero Verify. Would love to just have a 'change linked device' with a drop down of devices that have Verify attached to the account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?