Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4401 results found

1. It would be really helpful to be able to group bank accounts in a similar way to grouping Contacts. We have multiple currency accounts and base currency accounts as well as credit cards and to be able to group them in different ways would make checking them much easier. Eg group into GBP Current Accounts, Currency Accounts, Cash Currency Accounts, All Cards etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A report is needed that shows invoices with the payment or credit against the invoice. zThis is needed so an analysis report of the customer is available. Please note the attached file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When using debit cards, we get transactions posted into the bank account before a card holder completes their expense claim. Or forgets to!
    From the bank account reconciliation screen, I would like to be able to send a transaction into expenses for the card holder to complete then expense claim process. The transaction should appear in their draft expenses.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I was requesting for "Account Type" and "Source" as options that can be added to "Journal" report.
    Staff replied these options are available in "General Ledger Details" report and "Journal ID" is also available in "General Ledger Details" report now.
    However, the "General Ledger Details" report does not have accounting entries posting date and who was it posted by.
    Please add (1) "Account Type" and "Source" to "Journal" report, or (2) "Posted Date" and "Posted By" to "General Ledger Details" report.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When we create a bilk of invoices we are stuck with Xero trying each time to allocate an existing Credit Note that will possibly never be allocated. How do we disable this annoying function?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please can the ability to calculate attachment of earnings deductions be built into the payroll module?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Similar to other "snapshots" available on the Dashboard, for any VAT registered business it is important to know liabilities at the click of a button. Please can Xero support look into an "add-on" for VAT liability total shown on the dashboard

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everyone, just a quick update on this one, as it was shifted to delivered in error.

Whilst we have refreshed the VAT dashboard widget with a new look, it does not display your current VAT liability - apologies for the confusion.

We’ll be opening this idea back up to votes and feedback from the community.

As the team have confirmed this is one they’re exploring, we’ll pop it in ‘working on it’ for now.

8. Ability to select different mailing lists for 1 customer. This will be useful when you have different projects for the same supplier.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amna, could you explain your idea a little more? Would this be to send bulk comms to multiple contacts from Xero, or something like being able to set different persons on a contacts record to receive different types of transactions or communications? 

9. Xero does not show the correct balance due in expenses if a bill has been part paid

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Businesses need the ability to provide customers with itemized receipts so customers can process their insurance claims/tax deductions etc.
    Xero currently does not allow this - and it is very frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi

Client is wondering whether there is a way to split bills in the cash flow prediction to show half the bill being paid on this day and the remainder on another day. Currently you can tell it that we estimate to pay the bill in full on this day but can't see an option to split the bill.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I pay my staff on a monthly basis, but at the moment timesheet reporting can only be done weekly. Would it be possible to add a filter to be able to look at a custom date range.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I use Xero projects for freelancing and invoicing my clients and I track my time with the time tracker. For that, I need to open Xero or my app which takes time. Freshbooks had a time tracking extension which really worked great and I miss it so much. Is super easy and I can pause/ start the counter with just one click.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'd like to see a chat /conversational interface like ChatGPT where we can ask it questions like

What was our profitability last month?
    Where is our biggest opportunity to cost cut?

If I want to get profit to $*** with the same revenues what areas should I focus on cutting the most?

The goal here is to have conversational chat with Xero to dig through the data that's there and find action items to improve the business finances.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea - Thanks for sharing, Carl. 

Not something we have in the plans atm but we'll begin to get a sense of the interest surrounding this here. 

In the meantime, if you'd like to get a view of insights from your org, you might like to look into Xero Analytics and Analytics Plus with Business Snapshot and Short term cashflows, two dashboards that give insight into your business information. 

15. A feature for businesses to submit their own tax returns would be great. I already prepare and submit my own GST returns via Xero and it's really easy - just the push of a button. A similar feature to enable me to prepare and submit my own tax return, without needing to go through an accountant, would be really good as the technology is now here for us to not need expert advice so much in this area now and this will only increase with the rise of AI.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A tool in Xero to calculate the cost of a shift change for employees using the award that is set up in Xero. This would greatly assist in understanding the financial impact of such a change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I noticed the new invoicing option seems to be not user-friendly as you can't edit the account name there is no option, and the classic is much better. I wonder why that is?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In the Projects | Tasks & expneses, can we please add in the date??
    I understand that the date can be accessed by opening the bill or viewing the bill, but this is very tedious AND if you open the bill, you can't easily find your way back to the particular bill you were looking at (the screen jumps back to the top).
    It is extremely difficult to navigate these expenses when there are hundreds of them attached to the project, so having the bill date here would be SO much more convenient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to add employee’s emergency contacts and export it.

Purpose: Users can have their employee’s emergency contact in case they need to contact them.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  16 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would like to suggest that Xero adds an option for the user to be able to extract activity statements exclusive of any taxes on the invoices listed on the statements.

This would assist calculating the costs of projects less the tax implications, especially for tax vendors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Zolani, is there any reason you'd like this specifically within the customer statement? 

Our Receivable Invoice Detail report may be of help to calculating the costs you're after, instead? 

You can select to include Net, Gross or tax columns in the report so you can see the breakdown when the report is run. If you only need to view for a single contact you'll be able to add a filter where you can select the contact you'd like to run the report for. 

• Don't see your idea?