Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4226 results found

1. Currently you are able to select the tax scale Horticultural/Shearers but there is no default tax rate attached. Apparently if employee falls under this scale you need to select for reporting to ATO which means you have to then manually calculate tax when you do the pays which is not possible if you have multiple employees knowing which employee wants what rate as they all do not use the default. This also leads to errors if not picked up it doesnt calculate automatically. May I suggest that we urgently attention to have the default ATO tax scale rate included with…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Manager Approval for Timesheets - Weekly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Within Products and Services when items are set up that aren't invoiceable costs, and therefore the "Sell" box unticked, when they are allocated as to Projects these items don't show as "Non-Chargeable" costs as they should do, they show as "% Mark-up" costs. Therefore, when going to "Invoice Tasks and Expenses", they appear in the list of potentially invoiceable items.

Therefore, each expense item has to be edited in each individual project and switch it from "% Mark-up" to "Non-Chargeable. Such costs should automatically come through as "Non-Chargeable".

Also, "Find and Recode" feature doesn't recode the Product and Services type…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can we have Super guarantee charge (SGC) statement lodgement trough xero.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Would it be possible to be able to select Quantity on Order as a column option in the Inventory Item Summary report.
    Such feature would greatly enhance the product overview in this report.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great if it were to be possible to apply accounting periods Period 1 , Period 2 etc even if these fall into the calendar months or fall into 4/4/5 week pattern . It would make looking at transaction reports in a pivot far easier , it would avoid having to save data , fix it with additional columns and then review constantly . This would be a game changer . All companies work to months calendar or something else yet Xero doesn't have this functionality which is crucial to analysing data and preparing month end .

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Expenses module: We want the ability to customise the Expenses Claim Reference.

All expenses under the Reference are set as "Expense Claims," which makes it impossible to search specific claims/events or others. Can this not be customised within the expenses Module ?

The recommendation from Xero is to revert to manual expenses, which defeats the objective of paying for the Expenses module. Any chance this can be added or will we need to remove the feature as there is no point paying for something we need to do manually?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the classic invoicing, when I am approving my invoices draft then I click "Approve and view next", it goes in the next invoice subsequent number.

In the new invoicing version, when I click on "Approve and view next", it goes directly to the last invoice number instead of the next one. I have a lot of drafts to approve and it has to be in the right order.

For this reason, I stay with the classing invoicing. I might consider switching back to new invoicing if this issue can be resolve in the future.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We receive an email each month with a link to the invoice, which we can then print to a pdf to download & attach to another email to send to Hubdoc or Xero Bills.
    Many businesses have a 'do not click links' policy.
    Please attach the pdf invoice to the original email to save all your users those extra clicks.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I noticed with the new invoicing structure, that a field for Projects to be allocated in each line item. Can this be done for billing too? It becomes very time-consuming when having to add the projects at the end of a bill. Some of my bills are like 20-25 lines long, and then once I have entered the info, I have to go back to each line via the projects and allocate the project code. It would be so much simpler if the field was added to each line so that it can be allocated at the same time as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We are just starting to use DocuSign for signing of Purchase Orders, invoices & Good Received Notes internally. Previously our Financial Controller just forwarded on the email with attachment to Hubdoc for auto uploading to Xero. However, signed documents with DocuSign are embedded in the body of the email meaning we have to download a document from DocuSign, then send an email to the FC as an attachment. It would be awesome if Hubdoc was compatible with DocuSign so that we could automatically send signed documents straight to our Hubdoc account!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Watchlist - Ability to toggle off MTD and/or YTD.

When using Gusto payroll the Xero Book balance for the checking account is not affected until the checks are cashed. I have added the Clearing account to the Watchlist but the MTD number is of no value. The YTD balance shows all checks still outstanding. Users can then manually deduct from book balance to know what's really available. So I'd like the ability to show/no show MTD and YTD by options to turn each on or off in the watchlist dialogute for each chart of account item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow to custom a report to get the Tax Components information for UK organization.
    It is now only for US business (Sales Tax summary report).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Unfortunately, directly allowing your subcontractor to fill in an invoice within Xero itself isn't a built-in feature. Unlike QuickBooks Plus and Advanced plans, Xero currently doesn't offer a true collaboration functionality for directly editing invoices with external users like subcontractors. Quickbooks allows you to invite your subcontractor as a "vendor" with limited access to their specific invoice. Subcontractor cannot directly edit the invoice within QuickBooks. You can send them a pre-filled invoice for review and confirmation before finalizing it on your end.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The Accounts payable/receivable Report is incorrect if the contact name has changed. As described to me by a Xero support technician:

If you edit a contact on an invoice, credit note, prepayment or overpayment that has a payment applied to it, it may affect the balance of the customers Activity Statement. This is because the transaction and corresponding payment are no longer associated to the same contact.

For example, if you create an invoice for Customer A then apply a credit note to that invoice, the Activity Statement for Customer A will show the net balance of the invoice amount…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A Referral and Affiliate program would be great. I love Xero and recommend it to other business owners.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Set the default time method for timesheets.

Allow the payroll admin to set the default method for all employees to capture the timesheet details. EG set all employees to use only the time in and time out method not the hours method.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The "Explorer" tab in the employee expenses section needs an option to set the date range.
    At the moment it is pretty useless as I cant even see what date range it covers - presumably back to when we started using expenses mid way through the year 3 years ago?
    It is not meaningful to compare spend by different employees, if I cant do it by month or quarter, when some employees have been using expenses for much longer than others.
    An option to compare by employee for selected accounts, and to export to pdf/xls would also be really useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. One custom template layout that could be transferred over all reports. We have multiple nominal codes for income and expenditure which means a lot of work to set up a new custom report. I currently have to export into excel which can cause errors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We use the search facility when trying to locate a previous invoice from a customer but the search doesn't show a summary of the items ordered (the "description" column) so could you perhaps add the "description" column listing into the search results when the down arrow is pressed that currently only shows the date and payment total. We find we need to go through so many invoices just to find the one which has a certain "product" customer ordered.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?