Navigation - Freeze bar at the top of the page to save scrolling
Can the main pull down bar (Dashboard, Business, Accounting, Projects, Contacts) be fixed at the top of the page? When viewing a screen that has 100 or more lines, it would be a lot more convenient to have immediate access to this than having to scroll all the way back up.
-
Screenshot%202026-06-01%20132219.png 15 KB -
Freeze%20top%20row.png 24 KB -
Screenshot%202026-01-14%20102726.png 48 KB -
photo2.png 168 KB -
photo1.png 151 KB -
Screenshot%202025-10-16%20140059.png 4 KB -
Screenshot%202025-08-06%20120523.png 119 KB -
Xero ribbon 2024-11-22.jpg 74 KB -
Xero Ideas.pdf 188 KB -
Screenshot 2024-05-21 091159.png 7 KB -
Blue banner heading fix.doc 252 KB -
Blue banner heading fix.pdf 173 KB -
Xero headings.jpg 20 KB
Hi team, we appreciate all the feedback this idea has received over time. With our reimagined navigation this is something our product teams considered closely, however there is a bit of work involved to achieve what's being asked and we want to be open it's not in the roadmap right now. However, we're keeping a pulse on the feedback here and will be sure to share if there's any progress. Thanks
-
Adrian Morisi
commented
Hey Warren great workaround, do you have an Edge version by chance?
-
Mark Devaney
commented
"there is a bit of work involved to achieve what's being asked" but this simple Chrome extension works brilliantly. I have left a review, thank you for your work on this Warren! It really does make life so much easier. Why can't Xero actually listen to the users and put some effort into making their product (which is really good) more user friendly? Thanks Warren.
-
Donna Stuart
commented
Warren, you are simply wonderful! Thank you so much for this. Appreciated.
-
Adam Gvozdenovic
commented
Hey Warren, would this be easy to implement for Safari on Mac?
-
Brett Edmonds
commented
Warren, you are a legend. It might seem like a small thing in the grand scheme of things but it really is a big thing overall as it is an absolute time saver. Look forward to the same thing on XPM/XPH. Xero should have done this years ago.
-
Olga O'Keefe
commented
I just installed it, Warren. Thank you very much!
-
Jacinta Bartell
commented
Thank you Warren!! I love it! Is there any way to get the same feature in XPM?
-
Warren Gates
commented
I've created an extension for Xero that solves this issue, along with a few other requested features. It's available for both Firefox and Chrome. It's free to use and does not collect any data.
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ui-tweaks-for-xero/
Chrom: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/ui-tweaks-for-xero/ncbafedbfefhklegebkijmgohiecojmo
-
Andrew G
commented
I've been working on adding it into my custom CSS for the site - and I have to agree - there's a bunch of stuff which is quick/easy/simple to implement, but they are choosing not to - and furthermore, also choosing to not implement user preferences that would allow us to decide whether we wanted it fixed or not.
I've debugged their React code, and their CSS to make the site work for me, and I have to say, the choices to not implement a specific feature we're asking for here (and also with the fixed/maximum no. of columns on the new dashboard) is just down to desire - the code would be simple to implement (I've looked) and would add a huge amount of value.
Sadly, the days of Xero are numbered for me - I've already stopped recommending them due to my lack of faith in their product management, and am currently investigating alternatives. It doesn't help that I'm going to be slapped with a 20% increase in their monthly cost come September... and for what... everything they're focussed on, isn't helping me.
But I'm sure their CEO on a multi-million dollar salary cares little, they're probably more focussed on the tanking share price. Right now I feel like we're being treated as a cash cow - charge more, deliver less.
-
Mike Mori
commented
Hi Kelly, I have been using Xero since December 2007 and was very active on the community site, so that is coming up for 20 years soon.
About 12 years ago, when Xero announced you had employed the 1,000 th engineer, I asked that a small team of engineers duplicate the navigation bar that appears at the bottom of the bank transaction screen, and place it at the top, making it easy to change pages. If you display 200 transactions per page and use Page Up or Page Down (Home and End buttons no longer work), you have to click 12 times to reach the top or bottom of the page.
Unfortunately, your response is a copy and paste of the response I received 12 years ago.
If anyone wanted to fix it but was too lazy to try, they could ask Claude to write the code and tell them where to put it. Sorry, there is no excuse for not doing anything nowadays, don't you agree?
The Reimagined navigation is fine and well, but you still have to scroll all the way to the top of the page to find the "Create new" button. So only half the job is done.
If Patrick **** can create a solution to fix the half-completed job for the Create now button, why does Xero not employ him to do the rest of the tasks that Xero does not have the time, human resources, or will to do?
More boring details in the attachment.
Well done, Patrick. I am using the extension, and it works fine.
-
Patrick Dong
commented
I have created a chrome extension for this, which creates a button that alway shows on the screen, so that I can search Xero items and click to go. Below is the link if anyone would like a try, and it is free to use.
https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/xero-navigation/nimnmopdaaicppnngkapackhkfpjhgna
However, I hope Xero can create something similar so I can do it without the extension and also access to more items that the extension can not reach.
-
JD Carr
commented
I think it would be functional to be able to pin the blue Xero ribbon (or taskbar) on top of your screen. At the moment I have to scroll to the top to view it and navigate to bills, invoices, etc. and it would be nice to have the option to pin it.
-
Tarun Kanani
commented
Is it possible to freeze the main blue menu bar when we scroll down. So that when I need move to other options or search something, we dont need to go back up all the way to top to find all menus.
-
Lisa Cullen
commented
It would be fantastic if across Xero (not just the Homepage) the top menu bar was sticky, so it stayed at the top of the screen as you scrolled.
-
Vince Fukes
commented
Freeze the top part of the screen so the contact and other details including banners and headers remain visible at all times. Then when scrolling only the line data scrolls.
Put the Totals at the top in the non-scrolling section also
-
Vince Fukes
commented
Have both the blue and White banners at the top of the page remain visible as we scroll down.
Repeat this across all pages within Xero.
-
Vince Fukes
commented
To keep the header ( blue line ) and the white menu bar at the top of screen locked so always visible when scrolling through data.
-
Christopher Williamson
commented
why can't we have a "sticky" header on the home page - it would remove the bother of having scroll up to the header every time you want to do something different on the site - if Temu can do it, why can't Xero?
-
Sally Christie
commented
Freezing the main blue bar so it stays at the top of the page when you scroll down, like the navigation bar within client profiles, would help navigation.
-
Sue Higgs
commented
Our finance team manages the books for 3 different companies, but all three companies have common suppliers/customers. Is there a way to "freeze" the title bar (which shows which company you are working in), as often when we need to scroll down on a screen, we lose track of which company we are working in, and end up capturing Bills in the incorrect company.