Reports - Ability to separate Account number and Account Name in different columns on Exported Reports
When exporting P&L or BS Reports into excel can the GL account number & description be separated into 2 separate columns - currently it exports as one field/column and needs a formula to separate the 2. This should be a standard feature ...surely
Hi Lisa thanks for sharing your idea, and letting us know the changes that matter most for you. We've reviewed your idea and now it is up to the community to get behind it and support it. You can share this idea with your colleagues and peers who may also find this functionality useful. In the meantime, we'll monitor this idea for traction.
-
Kristen Saunders
commented
I'd like to have the above, plus supplier and description separated in reports also. I run a general ledger report at the end of each month and i have to export to excel, run formulas to separate the supplier & description, run formulas to separate the PO and Invoice number in the reference field (because there are no separate fields for those) so I can re post the data into our main asset register to calculate depreciation. (and i can't use Xeros asset register because we have thousands and its limited to 800 or something)
I also run end of month gl reports for prepayments and again have to spent time manually isolating all the fields to paste into an excel calculation and tracking sheet... so time consuming, when I could just copy paste, instead I have to forumlate and edit and prep first!
Xero makes you perform a whole lot of extra steps for data that is already separated but for some reason it gets combined ! I don't even understand why its like this - I haven't seen it in other accounting software.
We definitely need more control and flexibilty with regard to reporting.