Adding Paid Date as a Filter option on Supplier/Payable invoice Reports
I am struggling to report to our suppliers about payments we've made because the remittance advices are completely uneditable. I frequently pay our suppliers in batches and in multiple currencies, but the native remittance template doesn't capture everything our supplier needs to know in order to match what we've paid to what bills they've issued.
Main goal: suppliers need the description and amounts and G/HST from the bills themselves.
I can't get this from the remittance advice which only shows the total paid and the reference number. I have already upvoted the other product idea about getting docx customization for remittance fields but Xero doesn't seem to be actually moving that forward in development.
I can't get this from the reports either, because you only allow date ranges to search created date, planned date, bill date, or due date. I need paid date otherwise the report just grabs a whole bunch of stuff that wasn't relevant to the payment I'm trying to summarize.
Really the best solution is to fix your remittance templates so that they can roll up info from the paid bills themselves. But it's probably easier in terms of dev complexity, to just add paid date as a filter on your reports. Pretty please.
Hi 👋 your idea is being looked into by our Community team. We'll be in touch soon to update you once your idea has been reviewed.
Did you know you can join our Xero Research panel to be involved in early testing and research? Find out more and sign up through our website 🙂