Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4589 results found

1. When an expense claim is created via Xerome a 'spend money' transaction is created instead of a bill which means that if there is more than 1 payment against this claim I cannot opt to split the transaction when reconciling the payments. There needs to either be an option to split or the expense should create a bill rather than a 'spend money' to enable easier reconcilliation

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be good if we could do the gst on the mobile app instead of having to log into the desktop site.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Troy, when you say do the GST are there any specific actions that you'd find most handy to be able to do from the app? E.g publish or export a return, file GST with IR, edit GST Details 

While we don't have any plans for this atm, it'd be good to get more detail to be able to share back with our team on this. 

3. New Invoicing - Description Box Defined

It would be great if the new invoice description field had a defined box around it like the rest of the row does. The old invoice does and it looks cleaner. I find myself second guessing if those descriptions are in the correct place because it looks like they all run together.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for confirming, Nicki. I can confirm I've shared this back with the team. We are looking at further improvements to the invoicing grid, so I'll let you know here if  there's any news for this.

1. Xero should create a report for unused/no income Tracking Categoris side by side wih used/income Tracking categories.

2. When clients pay in bulk for random invoices then in Activity Statement it shows each payment as per the invoice amount. Xero should add a feature that it shows the total amunt paid in Activity statement rather then separate payments because our clients gets confused.

3. Xero should add a feature where we can edit or delete approve invoices in bulk rather then doing each invoice separately.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please can we amend the sorting of Balance sheet Fixed asset codes from alphabetically as a default. The default should be that depreciation line should follow the item cost line so it is easier to read.

I know it is possible to amend the names of the codes or edit the layout but this is time consuming to do and it would just make sense to have it as a default.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatically add expense receipts associated with an Expense Claim to a Project that converts to an Invoice within a Project. Currently, the Expense Claim description is the only info added automatically to a Project when the claim is associated with the Project. Ideally, we need the receipts associated with those Expense Claims also added automatically from the library to the Project without having to search in a long list of library receipts for a match when creating a customer Invoice for expense reimbursement. When we have 100+ receipts at any given time in the library, then we have to search…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Analytics Plus - Predictions do not filter based on bank account selection

When you have multiple bank accounts but only need one selected for cash flow purposes, the monthly predictions that xero has created do not filter out based on the bank account they were predicted from.

In my example I now have petty cash predictions and interest income from a savings account showing when only the main current account is selected, this messes with the predicted end balance making the cash totally useless

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Since the latest Payroll update there seems to be no functionality in Xero to change how the name of the Employee Summary report appears when saved. There are too many _ between words, for example: JoeBloggsPtyLtd-PayrollEmployee_Summary 4 June 2024.

So frustrating. Bring back the old style PDF format.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please could Xero automatically generate an invoice for the total amount of PAYE, NI, student loan from Payroll, and a separate invoice for CIS due to HMRC every month, coded to the correct "payable" accounts, which can then be reconciled with the single payment we make to HMRC?
    It would be a real help not to have to sort out manually how much of each combined monthly payment should be assigned to each of at least 4 payable account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I want to be able to create a new leave policy but there is currently no functionality for this. The existing leave policies are limited and do not allow for leave to be loaded from a specific date, only the start anniversary or 1st Jan, or to be accrued gradually. I have some clients who set their leave from the first date of their financial year eg. 1st May each year. It would be useful to either have this leave policy loaded by Xero for provide the ability to create new leave policies.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi Xero Team,

We would like to request some modification on the project summary report.

Kindly find the attachment for your reference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When approving timesheets it would be ideal to have separate lines underneath Ordinary Hours with Leave requested, on which days and hour amounts and to be able to approve there instead of having to go to a different screen.

Can be hard to double check and remember correct days the leave was taken and also to ensure daily and weekly hours are met.

*Simple layout idea attached

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to create custom formulas in reporting, specifically to be able to (+) some accounts and (-) others. Support referred to this as custom complex formulas, but it is a simple formula. We just need to be able to customize them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ON THE BANK REC IT SHOULD BE SET TO DEFAULT AS OVERPAYMENT TO SAVE TIME

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As an organisation we want to sign up to cyber essentials. It will reduce our insurance liabilities as well as provide us with greater digital security. Currently Xero does not mandate the use of MFA authentication. I would like it to. Primarily for active users but ultimately for staff accessing payslips only as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I currently pay for the Standard Plan (15/month) plus Payroll (5/month) and use it for 2 payroll users.

Under the newly unveiled pricing plans my business has been completely shafted.

In order to use Payroll at all, I need to upgrade to the new Grow plan (33/month), already an increase of 13/month. But on top of that, that isn't even enough because you're restricted this plan to only 1 payroll user. So actually I have to jump all the way to the second from top plan which is the Comprehensive at 47/month.

This is a complete joke.

This shift in…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to be able to go straight to Dashboard please!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The 'Product Ideas' page is blocking me from using Xero. Please get rid of it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jim, sorry to hear the trouble Product Ideas is causing you. I'd like to look into this for you. Can you give more detail of where or how product ideas is blocking you off when trying to get to Xero/ If you have any screenshots this would help greatly in being able to investigate it. 

18. The data we see in our feed on Xero that's pulled from our Stripe account includes the two-letter card country code for the customer's payment card for all our subscription payments received or refunded via Stripe.

However, for the payments we receive from Stripe called 'Application fees' (this is when we take a percentage fee of a Stripe payment) the card country code is not included, even though this data exists on Stripe.

This means we can easily track the location of revenue for subscriptions, but for the received payments for application fees, we have to look this up manually…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am trying to find an app to help with cash flow forecasting. Xero could not have made it harder to compare. Why does the app overview page not say anything about the cost of the app? It only says free trial is available, however, I want to see what the ongoing cost is, before I even consider giving it a go. With Xero increasing costs so often and by an outrageous percentage, I find the lack of transparency of connected apps cost rather disingenuous. Xero needs to make it easier to not just search but also to compare features…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate for many small businesses having more information about connected apps pricing is important when making and choosing solutions for your business.

While this isn't currently available, it's something our team are looking into surfacing through the Xero App store.

There's a bit of work to go into it, but we'll keep you updated of any progress for this here. 😊

• Don't see your idea?