Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4591 results found

1. Inventory - have a column on the main products/services page that shows when the last price update was made so able to know if the latest price is shown. Would feed from the individual product/service item. Would be super helpful to know for tradespeople so they know they are charging the items at the latest price.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We use Xero Me to upload expenses incurred by our employees.

When we "Select Customer or Project" (if projects enabled), all contacts are shown, not just "Customers" which can be a long list when you have customers and suppliers with similar names.

Can the list be restricted to just customers?

Thanks,
    Nev

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fixed asset register - We used to be able to add fixed assets in the middle of a financial year and enter an accum dep to date value within the entry of the draft assets themselves. Now we are restricted to the beginning of a financial year. This is a backward step. Why has the extra functionality been removed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Restricted to entering 9 digits before the decimal place in estimated expense unit price/total fields.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I need to prepare a ct600 tax return for an unincorporated association.
    As it has no company number and XERO corp tax doesn't let you go past Go without a company number it is not possible to do this and I'm back to paper filing.
    Please can this be addressed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We need a way to flag a transaction, either a sales, bill or account transaction that can then be pulled into a report for review before finalising BAS's etc.

Whether that be a spend money that you are awaiting a Tax Invoice for, a bill that is in dispute, or a sales that need follow up.

Could it be in the Bank Reconciliation menu where you can then pull the "discuss" notes into a report and the query notes could be there?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Workers Comp pay item leave accrual idea.

There is an option to "Accrue Leave for this Earnings Rate" when setting up the WC pay item.

What would be good is the option to accrue for AL or PL separately as this alters according to state law eg in WA, AL is accrued but not PL on WC payments.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi team,
    currently customer addresses can be verified / updated in xero by entering street-address.
    Can this be augmented by autocompleting the region/state field alike.
    Ideally this should show the 3letter ISO code, so that any reports
    can be summarized by sales region lateron.
    Otherwise this field needs to be added manually ...

thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think it would be useful to update the 'Tracking Summary report' and make it possible to open it by month

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm the accountant for a joint venture, we have a Xero file for the Joint Venture, and then another bookkeeping file for one of the participating corporations. There are an assortment of Due to/from transactions for the company and it creates a lot of double entry for me as I must record every transaction in both Xero files manually - it would be ideal if the files could be linked and the transactions made in one file auto generate in the other file.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When you view a contact, and are on the activity view page, it would be great if the each line said what account the activity has been posted against. This way you could see all accounts impacted at once, and not have to click on each individual line item to see what account it is impacting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We often change email, name, address and recipients for the contacts we have in Xero. We always send an email from outlook to confirm, it would be REALLY useful if we could send an email from Contacts in Xero to confirm new contact details. Dear Customer, thank you for advising us your new contact details, this is what we have in our system now.. please check and come back to us if you would like to make further changes.. etc something like that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Notifications bell alerts for new Expenses to review, however clicking on the notification only brings up the same message as a popup. The popup does nothing but display the same text.

It would be great if the notifications actually provided a link to take you to the Expense that needs reviewing, rather than having to navigate through the menu system to find Expenses to Review.

Screenshots provided of current notifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Business dropdown menu

1. ‘Bills to pay’ link goes to ‘Purchases overview > All’, showing all Paid and Unpaid.
      This should go to Purchases overview > Awaiting payment’? The way it is now doesn’t seem logical, when we’ve clearly selected ‘Bills to pay’ not ‘Purchases overview’ or ‘See all’

2. Menu option to Invoices ‘Awaiting Payment’ going directly to all outstanding invoices?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am a New Zealand sole trader and contractor for a company. I submit a timesheet, and they generate a IRD approved Buyer Created Invoice. They send me my payment with GST added, and witholding tax deducted.

There is no accurate way to extract the witholding tax from the final amount deposited to my account.

There is a hacky way, detailed here:

https://www.laurenson.co.nz/2017/09/accounting-for-the-tax-withheld/

But because Xero doesn't hold a high enough number of decimal places in the percentage field, the amounts are inaccurate by some cents each time. Which over the course of a year increases to a reasonable error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add an ability to be able to select a number of transactions to reconcile at once.
    When reconciling a bank account there are transactions like transfer/receive/spend money that get processed and then listed as unreconciled in the Account Transactions,

These transactions do not appear in cash coding. There should be an ability to tick the tick box and then select reconcile (similiar function if you wanted to remove and redo). I attached a screenshot

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Janeen, just to confirm when you say you'd like to reconcile these transactions all at once - are there statement lines that match these transactions in the Reconcile tab? If not, it sounds like 'Enabling mark as reconciled' would do the trick for you here. Similar to what I've suggested on this idea

17. Cheque payments should have the cheque number visible for matching in the bank feed. In the past, Xero cheque numbers were displayed with the payment informatio "suggested match" column of bank recs.

When you have 5+ outstanding cheques for the same amount, it was easy to verify that you were matching the correct one because you could see the cheque number on the bank feed as well as the payment. Now you have to drill down into "find match" and actually open the payment to verify. Very cumbersome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Projects - Make the entire Projects experience better. Today is May 17th 2024, there are currently 300+ ideas, suggestions, and requests here related to Projects, few of which have even been responded to by Xero. It seems clear that Projects is the red-headed step-child of the Xero platform, always the last to the table when the development team starts talking about updates.

For those of us who run project-based businesses, the features requested on these pages are CRITICAL to our ability to understand how our business is doing. I'm calling on Xero to put more energy into building out Projects…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When processing an invoice for payment - request someone to pay option - an email is sent to my boss for her to authorise the payment and I receive the below message :

You have requested someone to review and pay a bill payment batch Xero business: (Business name)

Hi

A request has been sent to the following users in your organisation to review the payment details and pay

However, when my boss has done this, I do not receive any further notifications. It would be helpful if another notification could be sent once approved / paid otherwise there is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be great to have the following available on the Mobile App:
    1. Send Customer Statements
    2. Convert a Quote to a Draft Invoice.