Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4593 results found

1. When processing an invoice for payment - request someone to pay option - an email is sent to my boss for her to authorise the payment and I receive the below message :

You have requested someone to review and pay a bill payment batch Xero business: (Business name)

Hi

A request has been sent to the following users in your organisation to review the payment details and pay

However, when my boss has done this, I do not receive any further notifications. It would be helpful if another notification could be sent once approved / paid otherwise there is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great to have the following available on the Mobile App:
    1. Send Customer Statements
    2. Convert a Quote to a Draft Invoice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Since Xero does not allow integrations to post JE to the bank feed, but instead works around this by using bills. It would be a lot more seamless especially in the case of payroll (Gusto) to have Xero automatically match the 2 transactions to the bill.

Seems silly in this day and age when the 2 transactions automatically match the bill total we need to do this manually, then split the bill, refresh the page, and then match the remaining balance.

Using other accounting software that uses JE this is a clunky process that could be made a lot better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. NZ Payroll. Contractors invoicing us on piece of work basis, we need to deduct WT and to do Payday filing with IRD. In Xero Payroll, can Xero split "Contractors" from "Employees" clearly in all reports (I see many others have asked for that already) and add a "bill feature" to Contractors in Xero Payroll similar to that we use in Xero Payables so we can copy/edit them in future? This will enable saving contractor's bills in each pay run and use bill layout document vs timesheet. Otherwise, if contractors bills that include WT are processed in Xero Payables, can Xero…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to not send out automatic overdue invoices IF there is a larger credit on the account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. While in the reconcile screen, when I type in who and it pulls up my contact, I would like it to automatically default to the gl acct that I already have on the Contact card. I have to click on details then go to the gl box click on it to see what the gl acct is. Sometimes lets say Costco it could either by Office Supplies or Auto Expense(gas). So when I type up the Costco contact I would like to see what gl acct it is going to and if I need to change it to Auto Expense…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When adding a new contact while in the bank feeds screen, you can add a new contact name but cannot give it the gl acct number or enter the address etc. You have to go back to contacts pull up new contact and then enter all info. Please add a feature to add all the info at the moment you set up the new contact name.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For businesses that have more than 1 Organisation on Xero, can we have a button on most pages which allows us to go straight to the same page in another Organisation without having to go to Change Organisation in top left corner then go through all the pages to get to the same page in the next Organisation.
    For example, if Im looking at unpaid invoices or draft bills in one Organisation, can we have a button with a drop down list of our other Organisations which we click on to go straight to the same unpaid invoices or draft…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have two codes - one for rental income & one for rental expenses.
    When reconciling bank transactions to these codes, have the ability to allocate them to a property.
    Have a feature where you can view the outstanding transactions for each property and select the transactions to go on the statement to the client for that month.
    Auto generate the management fee for the month based on pre-selected criteria for that property - either % or fixed amount.
    Auto generate a bill from this statement for the money that needs to be paid to the landlord.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In the 'Accounts Transactions' report:

• In the Filter, under the 'Account type' could all of the sub account types that are visible when creating an account be added to the filter?

• For instance sometimes I want to send a report of just the cost of sales accounts to a client.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When in the product page it would be very helpful to have a button to either raise a purchase order or quotation and have it filled out with the details that you have in the product page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The recently added filter functionality on bank reconciliation was not what I was hoping for. Rather than filtering bank statement lines I want to be able to filter the transactions that I’m matching to it, by date.

When reconciling POS device daily receipts I can already filter for transactions with the right description but then I have to tick every transaction for the corresponding day. Then repeat for every day. If I could filter on date I could “select all” and match much more quickly. It’s currently extremely tedious!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please show assigned account and GST status on reconciled account transactions tab under Accounts.

Reconciled account transactions do not show assigned account or GST status in the Account Transactions for an account. I really really need to see that. I spend 50% of my time in Xero determining and checking assigned account and GST status.

I know I can run a report, but that is very time consuming, and I can't change it easily from there.

Assigned account or GST status is so basic for any transaction, it needs to be immediately displayed everywhere there is a reconciled transaction displayed.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please in the Interests of response times, can you make the Reconciliation page size VARIABLE ?
    With 50 LInes per page the screen response time is TOO SLOW, especially with a filter applied.

Less lines shown per page would make the screen faster.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Payroll journal when posted to Xero should not be open to be edited by any staff but limited to senior access or a double approval process. I find that junior staff can and have edited journals coming in from Simple pay on Xero which we only pick up at year end when doing a salaries recon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Having developed and managed both hardware and software development products for many years, Xero has the best product support I have seen.

They are all very knowledgeable of the Xero product and the customers that continually moan at the short comings of a very poorly designed product.

My advice, is to utilise the product support team to write the customer requirement specifications of the Xero product, using the Product Idea portal and the "competition" as the starting point of Xero 2.0. Then the development team can write the software and then let the product support team alongside Xero customers "test"…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Being new to the business, new to finance and bookkeeping and even newer to Xero we are starting from scratch with our "Chart of Accounts". As we grow and want to create sub accounts for clearer reporting - having to manually 'add account' each time, and reselecting all the appropriate account settings is very time consuming, especially for a novice like me. Being able to right click and choose to duplicate an existing account and then be prompted to rename/renumber it would be so much quicker.

My work around is currently to open up the existing account - take a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like if xero could include and show statutory days in employees overall leave balance.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want to assign the customer to repeating invoices like software subscriptions that we pay for our clients. I have those bills in as repeating invoices but I have to assign the customer to them every month. It would be nice to be able to assign the customer on the repeating invoice and save that time each month.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Very recent change to the Payroll Activity Details report, now Units capped at two decimal places, changed within the last fortnight.
    This needs to revert to four decimal places, as that is what is allowed when entering your payroll. Why has this been changed as now, the Payroll Activity report is the only available report to use to check a payroll, is no longer of any use as it does not reflect the correct data entry.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?