Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4188 results found

1. I create new contacts all the time, often while creating an invoice. I usually only have a few details on hand to start creating the contact (name, email, phone number). So I flick between windows, copying from one and pasting into Xero's "create new customer" dialogue right there on the invoice edit screen.

It's the phone number I have the most trouble with. If there are any space characters in the (usually mobile) phone number I have copied - and there pretty much always are spaces when copying from an email or whatever - then nothing will paste into the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Invoice reminders do not work when generating invoices in a third party app that pushes the invoices across to Xero.

This is unhelpful when the integration is otherwise seamless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The mobile app’s new transaction notifications are Bank dependent. Why? You have to write code for every individual bank in the world just so the app will notify a user that a new transaction needs to be reconciled? Rewrite the code so this works automatically for everyone. It’s crazy the way you have it now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would like to be able to have adjustable columns on an invoice that I can change what they fill with. Right now an Invoice only has Item as a field. I would like to be able to change from Item to Account. That way I can have one payer and list several clients in the invoice without typing them all in. For instance, if a field was labeled Client Account # or something then I could set up the list with my clients or pull them up from contacts, and just select the clients account number, it would prefill a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Laura, hen you say you'd have one payer - would this be a customer or someone internal in your organisation? 

It still sounds like untracked inventory could work here - for example each 'client' would be set up as an  untracked item, you could select clients using the Item column of the invoice and this would auto populate pre saved data such as the account number which could be referenced in the description column, and monthly service for the account. 

5. Hi all, I wish to have to have the pictures and files attached to each of my products being automatically included when these items are selecting when quoting and invoicing. This will save me a lot of time and appear more informative which clients are attracted by.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would like to add add decimals (up to 4) in the bank rule feature for the tax rates (otherwise I need to manually change all the amount of my reconciliations which is time consuming).

For instance at the moment we can input 102.15% but not 102.1451% which is what I would like to have.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As a small business it is hard when employees take time off when sick especially with 10 days now. We have an incentive in our contract to either roll these over or cash them up however this is not available through Xero.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Auto-check of an invoice amount and compare it to the customer's maximum ever invoice amount. To avoid a typo eg entered £7000 instead of £700.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the interest in the idea here. As noted in my last update Contact Credit Limits might help some situations but we appreciate may not suit all needs. We don't have any direct change planned for this feature atm, but we'll continue to monitor the interest around this and share if there's any progress with you all, here. 

9. Small emerging creatives in the performing arts fields, such as bands and musicians, currently are unable to afford accounting software such as Xero, and as a result, often struggle with managing their finances effectively. Especially given the devastating impact of COVID-19, I feel it would be incredibly useful to provide a Xero subscription discount to eligible small and micro businesses, such as the one currently offered to Football Clubs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi there,

I am using payroll manager currently for all my client payroll services, and xero does not provide reports like HMRC monthly payment, P32, I can see it but can not download it to send to my client for payment. Also no employee wage report whereby my client see all deductions/additions and pay net wage to all staffs.

Please check this software https://moneysoft.co.uk/payroll-manager-overview/ this is far best software so far and probably all accounting practices are using it because its user friendly and provide too comprehensive report to clients and employer

Please improve your xero payroll like this payroll…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. My role as a user is to load my credit card receipts into Purchases/Add Bill. On the template screen I would like to be able to have a "favorite's list" when selecting the "Categorise to an account". Also, all my expenses are to the same Department so it would be great if I could set a default, same with "Select tax rate". Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It appears that in the last two weeks (submitted 23/2/2022) Xero rolled out a change to payroll, which possibly has some unforeseen implications.

It used to be that if you were only paying a small number of employees at one time, you could use the summary screen (capture attached) to copy and paste the net pay figure for each employee to your online banking portal to effect the actual payment(rather than exporting to a file, and then importing the file to the online banking which is a little clunky for small number of employees - there doesn't exist the same…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Reports Projects Filter Staff:

When filtering Project time reports by staff, is it possible to show only currently active (valid) users rather than any and every user ever associated with the account for all time? Can the list be alphabetized?

Currently the list includes every user that ever existed including every instance of when Xero Support was invited (via a support ticket) as well as staff removed from the practice. Furthermore, it is in a random order.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To add Sort and Filter into Quotes & Invoices and Task & expenses inside a Project, so we can filter by Price/Status/Draft/Awaiting payment/Paid or sort we we want it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In the mobile app, please make decimals optional. Decimals take up space and cause large numbers to wrap on the screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I was recently asked by a client how create a formatted PDF list of their contacts in Xero with addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses etc.

They had been asked for this by their factoring provider.

I know they can select all contacts and use the option at the top of the screen to export, but that creates a csv file which obviously doesn't have any formatting and runs the risk of it being opened in Excel which then messes up phone numbers etc (we are in the UK where phone numbers start 0 and Excel 'helpfully' removes this when opening…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the extra detail, Ross and apologies I never rounded back on this here. While we also don't have plans for creating a report that includes all the detail from a contacts record atm I've slightly adjusted the title of your idea here and we'll continue to track interest in this here. If any plans are made down the line I'll be sure to let you know on the idea here.

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be good if you did not have to enter the decimal place when entering dollar amounts. Just saves 1 extra key stroke but that adds up to a lot of keystrokes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can a way be setup to do Invoicing for Drop-Ship items where we do not need to add inventory, but it is automatically calculated when invoiced to Track how many drop-shipments are being sent in a month and track the difference between the vendor price and customer price. Having to manually add to inventory is a lot of work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?