Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4145 results found

1. In MYOB it is possible to record transactions as GST Not Registered (GNR). This reports it and enables proper accounting of GST obligations when dealing with small suppliers that are not registered for GST. I can see why many companies don't like to deal with such suppliers ! I was hoping there was such a method in Xero

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The ISO 3166 country name for "United Kingdom" is "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the)", which is 58 characters. We are currently unable to use this name for our contacts as Xero throws an error (both in the UI and API).

Please consider increasing the country name maximum length to at least 60 characters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. To be able to preset number items shown on page in customer invoice report.
    So you don't need to scroll down each time you enter tab to see totals.
    Or
    Be able to set totals at top of page as well or instead of bottom.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I receive bills into xero from some suppliers. The suppliers don't know how to represent the bill for our use so it would be good if we could create a rule to apply to a bill so it can be coded correctly. This is most obvious when receiving invoices from a company that we have an account with. They might code the item as 1 item at $xx, whereas we want to code it as yy items @ $dd and I want to associate an item with the expense. I see this all the time with my Ampol fuel account.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stephen, appreciate there maybe differences between how you may code something to how a client/contact you trade with. 

From the sounds, Contact and Inventory items defaults maybe suitable and enable you to enter the default account and tax that should be applied to items or used when dealing with specific contacts. 

We'll track the interest in rules for bills here but being quite a change to the way Bank Rec works at present we don't have direct plans for this. 

5. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease can we edit this list.?!

Would save me typing everything on the tiny phone keyboard for every receipt. And correcting the errors that come with it.

Surely this would be an easy win as the words don't have to be associated with any particular account, etc? (Although that would be an amazing addition, eg I select "Fuel" from the drop down list and it automatically fills in the account I've specified for it, eg "076 - Van Fuel"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Some employees have payment information (bank account), and others do not at a client account. The client does not use the bank account information for the payment to employees, then, this information is not compulsory for the client at the moment.
    I found a wrong information of the payment bank account information of an employee and tried to delete it, however, Xero says:
    The account name is required, and
    The account number is required, then,
    It is not possible to save 'nil' information.

The Company does not use 'payment information' in the actual payment process and there is no practical…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There is not possibility to use prepaid cards (e.g. SOLDO) when paying for subscriptions in GLOBAL regions. It was possible in the past. Please allow this feature again, as we see no reason for omitting this payment option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have a prompt in the users section that prompts you to go to the employees file to add the user permissions for Xero me for employees. It is really easy to go to users and add the employee as a user from the user section rather then the employees card file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After making a new invoice from Projects in progress, can the screen return to the list of Projects in progress

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Procuret is an essential B2B platform for customers to pay invoices in instalments. Integration with Procuret in Xero is possible but clunky and not end-user (our customers) friendly. Please add Procuret as a Payment Service in Xero, like other vendors, GoCardless, Paystation etc. This should not be an instead of option, but an as well option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Apportion percentages of a total bill to different customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When generating a new Purchase Order can Xero add a Receiving Inspection report at the same time. The Receiving Inspection report would be an exact copy of the purchase order details that can printed with the Purchase Order. The Receiving Inspection report can then be hung up and when goods are received, they can be checked against this report and ticked off etc . We have a sample attached. IT would be great to have this to check off incoming items

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Under the new STP Phase 2 screens there is no-longer options on the 'Tax' tab to select Working Holiday Maker, rather just 'Australian resident' and 'Foreign resident'.

I understand on the 'Employment' tab you now need to make this selection, however, I've already had many users reach out confused thinking they need to select 'Foreign Resident' now.

My suggestion is to do one of the following:

1. Add Working Holiday Maker as an option and have it link back to the Employment tab if selected.

2. Add a text note in the 'Tax' tab section explaining the requirement to return to the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. An option in Xero to raise commission invoices which are deducted from supplier payments or being able to differentiate from sales invoices and commission invoices raised to suppliers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When selecting ACTIVITY under the Statements section, it would be helpful to filter receipts only. I can currently print a Statement of Activity using a custom advanced template I created, but I sometimes want to omit the invoices to show the client a list of receipts only in a nice report format. To recap, looking for a Statement of Activity, but only showing receipts for the period of time I select.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kathi, having a bit of a play with reports this is possible through the use of the Customer Invoice Activity report

You can add a Filter for Source to only select Receivable Payments - this would then show all payments your customers have made without detail of the individual invoices themselves - Have a try and let us know if this solves your needs here 😊

16. REMOVE COMPANY ADDRESS FROM STAFF PAYSLIPS

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Process invoices in bulk for one transaction and one set of charges on a certain day of the month. At the moment it is only possible to take a single invoice on DD i.e. each one individually. This incurs costs from providers such as GoCardless. Setting all invoices with the same due date will not work as they will all be taken as individual transactions. It would be great to be able to wrap they up to take them all in one on a certain day of the month.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When we publish Finanical Statements with a watermark and then have a client meeting and there are no changes to the accounts we have to open the published report, copy and edit, republish it without the watermark. Then delete the first publish report. It would be a timesaver if we publish any report we have the ability to print it with and without a watermark.

This would be the case for 85% of our Financial Statements - no changes post draft stage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the executive summary report, could there be an option to exclude certain accounts similar to the business snapshot report. For example I would like to exclude the distribution of profit accounts in partnerships as this shows a false profit of $0.

Also can the variance also be expressed in a $ value in audition to the percentage value.

Apart from that Loving the reports

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be helpful if a Superannuation payment in Xero had the date and the name of the person who processed it and sent it for Approval. As a bookkeeper who assists an Accountant, knowing if I had sent the payment for Approval or if the Accountant had would be very helpful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?