Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

243 results found

1. Ability to have separate ‘Reply-to’ email addresses within the same Xero organisation.

Purpose: Users can easily change the email address that they’d like to use when sending email from Xero, rather than having to go through settings to change it.

300 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Branding Themes (in Invoice Settings) that are templates for Invoices, Statements, Purchase Orders, Quotes, Remittances, you name it, can only currently be 'deleted' when no longer required (ie, if a staff member resigns). BUT, individual staff themes have generally been attached to a transaction and once that 'theme' is deleted, you lose the history/audit capability. Being able to ARCHIVE instead will maintain the integrity of all the 'theme' template data it was use for.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why is it that customers address details are not shown on the invoice and quotation listings. this is causing time issue problems
    These were shown in the classic view in invoices but not in quotations
    I’m my mind this is a retrograde step and needs reviewing

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, appreciate the interest around this. Being able to view a contact's address would be built separately for invoices and quotes. 

We have an existing idea for this in new invoicing that you may like to add your vote and join across here - you'll see this is something we're actively working on. 

I'll slightly adjust the title of your idea here to reflect the Quote side of things and we can keep you updated if there's any change for this. Thanks

4. If a staff member has Manager User access to a client file this doesn’t allow them to add users to a file with Payroll Admin unless they have Payroll Admin permissions.
    It would be good if people are allowed to MANAGE the access without necessarily having themselves.
    Can this idea please get implemented as it will avoid adding administrators with Payroll Admin permissions to our large client list when it isn’t required.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Redirect to the ReturnUrl on the login page if you refresh and have already logged back in, eg. from another tab.

Context: I usually have many Xero tabs open. If I am logged out due to session timeout, all of these tabs redirect to the login page with a ReturnUrl in the query string. If I log in on one of those login pages, I am correctly returned to where I was in that tab. If I refresh another one of the tabs after logging in, it stays on the login page rather than automatically redirecting to the ReturnUrl.

It…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. At present when you create an invoice and then use the triple dot menu and "get Link" option you are presented with a overlay which gives you the Invoice link that you can give to the customer. But this link includes an extra querystring parameter utm_source - I want a setting that stops this being added to any links.

The links currently look like this:
    https://in.xero.com/XXXXXXXXXX?utm_source=newInvoicingGetLinkButton

And I want them to look like this:
    https://in.xero.com/XXXXXXXXXX

They are long and ugly looking with the UTM parameter and current I have to remove this manually from every link. I also think adding…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, in the Automatic Sequencing setting, the invoice & credit note share the same number sequence. However, for tracking purpose, we prefer to have a separate number sequence for credit notes. Therefore, would like to request an additional 'Next Number' field for credit note, which can come with an option to share or not to share the number sequence with invoice.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As you’ve found, right now it’s not possible to only show the organisations logo or to remove the organisation name from the email. This would help in customizing what is shown to recipients/clients.

The best way to get your voice heard is by adding your thoughts to our Xero Product Ideas. Xero Product Ideas is a Xero website where our customers can share and support ideas for change.

I’ve included a link to the Xero Product Ideas page where you can view and support current ideas or create a new one to share your thoughts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to add bigger better quality logo's at the top of the body of invoices sent as emails.

132 px x 37 px ends up so tiny and always blury (I have tried all formats but some sort of extra compression is going on in the backend. Don't look so good for us graphic designers ;-)

ps: screen shot attached so you can see where I mean, designscope logo always blury :-(

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to set colour of organisation in the naivgational banner

Purpose: To help distinguish between clients, and avoid entering data incorrectly when working with multiple clients.

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Xero Inventory Plus should be an option, similar to Expenses and Projects, for any/all users regardless of roles. I need everyone on my team to see where our inventory stands.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, when an invoice get's sent to Xero, it goes into the Xero inbox. Usually, one needs to go into the attachement itself to view whether it's an invoice or a credit. Once inside the attachment, there's no option to create the bill from there directly. You must go back out, into the list of items in the inbox, click on the three dots to the right to create the necessary document. It would be helpful if we could view the attachement and create the necessary document via that screen, without having to come out of it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Using the dashboard search, we are no longer able to search by account number and must instead use names. Account numbers are used by thousands of businesses across the country and it's one of my most common client questions.

We can search by account number in the contact screen, please extend this to the dashboard search

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to automatically attach a file to all invoices when users send an email out from Xero.

Purpose: To save time from having to manually attach the files.

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As the HR admin and employee, it would be helpful to have just one Xero Me app login so I can view my personal payslips etc and approve staff leave/expenses...any idea when this may be an option?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Being able to customize each user role is quite important as every person in every company does something different. Giving them access to systems they shouldn't have because the User Role they need to do their job allows them access to these other areas is a security risk in general.

Putting in Custom Roles will also allow companies to adjust the Users to their Company Policies for controls.

This is the main reason I am posting this, as we are soon bringing on a new junior accountant where I will need to give them "approval" rights for Invoicing and a…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the idea here - Being transparent, developing granular permissions or roles for every feature and action throughout Xero is not in our plans. 

Understanding more of the permission sets majority of users need, will help understand where the biggest impact could be made. 

I've slightly adjusted the title to suit the needs of the role you mentioned. We'll get a sense of others that'd like this too. 

17. URGENT - Please have a setting to allow XERO subscriber to not allow project user to see the total invoices and billings of the organization. We need XERO improve on this system to create one more layer that allow user STANDARD to

• create quotation, raise invoice and cannot see total organization billing BUT only what they raise and projects that they are involved in.

They will make your system even more powerful! Please review this seriously. Last thing we want is to change to another platform because of this flaw.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. having a monthly average additional column option in the account watchlist would be ideal and I would have thought a default setting that most people would want on their account watchlists...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to give the ability to add tracking category to a user that is Invoice only with Approve and Pay permissions

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It is concerning that Bank Accounts can be added or deleted by users with "Standard User Access or even "Advisor" in some cases.

Considering the whole Xero Accounting system revolves around Bank Feeds, the ability to add a bank account, activate Bank Feeds or even delete a bank account should only be a function available to the Software Subscriber.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?