Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4150 results found

1. The PayPal data feed imports dates from UTC, as is.

For example in Australia there is a fairly large window each day where transactions will be imported and appear to have occurred the day prior. For other timezones it's likely the opposite.

In my eyes this is an outright bug/lazy coding. The response I received from support tells me they are aware of the problem, but it's just a known quirk! They suggested adding a manual adjustment to fix the balance when required. Ugh, I would feel dirty doing that, lol.

Essentially the only place the PayPal feed is always…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Days paid" on timesheet defaults to number of days loaded in "Salary & Wages".
    It needs to be overridden to actual days worked for the week when a timesheet is approved. Many staff work more or less days than the average and changing each one manually is incredibly cumbersome and has a huge margin for error

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I add a Task to a project I would like to add a Task Title trhen have a seperate section to Describe the task detail. At the moment there is insufficient space for this information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When invoicing, there is a drop down arrow/menu next to the "Print PDF" button, where you can select 'Invoice' or 'Packing Slip'.

We need this feature to be available in the quote for printing a picking slip / delivery docket.

Is it possible to add this functionality?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for raising and supporting the idea here, community. Being open this isn't something we're looking to develop into Quotes for the time being. However, if needed you could have two branding themes, with a different Quote template: one for the quote itself, and one for a packing slip.

You could then edit the quote, and switch the branding theme to the one you want to send out.

5. When making a batch payment, it's always a pain to have to exit to get the missing bank details.

I'd love there to be a link to the bill to check the bank details on the document. Adding that extra layer of protection as well for those who want to make sure the bills bank details actually match back to the payments.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like the suppliers payment details maybe held somewhere on the original bill that's been entered, Laura - Is this correct? 

Is this detail that would commonly change for a supplier you work with? Generally when creating a batch this information is pulled from the contacts record. 

6. We have just moved onto Xero Payroll and it would be very helpful if employees could add notes to their timesheet each day.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, an update to my earlier message:

This change was specific to users of the Australian payroll.

Apologies, and we'll shift this idea back to 'Submitted' so we can continue to track and share if there are developments in New Zealand Payroll.

However, at the moment this is not in the team's plans.

• If you operate across multiple regions, and are interested in reading more, I've updated this idea. which is specific to AU.

Thanks for your understanding.

7. Finalise Year End
    Can we have an option (just like finalising the GST returns) where we can finalise the year, and then later on print a report with any changes made since? The lock dates are not the solution, because they can be unlocked and relocked and there is no detail of changes made.
    If we could "finalise" a year when the client has signed off accounts or tax returns, then if anyone inadvertently edits or changes coding we can see that.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reinstate "Voided" bills and invoices
    We have had an invoice created accidentally with sensitive payroll info, it was then voided without thinking and now that info is permanently in the xero file - we need to at LEAST be able to edit voided invoices (as you can at any other stage - ie maybe a "reinstate" so we can edit to remove this sensitive data, then re-void??!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The ability to preview notes added against a bill/invoice from the summary screens, rather than having to open each record to view them. For example a notes icon next to the existing document one, which would display the note when clicked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to be able to forward receipts I have received via email which are NOT attachments, but are inline / html receipts, and have Xero read them, like Expensify can.

I waste so much time receiving emailed receipts (BPME for example) which I then have to save as a PDF and forward / upload.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be really useful to have a report the same as the "Billable Expense Report - Outstanding" that shows the same info but for paid invoices, preferably with the ability to filter by invoice number or bill number

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have a UK based client who have a presentational and functional currency in USD. There is no possibility of setting up this company correctly on Xero, as Xero only lets UK organisations use the base currency on GBP to link easily to taxonomy.

It would be very helpful if this could be set up.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jonathan, when you say presentational and functional currency is USD - does the organisation pay taxes in the US? If so it would be recommended that you pick US when setting up the org. 

Alternatively, if US is one of the currencies that the org regularly deals and transacts in but pays taxes in the UK it would be recommended that you select UK and the client is on an org that includes multi-currency in it's plan. 

We appreciate customers would like to see more capability with currency in Xero - most recently we have added the ability to run the newer Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Budget Variance reports in other currencies an org uses.  

13. Hi

On the repeating invoices tab, can we please have the total amount showing of repeating monthly invoices.. Just as it shows the awaiting invoices value on that tab.

This will help business keep an eye on their recurring value income.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This column is useful but could be improved.

As already noted in another existing idea, it would be good if there was a way to indicate whether the discount is per-item or for the line. As it stands, if there is a count, then to emulate a dollar discount on each item, we have to manually calculate the total discount for the line (number * $ discount) to enter the appropriate line value.

The percentage discount option is good also (as it avoids the above problem with specifying an absolute amount). However, it has a different problem in that the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The ability to send multiple (or up to 10) quotes to one email address

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to setup a 13 week budget (blocks of 4 weeks). We currently cannot utilise the budget function because there is only the ability to budget monthly.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Xero should automatically recognise a Xero client account number in any bank transfer and allocate those funds to existing invoices in that client's account. This should either just occur automatically when a client payment matches the total on their statement, or alternatively, any payment should simply be allocated to the client's oldest invoices.

Currently, when customers pay us for invoices that we have sent them, we search for their name in the “Match” function during the bank feed reconciliation. We then select the invoice(s) that match each payment and reconcile these.

There are two major problems with this workflow:

1. We…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show mandate status and progress: In Sage one of the Customer fields is their mandate status. You can see when the mandate was sent, whether it has been submitted, is being processed, is now active or has been cancelled. These are crucial for us. We are finding it very hard to get even a couple of mandates set up due to the way that first invoices are processed (on their invoice date rather than as soon after as practical). Then we have no way of knowing whether a mandate has been sent or is being responded to. It's guesswork. In…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I've noticed when an account gets a negative balance (such as an asset) that the balance sheet moves it to liabilities. I also noticed that, although I put "Other Income" at the end of the account list (with a account number of 7000) it still shows up in the income section. Proper accounting reports show "Other Income" and "Other Expense" at the bottom of the balance sheet. Additionally, if an asset account gets a negative balance for some reason it should NOT be moved to liabilities. Please fix this.

Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would really like the option to have a second layer to approve leave. I am a HR Manager and find it hard when the manager approves leave verbally and I do not get notified until later. I would like to see the option for HR or Finance to get a notification or get the option to approve prior to the manager so we can manage the employee leave status.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?