Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4118 results found

1. Need the option to customise the tax years for the entities who don't have March 20XX balance date e.g. December balance date in financial settings.

This still shows the annual certificate as at 31st March.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please allow payments to be made to an employee after they have left and their P45 has been generated. Sage, for example, allows you to include past employees in a pay run and tick a 'payment after leaving' box which gives the correct 0T tax code and produces the correct FPS submission for HMRC. This is a very basic part of payroll that needs to be included in this system, the option to create a new employee file in order to pay them is not complying with HMRC and is not an acceptable alternative.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. With the currect feature History and note report we are able to see which invoice for example has been edited - change name of invoice - reconciled etc. However we would like to have a more detailed view, for example if an invoice is booked in USD and someone will change the currency in EUR we are not able to see this change , we can see only that the invoice is edited by X person but we are not able to see the change. How can we have this feature?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, our product team have released their first update to the history and notes of new invoicing where you can now see more detail of the change that's been made such as where an issue or due date has been edited or the amount of the invoice has changed. 

We have more improvements planned for new invoicing history and notes and I'll share more as this comes, here. 

4. Ability to have more flexible permission in Xero Payroll, especially for read only Payroll reports and to give other users permission to approve/decline leave requests.

Purpose: To have more options and flexibility in assigning users to Xero Payroll.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When clients use Xero Me they use the notes section on the timesheet to communicate and for some staff advise their managers what tasks they have completed on that day. Xero help confirmed today these notes are no longer visible once the timesheet is approved meaning we have lost visibility of this information. My client is very unhappy that I did not advise them of this issue, unfortunately as this is a new way of completing the timesheets I wasn't aware this was going to happen, previously my clients were sending me a spreadsheet each fortnight and I was manually…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Notify Client when reports are published to Xero! Each month I publish client financial statements to the clients Xero company. It would be incredible it I could send a message through Xero to notify clients that their reports have been published! Life - changing - Incredible!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Critical to add the Inventory ITEM in the EXPENSE CLAIM so employees can add this on their company Visa charges

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be very handy to have a link directly from the Dashboard into Manual Journals please...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, if you have the Adviser role in an org from the dashboard you can click the '+' icon in the menu banner at the top of the screen, and select 'Manual journal' which'll take you directly to a new Manual Journal. Does this accomplish what you're after here? 

9. It is quite often that we need to print a proper record of a transaction for approval or record keeping purposes. (such as spend/receive money, invoice/bill/credit note)
    We have to print from the transaction screen because we need the printout to show the GL account, source type and tax rate name etc.
    However the printing layout is very messy and unreadable, and does not look like a proper record from Xero.
    Is it possible to make the layout more organized or more similar to what is shown on the screen?
    I have attached the printout of the transactions for reference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Payroll - Victorian Public Holidays -

Please add:
    Friday before the AFL Grand Final Friday 27 September

I tried but was not able to manually add this as an extra Public Holiday

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently you are able to select the tax scale Horticultural/Shearers but there is no default tax rate attached. Apparently if employee falls under this scale you need to select for reporting to ATO which means you have to then manually calculate tax when you do the pays which is not possible if you have multiple employees knowing which employee wants what rate as they all do not use the default. This also leads to errors if not picked up it doesnt calculate automatically. May I suggest that we urgently attention to have the default ATO tax scale rate included with…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Manager Approval for Timesheets - Weekly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Within Products and Services when items are set up that aren't invoiceable costs, and therefore the "Sell" box unticked, when they are allocated as to Projects these items don't show as "Non-Chargeable" costs as they should do, they show as "% Mark-up" costs. Therefore, when going to "Invoice Tasks and Expenses", they appear in the list of potentially invoiceable items.

Therefore, each expense item has to be edited in each individual project and switch it from "% Mark-up" to "Non-Chargeable. Such costs should automatically come through as "Non-Chargeable".

Also, "Find and Recode" feature doesn't recode the Product and Services type…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can we have Super guarantee charge (SGC) statement lodgement trough xero.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would it be possible to be able to select Quantity on Order as a column option in the Inventory Item Summary report.
    Such feature would greatly enhance the product overview in this report.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Expenses module: We want the ability to customise the Expenses Claim Reference.

All expenses under the Reference are set as "Expense Claims," which makes it impossible to search specific claims/events or others. Can this not be customised within the expenses Module ?

The recommendation from Xero is to revert to manual expenses, which defeats the objective of paying for the Expenses module. Any chance this can be added or will we need to remove the feature as there is no point paying for something we need to do manually?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We receive an email each month with a link to the invoice, which we can then print to a pdf to download & attach to another email to send to Hubdoc or Xero Bills.
    Many businesses have a 'do not click links' policy.
    Please attach the pdf invoice to the original email to save all your users those extra clicks.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I noticed with the new invoicing structure, that a field for Projects to be allocated in each line item. Can this be done for billing too? It becomes very time-consuming when having to add the projects at the end of a bill. Some of my bills are like 20-25 lines long, and then once I have entered the info, I have to go back to each line via the projects and allocate the project code. It would be so much simpler if the field was added to each line so that it can be allocated at the same time as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We are just starting to use DocuSign for signing of Purchase Orders, invoices & Good Received Notes internally. Previously our Financial Controller just forwarded on the email with attachment to Hubdoc for auto uploading to Xero. However, signed documents with DocuSign are embedded in the body of the email meaning we have to download a document from DocuSign, then send an email to the FC as an attachment. It would be awesome if Hubdoc was compatible with DocuSign so that we could automatically send signed documents straight to our Hubdoc account!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Watchlist - Ability to toggle off MTD and/or YTD.

When using Gusto payroll the Xero Book balance for the checking account is not affected until the checks are cashed. I have added the Clearing account to the Watchlist but the MTD number is of no value. The YTD balance shows all checks still outstanding. Users can then manually deduct from book balance to know what's really available. So I'd like the ability to show/no show MTD and YTD by options to turn each on or off in the watchlist dialogute for each chart of account item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?