Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4531 results found

1. It would be really helpful if I could produce reports (by various time periods as usual) that list all the bank reconciliations that I have posted to my various accounts that I have created. This is useful for me to check in my book-keeping role to ensure that I have reconciled everything to the correct account, especially before passing everything to my accountant to produce the accounts.

Example:
    Does my "Postage & Stationery" account include only postage and stationery bank statement reconciliations?
    Does my "Salaries" account include only salary bank statement reconciliations?

etc etc

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Need to allow bank rules to gross up. I want to apply a bank rule to say the net received is net a 2.2% fee. I want to be able to compare different fees I am charged via websites, Stripe, Square Reader, Paypal etc.

You have to enter bank rule for each amount you charge. You only allow a rule to be split to 100%, it should be able to gross up. As such net received $97.80 is $100 (Sales) and 2.2% or $2.20 of gross sales (fee exepnse).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Filter Bank Feed By Source
    When looking for bank errors because a bank balance is incorrect, it would make things quicker to filter by bank transaction source
    Many errors are caused by the source being imported manually but the transaction has already been imported by bank feed
    to filter these ones out would make things quicker

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have 1 page with all employees (items) instead of the max 50 per page when processing a payroll.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can we display the GL Account Number(s) on a cheque? This helps us with reconciling/troubleshooting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Hubspot CRM integration for the EMEA region doesn't offer the option to 'Get invoicing'

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks sharing with us here, Haider. Not something that we have plans for extending the integration for at present, but we'll start tracking the support in this here and let you know if there's any plans for change. 

7. When invoice details are extracted to Excel or reported in the Receivable Invoice Detail Report, all invoice line items (and comments when they are included) should be extracted in the same sequence as they are shown on the invoice. Currently this is not the case and I would consider it an error in the system rather than an improvement to the system. Similarly, the details shown in the line item description should include any formatting (ie carriage returns, leading spaces etc).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. To see accumulated depreciation on disposal on the Disposal Schedule report.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am wanting to configure the view of a timesheet in Xero. I would like to be able to view the full earnings rate when processing timesheets. We are currently in our peak season and have a huge amount of timesheets which we export from a different system into Xero. At present as a double check I am having to physically click on the earnings rate to view the entire name as it doesn't display. We added Time Sheet tracking to the timesheets which is causing the view of the pay item to be smaller but if we could make…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to hit the F9 button (or similar) as in Sage, to automatically fill the amount in the 'amount to credit' field, without having to type values in manually

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Increase number of letters/spaces in text field boxes in employee name fields.

Text fields for employee names are currently limited to 36 letters so my suggestion is to have an unlimited text field or increase to 50 spaces.

I only discovered this when a new employee's last name has 40 letters so I can't accurately add his full last name. Payslips need to be downloaded and edited via a pdf editor so he has the accurate payslip for his tax and visa records.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When sending an invoice from a mobile device, remove the “send me a copy” button, or at least let us make a one time adjustment to stop having to turn it off every single time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As you can see in the attached pictures, the "New bill - screenshot 1" shows the information to key in when we want to create the bill. As we have many expenses in different foreign currencies, we need to add the currency unit to the bill. We have to open "Optional details" to add, as in the picture "New bill - adding currency".

It would be great if we could set the field "Currency" to be mandatory, so this field is always on the main screen and we don't have to open the "Optional detail" every time we create the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When changing VAT from Accruals to Cash or Visa Versa there is now warning or link to article on tasks to be performed. It is too easy to just change and the user is not warned of consequences or actions to take. Further the Audit Log does not publish this in history thus you have to contact support to find out whom did it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When generating a new Purchase Order can Xero add a Receiving Inspection report at the same time. The Receiving Inspection report would be an exact copy of the purchase order details that can printed with the Purchase Order. The Receiving Inspection report can then be hung up and when goods are received, they can be checked against this report and ticked off etc . We have a sample attached. IT would be great to have this to check off incoming items

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Dedicated email address to submit supplier quotes to Xero (like the email used for bills)
    • Once in Xero can create the estimate, add mark up etc and assign to a particular project

This would be a huge time saving feature for me to be able to quickly add supplier quotes for a variety of different projects on the go at once and a faster creation time for a quote. At the moment this is a laboriously time consuming process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Lot of employee are working overtime. Holiday should be paid adding the Holiday Pay Adjustment. This means that overtime, certain allowances and commission plans will be included in the first 20 days of leave taken in any holiday year. To put this simply, you should be no worse off financially by taking your holiday. So if you earn commissions, claim certain allowances or work overtime these will now be considered as part of your holiday pay adjustment payment. Every employer must calculate this manually, and errors may occur during the process. It would be fantastic if a formula could be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi
    I would like to be able to process a Payroll Transaction Summary Listing report that shows the individual amounts per pay item for every employee for the financial year in one report. Currently, I need to select the individual employee to get this information, but this is not practical when a business has 10 or more employees as it takes too much time to select each employee individually to get this information.
    Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In Xero when adding a new Bill, and the PDF is shown on left side, I often copy information to save typing it all, however I have to do a 'copy' twice to make it work? if I copy it once only, and paste, it will paste in information from previous 'copy'.
    It would also be a fabulous time saving feature (and accuracy feature) to have in Hubdoc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?