• Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4221 results found

1. The Dashboard panel "Invoices owed to you" shows the number and total of
    * Draft Invoices
    * Awaiting Payment
    * Overdue

Having a fourth line showing Unsent invoices would quickly notify users of those approved invoices which haven't yet been sent, whether intentionally or in error.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would really appreciate the ability to export expense claims for an individual employee for a defined period which shows which are billable to a client and those that are not.

Currently the Expense Claim Detail report only shows aged (unpaid) expenses and the Account Transactions Report shows all expenses whether paid, unpaid or submitted, but doesn't differentiate those that are general expenses from those that can be billed to Clients (Customers).

Hard to believe we are the first small business to request this functionality.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Just like the "Drop or click to upload files" area below this text box, I'd like an area within each transaction that I can use to upload an invoice or receipt. Rather than clicking the add document button and searching through the file hierarchy.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the Business Snapshot all of the comparatives are to previous year. In a startup this isn't meaningful as prior year balances are nil, but month-to-month or quarter-to-quarter comparatives would be super useful. In established businesses also, monthly and quarterly comparatives can be very useful.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I work in the payroll team at a business where the majority of our employees are on salaries that include super. This means every July, I have to go into every person's pay template and recalculate what their new salary is (because xero works only on an excluding super basis).

My suggestion: The ability to select whether a salary is including or excluding super per employee. Then every year when the statutory super amount goes up, I won't have to recalculate everyone's new salary for xero. This also means that an employee's payslip has the same salary as what is…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  7 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Net functional (for us GBP) column in the Account Transaction Report does not function correctly if we are considering the full GL.
    Whether it shows a Debit or Credit as plus or minus depends on the type of account.
    For example, an accrual Jnl posts Debit Expense/Credit Liabilities but both show as Positive in the Net column.

We run the full GL to conduct our analysis and we re-calculate this column every time.
    Then we can confirm that the list balances as the total of the double-entries should be nil.

Is the current presentation of any use to anyone?…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add CIS Deduction value to the Aged Receivables and Aged Payables reports. In the same way Outstanding VAT value is an option to include in the reports, also include CIS Deduction.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The way that you can preset (and save) coding in spend money bank rules in Xero between "Fixed items" and "remainder items", it would be extremely useful to be able to do this with bills that are uploaded to Hubdoc.

You would then also be able to save the multiline configuration in Hubdoc so that when the bill autosyncs with Xero it has the desired split between fixed and remainder items.

Please see attached PDF. An example of this is where you have phone bill that has fixed business and personal items. The remainder of personal tolls, which differ in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. You can add formula columns and rows to a report, but from what I can tell, the column formula always takes precedent over the row. It would be cool if you choose if you want the row formula to calculate in the column formula column

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to update and amend or assist as a user the cash flow prediction analytics function. Currently the cashflow analysis prediction function doesn't pick up a number of our regularly occurring expense invoices and sales invoices (also sometimes it has them coded as monthly rather than fortnightly etc). Result is that for us the cashflow analytics is very inaccurate and then not usable and as user we are unable to amend or update. But think it could be a good tool if we could work with it somehow to update the AI and predictions

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add total hours to the Pay Employees screen to make sure hours entered are the same as hours worked when Timesheets aren't used.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The ability for Xero to automatically update pricing or changes that were made to items in products and services, when a quote is converted to an invoice.

Or to at least get a notification that changes were made to the items in the quote when it is converted to an invoice.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As it stands the "template" is largely superficial, whereas a template should be meaningful.

When I think of invoice templates, I think: unit prices, quantities, etc... much like your "repeated invoices" except the repeated invoices don't include dynamic dates. Monthly billing for a team is a nightmare.

So either expand the templates to include meaningful features, or add dynamic dates to the repeated invoices. Preferably the second option so I don't have to constantly rebuild invoices for my team.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Populate Contact Purchase Defaults when Bills arrive as e-invoice or from 3rd party app.

As a bookkeeper I was so looking forward to promoting and using e-invoicing, but unfortunately it's not going to work for me (and many of my clients). This is because we often have invoices with A LOT of line items which are brought into Xero just as a total with one line only. However, if we receive an e-invoice all the individual lines would come into Xero and then we are faced with having to click through every individual line to populate the default purchase GL…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your support here, everyone. Appreciate there is some interest in this from people emailing bills to their organisation, or importing via a 3rd party application. 

We wanted to share a recent change we've made for those using eInvoicing - invoices received via Xero's eInvoicing will apply Contact defaults (such as a set default 'Purchase account) when creating the invoice in Xero. 😁

15. I would like to be link an email template to an Invoice Theme.
    I have two slightly different email templates that I want to be able to use for sending invoices depending on which invoice theme I am using.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to see a report that listed all the bank accounts, their balance at the report date and the date of the last imported bank statement line. For a company with more than a handful of accounts it would make it much easier to see which accounts needed to be brought up to date for accounts prep.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To be able to see a proper transaction report of either outstanding or all transactions from the contact screen. All it gives you at the moment is a list of invoices and notes etc with no structure. If you could get a transaction history from that screen and an aged breakdown it would be really helpful, which you could download, without coming out of there and having to go to reports. It's so frustrating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be able to set an automatic default tax rate when new sales or expense accounts are created. In our country, the sales tax rate changed, and by default when I create a new account, it gives the old tax rate. Unless I change the Default tax rate for this specific new account to the current tax rate, I will be given the old tax rate by default. This has given us accounting problems that are sometimes hard to trace when one doesn't change the tax rate manually each time a new account is created.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Require the ability to post net wages, loans, drawings without a contact. This information should not be accessible in the customer/supplier ledger/contact section.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Charlotte, can you expand a little on your needs or use cases for your idea here? 

A wage would generally be connected to an employee in payroll. Managing a loan is a little different and we have suggestion of how to do this in our help here, and when it comes to drawings and introducing cash to the business this would generally relate to a specific shareholder and would be recorded as Spend or receive monies, if you'd rather not specify the contact you may want to set up a generic contact that you could code these sort of transactions too. 

20. I have a lot different invoice currency which the customer should paying into respective bank account according to invoice currency. However, the invoice template now is having single standard terms which i have to list down all bank accounts in the invoice. There is also limit for creating custom invoice template but it is also not an good idea to create different template just to follow the bank account currency.

Hope that Xero can create the filter for user to select the terms that match the criteria. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?