Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4068 results found

1. Looking to move from using Sage payroll where this time saving feature is available when paying net bonuses, it would be great help if this was also available in Xero payroll.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  7 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently this badge is displayed for the additional people only when there's at least a first name associated with them, but often our "additional people" are only email addresses with no first/last names, an the only way to see whether the "included in emails" option has been enabled for them is to enter two nested edit modes (4 clicks total). This is really unnecessary. Just display the badge if the box has been checked!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Include the Share Invoice and click to open the invoice electronically so a credit card payment can be quickly processed. In the classic invoice you are able to do this. The new invoice format doesn't have the same option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We recently converted from Quickbooks Desktop and are trying to reproduce a "Sales by Customer" Report that is sorted by gross invoice amount. In Xero, I can click on the column header to accomplish this, but when I save the draft report or export to PDF, the sort order is not maintained. I would like the ability to change the report format to maintain the sort order after saving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to be able to see Check numbers in the list of invoices owed. that way when I view a client and their activity ... the invoice shows paid ... I would be able to see the check number they paid with. The reason is sometimes a client sends a check and does not indicate what invoice to apply it to. I normally apply it to the oldest invoice or the month they sent the payment. When they say I paid Feb with chk number 1234, I can look and see what invoice I applied it too and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please allow bank feeds to be connected via Discovery Bank. This is one of South Africa’s largest and fastest growing banks used by businesses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi, Just thought I would let you know that adding a payment before sending the invoice to the customer showing $0 balance in the NEW invoice template settings is terrible and you have to flick from one section to another. It was so much easier in the OLD invoice setup. For ecommerce businesses who are creating an invoice for an item already paid for it needs to be more user friendly. If it is annoying for me it will be for others as well. Any chance your team can take a look at sorting the issue? I have moved back…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have employees with bank account numbers that include a letter. Xero won't accept this as valid. The bank won't accept it as a valid account without it.

This means that I can't have the correct bank details in an employee's information, nor can I create a .aba file with the correct details for that employee, nor can I create a bill payment for a reimbursement for that employee, nor can I pay any bill for any other entity in the same position.

I would like to be able to pay these people the same as I do everyone else.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to add emojis to email communication templates and customised docx templates.

E.g.

Hello Jane 👋

and

📨 hello@emailme.com

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Contact Cash Activity Report that shows all contacts and can show both individual transactions or a summary (total).

It would be more efficient than having to select each contact individually

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add 'Days overdue' to statements, as well as on customers main account page!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Permanent inventory item on a specific invoice template

For example, we are an automotive repair shop
    If I was to have a specific invoice template for 'vehicle servicing' and would like every service invoice to come up with Sundries and Freight automatically

This would be a great way to save time as well as making sure everything is being charged out correctly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul, while not a perfect solution, currently you could create and repurpose a  Draft invoice for a dummy contact. When you want to create an invoice with this item you'd use the 'Copy to draft invoice' option. 

We don't have plans for developing anything that'd accomplish what you're currently asking here. We'll monitor the interest and share if there's any change. 

13. To reassign or remove multiple billable expenses at once and to make edits to billable expenses from within reports.

I have a client who has 175 outstanding billable expenses, which need to be removed as the invoices have been billed manually.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I frequently create draft invoices to keep track of work to be billed. When I send the invoice (at the completion of a production stage for example), XERO keeps the date of the first draft invoice, which can be weeks or even months old. I have a setting of 7 days as due date. Clients then receive an invoice with a long gone due date, which is extremely confusing, if I forget to update the issue date to today. It would make a lot of sense if XERO entered the date of the issue automatically! Apparently there is no default…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow tracking options to be entered against all account codes for conversion balances. For existing businesses that use tracking and wish to migrate to Xero with opening balances, this is an important feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Most often when I extract XERO finance reports I have to strip out all of the headings and totals in order to get to the raw transaction data for further pivot analysis and data refinement. Having a raw data dump (i.e., excel or csv format) as an option to the formatted files would save considerable time for users doing pivot analysis, multi period or year comparisons, adding calculations and additional columns, preparing charts, and just trying to summarize the data in a different way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This is a glitch in the new reporting update from last year and I am surprised it has not been addressed yet. I run a monthly report on invoices paid from the prior month to determine commissions. I would use an Account Transaction Report for invoice totals.
    The current reports offer you to choose the invoice number as an option, but invoice number does not show up on the report - reference number does- but if the invoice number is not in the reference field all that shows up is 'ach'

If the Xero report offers an option to sort…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Contact Dojo to arrange an integration with their card payment system as already done with Quickbooks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It's simple, we are business owners and we have to make quick decisions and actions.
    Therefore we need to have at a glance how much we have in sales to date.
    A quick view of how much we have sold, that information is not at hand.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please implement a feature allowing users to add billable expenses assigned to Projects directly to an existing draft invoice.

Currently, users can only add billable expenses directly to a draft invoice if the expense is assigned to a Customer. When expenses are assigned to a Project, they can only be invoiced through Projects. This causes issues when an expense assigned to a Project is has been missed, and needs to be added to the draft invoice. The current workaround requires deleting the draft invoice and starting the invoicing process again, which is time-consuming and inefficient.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?