For small businesses

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. An update that would be appreciated is once you are in the awaiting payments window and after you have entered your first deposit, an option to select to go and add another deposit, that takes you back to the awaiting payment window.

So rather than clicking - business - invoices - awaiting payment then search each time.
    Just click "add another deposit" option that takes you directly to the awaiting payment window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  0 comments  ·  Business features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. GST - where an entity trades in different tax jurisdictions, allow the file to create the ability to manage GST for different countries (different GST codes) in separate GST accounts and not all consolidated into one GST account.
    eg if an entity trades in Australia and New Zealand, you can have an Australian GST account and a NZ GST account to make reconciliation and completion of BAS easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accounting features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can you please make it possible for firms to be able to remove the pop up/reminders from our screen? We should be able to remove it once on our xero screen and then it doesnt appear for any other client. Or maybe after removing it three times then it goes away. I think its a bit strange you keep reminding accountants there is increase to the provisional tax threshold each time we open a clients GST return.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Accounting features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please can we get rid of this notification on draft bills?

"A forwarded email has been turned into a bill."
    Is this in any way helpful to anyone?

This notification is redundant, as the information that an email has been created from a forwarded bill is already there - beside the contact name. The only use this seems to have is to encourage RSI by users having to use the mouse to click to remove the notification every time you go into the draft bills folder.

Even if you turn off your notifications, this one still comes up every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Settings & user roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I currently do not use Xero Tax. As a BAS Agent I also have to comply with the ATO new client verification & Director ID. Under your new updates I cannot add the information as I do not use Xero Tax. Can you please add the new updates to be incorporated within the New Client set up to allow BAS agents the same facility. I would appreciate if you could consider this issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Accounting features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It is incredibly frustrating that when you edit an item the price fields reject a figure pasted with a $ in front of it (e.g. $150). This is a daily bugbear for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 99 times out of 100 when I look into an item I want to edit it. Rather than have to select Edit Item to open the pop-up window, it would be great to be able to edit directly in the Item overview page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. currently only allows you to add lines at the bottom

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When using the search fund for INVOICES current options are: Enter Number, Reference, Contact or Amount. It would be nice to also be able to search by the account number issued to your clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to add a discount for unit price just for a single line item.

Purpose: To save time from manually allowing percentage discounts.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Business features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable the AI suggestions from the Reconcile tab to appear in bulk on the Cash Coding tab (the way bank rules auto-populate in Cash Coding) - This would save hours of time not having to create as many generic bank rules and hours of time doing bank rec.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Accounting > Advanced > Export Accounting Data > Xero General Ledger (.txt), to add the Contact name (customer/vendor/employee name) as a field. Currently, such information is not exported.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be very useful to be able to have percentage or dollar value change listed on comparative reports, such as the profit and loss reports. I want to be able to, at a glance, see what the actual change is.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A more streamlined Payroll Summary Report.

It would be really helpful to have a payroll summary report, which shows one line per employee (perhaps with combined additions and also deductions), PAYE, Pension and Employees NI, particularly with their net pay highlighted, but, if possible, also showing the full cost to the employer, i.e. with Employers pension contributions and Employers NI.

It would also be good to see subtotals and then a single total of what is owed to HMRC (Employees NI+Employers NI+PAYE) and the same for the Pension Provider instead of only seeing each deduction total separately.

The current reports…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To automatically add inflation to recurring annual invoices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to right click and set default on reports.
    For example I like to look at the prior year by month P&L but If I want this to be my default I have to save it as a custom report and make it the default report.
    It's be quicker, easier and more accessible if we could right click on the report we'd like as default or have a toggle on each report to "make this my default view"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would save so much time if there was an option to bulk code multiple lines on one bill, rather than selecting the account code for each line individually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. An import template for importing bank spend and receive money transactions. Now that Datadear is longer available for Xero clients as an app there is no way to import bank transactions

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We would like to measure expenses per fixed assets. Thus the request would be a field in the bank reconciliation or when creating and invoice to be paid that there is an option to select the asset for which the expense if for, if any, and then be able to pull a report per asset for expenses that was incurred for the asset per GL line.

Currently extra sheets or extra software is being used while Xero is holing all the info, we just need the functionality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When preparing for FBT review of the accounts - I always work from the Trial Balance Report. No matter what I do though I can not get it to compare 31 March 2022 to 31 March 2021 - all I can get is year end, quarter, etc.
    Since we can customise all the other reports why can we not do this?
    FBT years are 1 April to 31 March - Can we please have this function available in Trial Balance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?