Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4107 results found

1. Add 'Days overdue' to statements, as well as on customers main account page!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Permanent inventory item on a specific invoice template

For example, we are an automotive repair shop
    If I was to have a specific invoice template for 'vehicle servicing' and would like every service invoice to come up with Sundries and Freight automatically

This would be a great way to save time as well as making sure everything is being charged out correctly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul, while not a perfect solution, currently you could create and repurpose a  Draft invoice for a dummy contact. When you want to create an invoice with this item you'd use the 'Copy to draft invoice' option. 

We don't have plans for developing anything that'd accomplish what you're currently asking here. We'll monitor the interest and share if there's any change. 

3. Allow tracking options to be entered against all account codes for conversion balances. For existing businesses that use tracking and wish to migrate to Xero with opening balances, this is an important feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Most often when I extract XERO finance reports I have to strip out all of the headings and totals in order to get to the raw transaction data for further pivot analysis and data refinement. Having a raw data dump (i.e., excel or csv format) as an option to the formatted files would save considerable time for users doing pivot analysis, multi period or year comparisons, adding calculations and additional columns, preparing charts, and just trying to summarize the data in a different way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This is a glitch in the new reporting update from last year and I am surprised it has not been addressed yet. I run a monthly report on invoices paid from the prior month to determine commissions. I would use an Account Transaction Report for invoice totals.
    The current reports offer you to choose the invoice number as an option, but invoice number does not show up on the report - reference number does- but if the invoice number is not in the reference field all that shows up is 'ach'

If the Xero report offers an option to sort…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It's simple, we are business owners and we have to make quick decisions and actions.
    Therefore we need to have at a glance how much we have in sales to date.
    A quick view of how much we have sold, that information is not at hand.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please implement a feature allowing users to add billable expenses assigned to Projects directly to an existing draft invoice.

Currently, users can only add billable expenses directly to a draft invoice if the expense is assigned to a Customer. When expenses are assigned to a Project, they can only be invoiced through Projects. This causes issues when an expense assigned to a Project is has been missed, and needs to be added to the draft invoice. The current workaround requires deleting the draft invoice and starting the invoicing process again, which is time-consuming and inefficient.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. On the Xero App - Please add a field where you can add a client's VAT number on the App (not as a note or reference or description) but as a separate field in the same way you would add it on internet sign in

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My Bank rules were deleted by someone. Xero doesn't have a restore function or the ability to see who deleted these.
    We need this for compliance purposes and the safety of our data purposes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatically captures each line items as indicated in the bill when sending bills directly to draft using Xero Bills email link provided

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Location and time tracking, as it stands you can only enter start and finish time. Be good to have a login and logout to track worked hours in real time not just estimating. Location tracking through the timesheet would also help with when switching jobs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More explicit flagging of a leave application resulting in a negative leave balance.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  11 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow XERO to automatically send a receipt to a client when an invoice is paid in part or in full.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for all the feedback and detail on your needs in the idea here. As you'll see from each others comments there are different points at which businesses would want to be automating this process. Not really a one size fits all approach. 

As noted in recent comments, we recently made a change for new invoicing flow where (like classic) you can now choose to Send receipt from the payment confirmation that's shown once you apply a payment to an invoice. 

At this time we don't have plans for automating this flow however we're still attuned to the idea here and will be sure to share if there are any plans made toward this in the future. 

14. Seems a lapse in the system that you cannot send invoice reminders for over 60 days + for outstanding invoices
    We have clients that still owe us money after 60 days and we have to manually review and resend, rather than the system just picking up that any invoice is outstanding / overdue and sending a reminder automatically
    Would be nice if the system could just send an invoice reminder to any overdue invoice.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Having the ability to invoice a percentage of each task in a project.
    Our company invoices as a job progresses e.g 20% of one task is completed the first month, and then 50% has been completed the following month.
    At this stage, I am only able to apply a 'discount' to alter the amount invoiced (while still maintaining the full contract amount on the invoice as a reference to clients). When doing this, it also marks that task as invoiced and I am unable to further invoice. The only alternative to this, is invoicing for a project amount and still…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. At the moment, we can only download the P45 and then email to employees by different software. It would be better if we can just email the P45 directly to employees from Xero.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When editing an Invoice or a Bill Containing Products, The form have the Very bad feature of automatically resetting the Qty to 1... causing all kind of error.

Sometimes we have to update an Invoice, a purchase order or a bill to reflect business changes. When you do that, the form automatically resets the QTY to 1 and the Reset the discount to Customer default and does not show you it was done. So mistakes are being made...
    If you feel the need to do so, at minima, the page should highlights the modified numbers to give us a chance…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I sometimes(Often) do not understand Xero's Developers Logic...

Purchase Order - Instructions Field. Can someone explain me why, If I change the "Delivery Address", the form automatically clears the Instruction field we just typed?

I first assumed that it was because I can attach specific instructions for a Delivery address... But I search high and low and I could not find such feature.

Xero, Please BE CONSISTENT.

• If there is nothing to fill that Field, Do not erase it just to irritate us.

• Better: Add an Instruction field to Contact delivery address. And fill the Purchase order Instruction Field automatically.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1099 Report Needs to Include Refunds (Needs to include ALL transactions of those contacts in those accounts). Basically, we were relying on the 1099 report and checking the contacts transactions in the 1099 report, but failed to realize that Xero is not including refunds. And therefore the data we were relying upon was bad.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. An alert/warning for when time allocated to a task within a project is exceeded

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?