Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4068 results found

1. Dispose of an asset in the next financial year without running depreciation to previous FY.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Unscheduled pay run - most of my unscheduled pay runs are paid on the day of creation.
    It would be good to be able to change the payment date to the actual date of payment instead of the date selected by the unscheduled pay run.

E.g. unscheduled pay run for the week ending 13th Aug has a payment date of 16th Aug yet payment may have been made on 18th Sep.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We have a lot of personal expenses (reimburseable) and no company expenses within our business - when employees input their expenses it defaults to company money.

Occasionally these slip through the net and aren't changed prior to approval.

Can we switch off 'company money' in expenses - or can we set 'personal spend' to be the default option?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great to make the tax rate (and account code) mandatory when creating quotes. This is a fail safe way of ensuring the gst is correct on quotes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate different businesses operate differently when setting up and approving deals. Some businesses specifically leave off detail from quotes for their own circumstance too. 

Imagine this'd need to be an optional org setting, and not something we have plans for right now but we'll get a sense of the interest here. 

5. We need to upload an Approval Matrix/Approval hierarchy with a scope depending on "Location" and "Total amount" with 2 levels of approvers for "Expense claims" (EC) & "Purchase Orders" (PO).
    With that, we are looking for automation on sending the EC & PO automatically by the system to the correspondent Approver depending on the scope through email.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your idea, Micaela. Expenses and Purchase Orders are quite different transactions types in Xero. 

We try to keep one idea per thread here so we can get a true view of the interest for that specific functionality. I've slightly adjusted the title of your idea to represent Expense Claims but welcome you to start another for Purchase Orders specifically where we can track that too 🙂

6. World like the ability to print the history of bank account number changes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to edit a note that you have entered

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There is currently no way of putting a default mark-up on supplier invoices that are being assigned to projects. Many of my clients have a set mark-up on all invoices, so the means that they are frequently entering the same information. This would be handy to have a default setting (with the options of it being overriden if needed) to stop having to do the same thing over an over.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi Community, we need to have the option to add a new line between the invoice instead to go to the bottom part of the invoice to create it, and then moving it where we need it, many times I need to add a line in a large invoice but to make it, I need to go down to the bottom part, add a blank new line and move it where I need. If we can just make right-click and add a new blank line where we need it, it will be easy to create or amend an invoice.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing, Jose. While not a complete solve for what you're asking here - atm, once you add a line you can then move this to wherever you'd like it to sit in the invoice. 

Just drag & drop from the 6 dots in far left column ij the new invoice experience. 🙂

10. Every month I publish, export and share reports with certain individuals. I would like to do this within Xero. I set up users who can have "View published reports" access. When I publish a report I can then select that report and choose which of these users I wish to share it with. The user is notified, can login to Xero and is then presented with a list of published reports that have been shared with them. It keeps all the functionality native to Xero.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Universal search should include Unreconciled Transactions Too.

We often search the amount of spend money or bill in universal search but we cannot find the unreconciled transaction through the Universal Search.

Kindly do something for this..

Many thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The recent changes to the contacts screen have done nothing but hinder our business. You have removed the "Payments in past 12 months" which is something we rely on heavily when managing our clients. There is now no way to see all payments by a particular client where there are credit notes applied or they have paid by different means (sometimes by card, sometimes DD and sometimes bank transfer) as we would have to search each account separately and manually pull out the credit note balances. Very laborious and this is information we use daily in our credit control procedures.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The previous Profit & Loss report allowed you to filter by multiple categories. There was an add t report function which allowed users to drill down into secondary categories and export ALL of the data into one report which showed 1. A P&L Summary, 2. Detailed expenditure for the chosen secondary category. The "Add to report" function allowed the user to export the entire category details as a whole.

For our business this is critical. We are a bespoke project based company and use this filter constantly & No the project feature does not work for our business....I have tried!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a line item/total for 'Awaiting approval' to the 'Bills you need to pay' section of the Dashboard.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. being able to sort by description on find and recode

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would love the ability to view the Journal entry created by each transaction, from the transaction itself (without having to leave the transaction to pull a journal report). QBO has this option and I find it very useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We use the search facility when trying to locate a previous invoice from a customer but the search doesn't show a summary of the items ordered (the "description" column) so could you perhaps add the "description" column listing into the search results when the down arrow is pressed that currently only shows the date and payment total. We find we need to go through so many invoices just to find the one which has a certain "product" customer ordered.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. After reporting a bug (can no longer preview contact files) I was given the following response :

"As you’ve found, right now it’s not possible to preview contact files anymore. You can however, download it and view it instead.
    I’ve included a link to Xero Product Ideas where you can view and support current ideas or create a new one to share your thoughts."

When something breaks you fix it. You DO NOT pretend that fixing it is a "New Feature" - that then needs requested and voted on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. it is very difficult to manually add a " pay template " every time when a new employee is added, so is there any shortcut for that? because when we have more joining every day then it is very difficult to manually add every time ordinary rate and overtime rate and other things again and again in a pay template. please update XERo as soon as possible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Could the 'overview' page of the contact show all the contacts/persons associated with a Contact Account, not just the 'first' one?
    We have 2 or 3 contacts/persons on most of our accounts, it would be nice to be able to see their names/emails on the company overview page, rather than having to click into 'Edit' to find these details.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?