Quotes - Autosave
Hi
Would love to see the autosave available for Quotes. Often my clients are distracted whilst creating Quotes and when they've navigated to another section (rather than opening a new Xero tab), the Quote disappears!
For one of my clients, his quoting is very detailed and this process takes valuable time which he'd rather not have to repeat if the Quote is no longer there.
Invoices are autosaved of course, once a Contact is entered, so I would assume that the same principle could easily be applied to Quotes....
Thanks!
Hi everyone, we appreciate interest from you all here in being able to adopt autosave into Quotes. Across the board there are mixed reviews from users that would, and those that would not like to see this enhancement across Xero features.
Right now, the current experience requires you to click Save on the quote before navigating to another screen in Xero.
We appreciate there are other contributing factors to the need here like session timeouts and internet connectivity.
Being upfront this isn't a feature we have roadmapped at this time, however our product teams are aware of the needs and interest of this here and will take this into consideration as they continue to plan the future of Quotes across Xero. If there are any plans to progress this we'll make sure to keep you all informed and updated through this idea. Thanks
-
Benjamin Breitenstein
commented
I want to echo the sentiments of recent posters. I recently lost 10% on the value of a $20k job because on my third attempt at writing the quote after having it disappear due to timing out, I forgot to set the values to 'Tax exclusive'.
This is a must-have feature and for those whom it poses a risk, let them toggle it off. Such a no-brainer and among all the baffling design decisions in Xero, this has to be the most frustrating.
-
Zac Thompson
commented
Any updates on this feature? like seriously every editor in use today incorporates an Autosave feature, if people don't want it do what everyone does and have an "Autosave On/Off" toggle button, I've spend endless house re-typing quotes because while typing up the the quote and researching parts costs etc its eventually timed out or reloaded and I've lost everything!
-
Graham White
commented
What could possibly be more important than saving all the work you have just put in to a quote? delete it if you don't want it anymore... auto save is a must and the lack of is possibly the most irritating feature of xero.
-
Vicki Carlisle
commented
Kelly comment on 10 July 2026 "Across the board there are mixed reviews from users that would, and those that would not like to see this enhancement across Xero features."
I haven't seen anyone saying they DON'T want Autosave, where are they?
-
Danielle Selby
commented
It would be incredibly helpful if Xero could automatically save Quotes while they are being edited (for example, every 1 minute or after a period of inactivity).
Currently, if a user is working on a quote and experiences a power outage, internet interruption, browser crash, or accidentally closes the window before manually clicking Save, all work completed since the last save is lost. This can be extremely frustrating and time-consuming, particularly for more detailed quotes.
If this functionality does not already exist, an auto-save feature that periodically saves a draft in the background would greatly improve the user experience.
Even an optional setting that allows businesses to enable or disable auto-save, or choose the save interval, would be a valuable addition.
-
Bryan Cartwright
commented
This is ridiculous. How on earth is this not a feature.... I have just lost a quote that I have spent a significant amount of time on from accidentally hitting the back button on my mouse. This isn't the first time either. Its absolutely insane that XERO don't at least offer a toggle on and off option for this feature to autosave quotes. Like seriously... how pathetic.
You have it for Invoices. Im looking elsewhere if this extremely simple and useful feature is not applied.
-
Robynlea Briskey
commented
Autosave Quotes
-
Justine Lustig
commented
Quotes should save automatically as drafts as you work, the same as invoices do.
Today I was building out a complicated quote with lots of extra detail and I was waiting for the customer to get back to me. Xero timed out and when I logged back in the quote was nowhere to be found.This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Once I've also accidentally refreshed the page and the quote was gone after.
-
Noel Hogan
commented
creating a save experience that'll suit majority of users?
You should not need the majority of users to make a comment or post here to have auto save as standard for quotes, as previous user commented that if this is not changed the users will look for alternatives, and as user @asher mentioned the stripe fees are extortionate, I have contacted some other companies but most are 1..3% for consumer and 2.9% for a business which is ridiculous -
Asher Niven
commented
I'm very close to canceling my account this is just not acceptable today!
Small business owners are busy and under stress.
The price we pay for the software it's just lazy!
Imagine no auto save on word
Take the money and run Xero
I am looking for new software!
Not to mention the robbery with stripe
Very unhappy! -
Noel Hogan
commented
I just spent 1 hour doing a quotation and it did not save, wifi may have been an issue , but at least if we had auto save some of the quote may have logged, this is not the first time this has happened. Please add this feature asap
-
Ian Joy
commented
We would like to have quotes autosaved while you are doing them.
Its happened so often that we lose a quote because it wasn’t saved before we closed it. All modern programs have autosave functions built in so I can’t believe it would be too difficult.
-
Neil Smith
commented
This would be a great feature, nothing more annoying than losing a quote & having to start again. Just had a power outage - few seconds but enough to lose the quote I had been working on.
-
Charles Robertson
commented
Hi, this feature would assist greatly.
-
Jenny Johns
commented
Hi. As a Xero Partner who often has to addresss this problem. I would urge everyone to make sure you're clearing your browsing history on a regular basis as I believe this makes a difference. Tangled up date can cause the page to crash in my simple way of putting it.
-
Darren Rudrum
commented
Im having a different problem. While in the middle of a quote , it totally disappears. This happens very often.
Im presuming it may be from a simple accidental finger swipe on the mouse and its gone. hours of work.
You must do something about this. Its un-acceptable. Autosave every 1 min . Solved -
Bradley Rose
commented
Autosave feature for quotes would be amazing. So often I will be logged out and lose information if I forget to save during a quote. A simple phone call can be a distraction, and it is so frustrating when I have to start all over again.
-
Paul Young
commented
I've just read down some of the comments and feel that this is only the tip of the iceberg in the amount of users that are dissatisfied with the response from Xero to setting up this feature. I can't believe that this hasn't been included on the quote feature yet it has been on the invoice.
I almost threw my computer out the window on Sunday after having to re do a quote 3 times. Even though I had saved it the first time but I hadn't saved the new contact it didn't save! I lost over 5hrs work and about which equates to about $500 in lost labour and 3 hours i should have been spending with my family.
It is impractical to have to be scrolling up to the top of the page every 10mins to save it and even 10mins of lost work is too much waste!
Come on Xero, you need to sort this out. Even at the least add a save button at the bottom of the screen?!
-
Ian Gilroy
commented
For me personally, I am disappointed in Xero, & no auto-save is driving me crazy and costing a lot of time.
-
Charles Robertson
commented
Hi Team, it would be most beneficial for us in small business if the auto save function could be implemented into the system, this would bring Xero in line with other cloud-based applications for example Microsoft 365
Yesterday I spent half the day on a large quote only to return after a break and the data was no longer present.