UK Payroll - Set time and day when scheduling payslips
I love that you can now schedule payslips but it would be much better if you could choose date and time rather than 1 day/2 days/3 days etc this is fussy, a calendar and time would be fanastic !!!!
Thanks for the great discussions here, just wanted to touch base to let you know we’re listening. The idea is still open and currently gathering support on Xero Product Ideas, so we don’t have a public timeframe to share right now. We’ll continue to keep a close eye on support here and update if anything changes.
-
Helen Mallett
commented
I love that I can schedule to send the payslip, but I'm having to change this every month based on when pay day is. I had it set up to send 2 days after posting the payroll, but as I'm doing the payroll today to be paid tomorrow this is not suitable.
A schedule date/time, or even the option to send payslips on the payment date, would be far more beneficial than having to change the schedule each month.
For now, I've turned it off and I set a reminder to send the payslips the day before.
-
Monica Gilbertson
commented
We want to be able to automate payslips to be sent out last working day of each month.
We ran payroll a little earlier this month and the payslips have already been sent out '5 days' after posting which is too early. Employees are now contacting me saying they haven't been paid (which they won't be for another 2 days) -
Helen Fletcher
commented
Yes please - choosing to send it in 1/2/3 days is not helpful at all as the dates change for days of the week each month. It seems this was implemented by someone who has never run payroll. We need to be able to process the payroll at our convenience and know that the payslips will be sent on pay day. The options need to include selecting a specific date or choosing last working day/ last Friday of the month etc. These are common payroll dates.
-
Sarah McLoughlin
commented
Yes, please to that! Other providers have the options it is such a faff to have to manually select the correct dates and times when you run payroll for many companies.
-
Aneesah Latif
commented
I agree, being able to select a date would be be beneficial.
-
Hazel Taylor
commented
I agree with everyone, we need a calendar with a time picker.
-
Kasia Pilecka
commented
I completely agree. I'd love to be able to choose the exact date and time rather than being limited to 1, 2, or 3 days in advance.
A calendar with a time picker would make this feature much more flexible. -
Emma Lawrence
commented
Yes please Xero! The scheduling that is in place now is not helpful. We want to be able to use pay dates please!
-
Clayre Campbell
commented
Currently you can only automate payslips to be sent based on when the pay run has been posted. I would like the option to send this on a specific time and date ie. on the actual payment date. Situation recently I posted the pay run 5pm the day before payment was made and using the automated schedule the payslip would not be emailed until 5pm on the date payment was made which would be too late for employees to receive.
-
Kerry Sturt
commented
Agree with all that selecting when they payslips are sent is crucial to us. We are moving from Quickbooks where this was standard.
-
Ivana Scott
commented
100% agree, payslips on payday please
-
Kate Livingstone
commented
There seem to be 2 threads asking for the same thing - please Xero can you combine them.
-
Kate Livingstone
commented
No brainer - payslips on payday. C'mon Xero!
-
Graham Milner
commented
Totally agree this update is a complete waste of time. I pay my staff on the 5th of every month why can't the pay slips be automated to go on a specific date?
-
Ann Mogg
commented
This to me would be a game chager as I have many payrolls to do and all require differing paydates. Some are the same each time so can be done early to save time but we need a choice of date not days in advance.
-
Nick Bennett
commented
Yup! Payslips on pay day please. Not when we do a pay run (which can vary with weekend overtime etc.). Every job I've ever had I've got my payslip on the day I get paid!
-
Mahmud Rouf
commented
UK Payroll - Automated payslips on a specific date.
Following up on the recent update to the new automated payslip feature which is still quite impractical.
Please can you add a feature to actually allow us to select a specific date the payslips go out, rather than the option to only be sent 1-5 days after posting date.
-
Samantha Mitchell
commented
Whilst the payslip automation feature has its uses - surely select a fixed date would be sensible? I run payrolls on different dates ahead of payday, if I am on leave for example I may run payroll more than a week before pay day - being able to schedule the payslip to go on payday makes most sense to me!
-
Julia Rebhan
commented
Who came up with this! Who wants payslips to be sent based on the day we do the work? It's the date they're going to be paid that matters! The day we process pay runs may vary month to month, so to pick a standard amount of days after that to apply to all future payslips being made available is so random.
-
Victoria Hibbs
commented
Totally agree. Its useful that you have added this feature but people process payroll on a different time each month and it depends on the day of the week as to when this should be sent to employees. Most organisations pay on the same day each month ie 28th and it would be so useful to have the payslips set for that same day rather than having to jump in and change the parameters each month. This is like half a solution to the problem