Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4140 results found

1. I love the Payroll Audit History on each employee, though I noticed it doesn't include history on the Employee Xero Me invited. It would be great to have a similar thread to when invoices are sent : date & time of sending and which email it was sent to.
    Employees frequently state they "didn't receive the invite", it makes the conversation easier if we can say, "we did, please check ___ email's inbox and junk for an email received at ____ time on ___day"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We are wanting to create a report for timesheet information for hours worked submitted by employees, that have been reviewed by their managers, i.e. rejected and unapproved overtime worked. The timesheet report only lists the paid hours. We would like to know the hours submitted by employees on their timesheets, versus the hours that were eventually approved and paid for. Are we able to create a custom report for this, to work out unapproved (as revised by the approver) overtime hours per employee, for a specific time period. This information is needed to do the BOOT test each year for…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In the classic invoicing history, we can see the date and timestamp, this is not available in the new invoicing - see attached screenshots.

We use this time stamp a lot for trouble shooting - like what time or XPM and what time was the invoice approved. This helps if there is an integration problem or double up, or payment query.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, to keep you updated of progress in this space. Our product team recently released an update so you can view more detail in history such as where an issue or due date has changed or total amounts of the invoice have changed and who these were made by. We have more improvements coming for history and notes in new invoicing and will share more as it's made available, here.

4. I would prefer that the dates displayed on the Payroll Activity Details & the Payroll Employee Summary reports are the beginning and of the pay period.
    I have found that some of my clients get confused with the way those reports are currently issued, using the payment date.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dear Xero HQ, appreciate if we could have the function to Export a Report on the Exchange Rates used for a period of time (in Excel Format). Thank You

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi 👋 - Is there a specific purpose this report would help with? 

Also to better understand the idea would this be on a client basis or across all clients that are managed by a practice? 

6. I occasionally log in on mobile to reconcile my bank feeds, via my browser (Firefox, but the problem existed on Chrome as well when I used that). Whenever you reconcile a payment and the auto-focus moves to the next payment, if there's not an invoice suggestion for the amount, the page zooms directly to entering 'Name of the contact' taking up the whole screen. You have to then pinch the whole view repeatedly to zoom out enough to see the option for 'Find & Match'.
    Why would manually entering a name be the default, and not 'Find & Match'? I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Management Report: Be able to save individual reports in the management report as custom reports. Currently only the pack can be saved as a custom report. If I have edited the profit and loss I cannot save this specific report to be used in other management packs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bcc Quotes and Invoices.

Our quotes and invoices do not show on our CRM when sent from Xero as we cannot Bcc them. Come on xero. Add Bcc for quotes and invoices

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Xero Inventory Plus should be an option, similar to Expenses and Projects, for any/all users regardless of roles. I need everyone on my team to see where our inventory stands.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change the Alternate Holiday accrual to days not hours. Legally when someone works on a statutory holiday they get to accrue 1 days alternate holiday, which is the hours that they would normally work when they take the day off, not the hours they worked on the stat day. It's misleading putting in hours instead of days, especially if every day if not an 8 hour day. Reports need to be run every time an Alternate Holiday is taken to ensure they still have that day available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When an employee works for multiple tracking categories within the business... Now, there is only one category that we can apply to in an employee card...however, sometimes, they work for more "tracking categories" ..it would be handy if we could select more category options while processing pay runs..

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Send purchase order from mobile app
    Frustrated as the platform needs tons of updates it’s terrible
    Can’t mark off paid jobs
    Can’t search for job name
    No job name on invoicing why simple things that should be available

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why is there a # in the invoice number field? I think only USA use this and it's annoying to everyone else.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Claire, I do want to confirm that the '#' symbol is only shown on the view of the invoice in Xero. You'll see once saved or approved only the symbols entered within the field are shown in the Invoice Number column on the list view and this field will show depending ono the branding styles applied to the sent invoice. 

14. Can Xero Auto populate the timesheets section from the standard hours, that you can then review and update there.

Can the standard hours set on the employees account auto populate the times sheet so when reviewing you are only working through and making the alterations and not adding them all in when this is very repetitive. It is currently faster to run a draft pay run and go into every payslip and make alterations which is frustrating.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, when an invoice get's sent to Xero, it goes into the Xero inbox. Usually, one needs to go into the attachement itself to view whether it's an invoice or a credit. Once inside the attachment, there's no option to create the bill from there directly. You must go back out, into the list of items in the inbox, click on the three dots to the right to create the necessary document. It would be helpful if we could view the attachement and create the necessary document via that screen, without having to come out of it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When sending an invoice to a new customer using the new invoicing you can only add one address line before the Town/City field. With the old invoicing you could add multiple address lines before the Town/City field (as you can also do with their Contact page and clicking edit).
    With new invoicing this is difficult. Every time you need to add an address to a new invoice going to a new contact within the invoice screen then you only have one address line above the town/city field.
    To add more address lines above the town/city field you need to amend…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to make groups from individual accounts in Budget Manager the same way you can in reports. This would be an extremely helpful ability if you were making consolidated budgets for multiple entities or "areas" within a single entity.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include staff rates / payroll costs / staff hourly costs in the profitability calculation used in the xero projects dashboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UK Bank upload: Please can you sort out the Bacs/faster payment facility in Payroll? It needs to be compatible with UK Banks to avoid having to manually enter 80 payments into the bank.....please please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Gross to Net Report (and payroll reporting more generally) to have the Tracking Category defined in the payroll setup.

We use Department. Could the tracking category be added in the same way this functionality exists in wider Xero reporting.

It is quite painful not to be able to summarise the payroll by the selected tracking category (department for us) and also to group together this way. The bigger the company gets, the less helpful the current functionality is

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?