Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4233 results found

1. I'm the accountant for a joint venture, we have a Xero file for the Joint Venture, and then another bookkeeping file for one of the participating corporations. There are an assortment of Due to/from transactions for the company and it creates a lot of double entry for me as I must record every transaction in both Xero files manually - it would be ideal if the files could be linked and the transactions made in one file auto generate in the other file.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We have made a sales invoice template that states the invoice is due 'on completion' however when we email this to the client the #due date is still visible in the header of the email which apparently can't be amended. The ability to take this off would be good otherwise there is no point in having an amendable sales invoice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We often change email, name, address and recipients for the contacts we have in Xero. We always send an email from outlook to confirm, it would be REALLY useful if we could send an email from Contacts in Xero to confirm new contact details. Dear Customer, thank you for advising us your new contact details, this is what we have in our system now.. please check and come back to us if you would like to make further changes.. etc something like that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be really useful to be able to create a report that included transactions from the Payable Invoice Detail BUT to include any mark ups included via the Projects Costs. i.e. I need to run a report for a client showing all costs on a project but ONLY what I have billed them i.e. the mark up cost not the net cost which the Payable Invoice Detail shows at the moment. If we could merge the two that would be very helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In our previous software we were able to do an advanced search to find specific information on our invoices located in the description field of the invoice. We have not been able to find this information in Xero. Please consider a search by description field be added as it is a very handy tool for our business and I am sure for many others alike.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Notifications bell alerts for new Expenses to review, however clicking on the notification only brings up the same message as a popup. The popup does nothing but display the same text.

It would be great if the notifications actually provided a link to take you to the Expense that needs reviewing, rather than having to navigate through the menu system to find Expenses to Review.

Screenshots provided of current notifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. the old invoicing system used to show the 'tracked inventory quantity available' when you were inputting the quantity data

can this be re-installed; I found it to be very useful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Lockout for chart of accounts on a per account basis - Similar to our current financial year lock dates.

The thought behind this one is isolating year on year loans for companies, such as where Div7a provisions apply (for AU), which would prevent allocation to these accounts in error.

Div7a, broadly, relates to loans to and from companies for individuals and for the ease of client use, we use accounts to track this in the form of YYYY - Shareholder Account. For the purpose of calculating, we require these accounts to be adjusted year on year with various accounting entries…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On the Bank rec (reconcile and transactions) and payables and receivables (all and awaiting) screens it would be helpful to have the "jump to page" also at the top of the screen to save having to scroll all the way to the bottom to move to the next page when I know that's where you need to go.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Having a check box when confirming each of the 'reconciliations' to automatically send a receipt for payment. This would be such a time saver, given that after reconciling 50+ bank payments daily you then need to enter each separate reconciled payment to send a receipt. Please bring this in!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Business dropdown menu

1. ‘Bills to pay’ link goes to ‘Purchases overview > All’, showing all Paid and Unpaid.
      This should go to Purchases overview > Awaiting payment’? The way it is now doesn’t seem logical, when we’ve clearly selected ‘Bills to pay’ not ‘Purchases overview’ or ‘See all’

2. Menu option to Invoices ‘Awaiting Payment’ going directly to all outstanding invoices?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. At this stage Xero doesn't recognise if an Employee is on Unpaid Leave.

Xero's default behaviour when an employee (that is assigned to a holiday group) submits a request for a period of Unpaid Leave spanning one or more public holidays, is to exclude those Public Holidays from the calculated Unpaid Leave hours.

This has the effect of allocating those Public Holidays as paid hours in a pay-run rather than as unpaid hours. This is not consistent with the Fair Work Act (https://www.fairwork.gov.au/employment-conditions/public-holidays/not-working-on-public-holidays)

If this is not picked up and adjusted before finalising a pay-run it can result…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Previously when making a payment once you added the payment it took you back to the awaiting payment screen (where it showed the name just paid and give you the option to send a receipt) now it takes you to the paid screen. This is a real pain when you are doing eft receipts for multiple clients.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Feedback - Projects: Reporting - Bills assigned to a Project

This is providing feedback on the new feature released in response to

https://productideas.xero.com/forums/939198-for-small-businesses/suggestions/44961406-projects-reporting-bills-assigned-to-a-project

Unfortunately, the issue has been closed for comments - which seems strange as this feature release is clearly a start and not the end of the road for this topic.

My feedback: Thanks for shipping this new feature. It is a good start, but only a start.

1. Most businesses have a large number of suppliers (& bills) that are overheads related and not project related. As such, these need to be omitted from the view to useful…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Daniel, and really appreciate your feedback in relation to the recent release and update of the idea you've linked - Feedback you share on our Status updates also get back to the teams involved so they've received your comments there too!

Not meaning to cut the curb the conversation, but we do sometimes need to make tough decisions of when to change the status of an idea.

It's great to get a fresh sense and understanding of interest in further improvements to this feature that our Projects product team can consider development for. 

I've slightly amended the title of your idea to reflect the abilities to search and filter within this view and it's really good to have this detail from you of the specific fields and ways in which you'd make use of this change. 

We'll begin feeling out the community interest on the idea here, and can…

15. I feel that there is a poor level of dialogue from Xero on these ideas. For the top voted topics - I'd like communication as to what they're doing to implement a solution (and if not then why not).
    For the ideas that are years old but still receive steady votes - what's happening?

If Xero have no plans to take on certain ideas then make it known.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, I appreciate feelings shared in not seeing traction as fast as you'd like to ideas you're interested across Xero Product Ideas. 

Our community team are pure advocates for our customers ideas internally, making sure these are shared and highlighted to the teams and individuals that can make a difference, and doing our best to get ideas reviewed and into our teams planning wherever possible. 

We receive ideas for incremental, and large changes to existing products, as well as for new features entirely. With so many customers the range of ideas coming from our users is large, and we cannot action all things at once. 

We try to be transparent in our communication and updates to ideas across the site, even if this means there is no current development planned for a feature. 

I can assure you the site here is a tool that all our product teams find…

16. I am a New Zealand sole trader and contractor for a company. I submit a timesheet, and they generate a IRD approved Buyer Created Invoice. They send me my payment with GST added, and witholding tax deducted.

There is no accurate way to extract the witholding tax from the final amount deposited to my account.

There is a hacky way, detailed here:

https://www.laurenson.co.nz/2017/09/accounting-for-the-tax-withheld/

But because Xero doesn't hold a high enough number of decimal places in the percentage field, the amounts are inaccurate by some cents each time. Which over the course of a year increases to a reasonable error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have the option to accrue leave on other pay items. ie. Saturday rate has to be set up with its own rate per employee as each employee is on their own rate for Saturday and isn't a "mutplication of the ordinary rate". This also needs leave to accrue on it.
    Spoken to Xero adviser and they don't have a set up for this yet.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be great if we could code annual leave to another account code other than salary and wages. Currently we manually journal these costs to another account in the ledger to separate them. This helps with reporting wages like for like.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bills - Split Payment in Several Planned Dates. Example: 1 Individual Bill of $25K in 3 differents planned dates.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. do you have a solution for SMSF and or people managing their personal financers
    don't need invoicing / payroll etc just the ability to record transactions for different parts of your personal finance.
    for example
    SMSF
    Family Trust
    Investment Property
    Personal Tax (donations, subscriptions etc.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?