Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4577 results found

1. Budgets are not working for us when using tracking categories. Ideally, I would like a single budget, but with the ability to add detailed line items by contract and revenue stream (our TC's). I have only managed to input budgets using the TC's individually - this means I would have 50+ budget veriosn when looking at the different compinations of contract and revenue stream whihc is not practical or manageable, especially when we start re-forecasting furthe along the year.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like to be able to bulk edit a select, small number of products and/or export them to CSV for editing and re-importing.

We have 4000 SKUs, and if I want to edit 20, a simple bulk edit feature would be very useful. The CSV is unmanageable and needs to be split up for re-importing. It makes a huge task when it needn't be.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Where the Xero bank account balance and the bank's account balance don't match, but the account has been fully reconciled, Xero displays both balances.

It would be good if Xero would also show the difference, ie, how much is the difference between Xero and the bank.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. View paid bills in the batch payment total insstead of each bill paid under the paid tab of the pay bills function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Account Watch List - have multiple lists available on the Dash board.

We have 2 venues (Tracked by categories) It would be good to have separated Watchlists to monitor what is happening at each venue rather than just a long list that is all jumbled up

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When I order Goods for inventory the cost of shipping is charged by the seller to me and itemised on the bill. From my perspective, this forms part of the cost of the products purchased on the same bill.

The COST price ought include specifically the shipping on inwards inventory (averaged over all the items on a bill) to calculate the cost price when the items are entered on inventory items.

How I do it today : I make a complex calculation of all overheads including shipping which is manually added to the cost price plus profit margin to make…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It is extremely common when re-selling goods, that a purchase of inventory is made in one unit of quantity, but when sold a smaller unit of quantity is used.

For example, you might purchase 1 whole box of something containing say 10 units, but sell the units in the contained units. For example, I buy plastic filament by the roll, containing a qty of N Kg, but when its placed on a customer invoice or quote, the qty is in grams. I buy by the Kg, and Sell by the gram. But others might buy ONE box of screws containing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow for contact navigation to left of screen more streamline

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. While in Dashboard and in a bank account, if I have a bank rule being used and you see it on the right with the vendors name, please add the gl acct in that same box so I can look at each gl account before I hit OK and save. Some vendors are used with different expenses so not seeing the particular gl acct makes me do extra steps by click on details and checking there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. On organizations you have using bank feeds, a pdf of the bank statement should pop up in Xero once the bank publishes them. QBO has this feature so easy to look at a bank statement while reconciling the account and will also show pictures of the cleared checks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The problem is if you set a deduction item in payroll on Xero it doesn't give option to pick P&L nominal account, where reimbursements to employees should be coded. The only work around are journals, which is ineffective when you have clients posting payroll themselves and they need management reports each month, so you have to reanalyze and repost their payroll.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have standing orders set up for multiple properties for water rates, business rates, electricity and rent all of which are invoiced quarterly/six monthly/annually.

Can we have the ability to create bank rules for supplier overpayments to a contact??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to exclude debit and credit amounts when copying manual journal

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Often we lodge our BAS/GST return with the ATO and subsequently find errors in coding of GST or need to add transactions. This means the balance of GST accounts changes and no longer agrees to the BAS that was lodged. Trying to reconcile what changes have been made is near impossible. This is problematic in the event of ATO audit as we need to be able to show full transaction support for the BAS lodged.
    Quickbooks Online has a great feature that deals with this. It generates the BAS, and once lodged you can click 'mark as lodged'. If you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In new invoicing the drop down issue date is today or tomorrow. I suspect "Yesterday" and "end of last month" would be helpful for lots of businesses who bill the day or month after a job is finished.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great if the awaiting payment area would allow more invoices to be shown, currently it only allows up to 200. Or if it had the ability to save the invoices you've selected for payment and you could go to the next page without loosing the invoices you had already preselected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sarah, there is a limit of including 50 invoices in a single batch deposit atm. Is there any commonality between invoices that you pay that could possibly be searched and bring them into the one page?

17. Direct Payments - Change of status - Scheduled to Paid

Currently within 'Manage direct payments' the Status doesn't change on future dated payments once they've been paid. ie. Once a scheduled payment is made change the status to PAID.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. BETTER WORKFLOW FOR QUOTES/DELIVERIES/INVOICING:
    If we could get the actual flow for how the paperwork per Job can be produced!

1.I always start with a QUOTATION: this doesn't always need to be sent to a customer at all as it could be raised by way of a telephone conversation, etc,et. This is logged as a Job manually in a Workbook.
    2.If the customer agrees and some do use PO numbers then when we go to accept/confirm, this is when we need the ability to enter Their PO number or some other confirmation that can be proved, this may take the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reduce the lag in items column when searching, it takes too long to search, sometimes up to 4secs! Please also change the location of the pop up message "default contacts have been applied", as when I start a new invoice the pop up message appears in the bottom left, but I'm trying to look at my contact info and enter items. The pop up box lingers too long and covers the information I need to read! This is frustrating every time when creating multiple invoices and I have to "x" the pop up message away each time, which then causes…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback here, we're currently working on some updates to the line item grid where you enter the detail of your invoices and the 'Item' field is located. Part of the work the team are doing in this space should also address issues you've noted in the loading of items when you're invoicing.

We'll keep you updated of this change here.

20. New Invoicing Autosave function - Does not work in Edit Mode

When you create a new invoice the autosave function is there.
    However, if you approve an invoice and then try to edit it, then the autosave is not there and you must manually click update.
    Can you please make this feature more consistent. Either everything is autosave or not autosave. Having some aspects will create confusion and lost data

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?