Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4576 results found

1. Please automatically remove archived contacts from any previous groups, or show those groups on the archive page. the new group invoicing keep including archived contacts and showing errors. the only way to remove people from groups is to restore them, remove them from groups and the archive them again. with over 1100 contacts this is a mammoth task and one i don't have time for. it was all working fine before you changed to new invoicing, you made the problem, you should make the solution.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. i would like to that when you have made a superannuation payment through Xero, that it creates a bill, with a screen shot or a list of employees that has been paid. will make it easier for when you have an audit.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Need to reduce line spacing on Exported to PDF Reports - I use the Budget Variance Report, which is perfectly suitable for my needed. The on-screen display is fine, but when exported to PDF, the line spacing increases so that the exported report goes onto extra pages, and the report is too spaced out.

The Export to PDF needs to format to the same as what is displayed on screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would be really useful to be able to run a report of employee’s birthdays.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The new invoicing doesn`t transfer the "Reference" field information to the email area and I have to retype this every time. The previous version just transferred it all. Now this means more work, having to input the reference three times in the process
    Also there is no confirmation anywhere that the files I attach are being sent. If you PREVIEW it does not show the files anywhere ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Switch Banks from the left sidebar. People need to go to Dashboard, click a bank, then have access to the drop down menu of banks, but this is slow and not as useful as having all the banks and credit card accounts listed on the left sidebar with ability to switch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make the banks (like American Express) see how they need to fix their systems. It's not your fault transactions don't match up. The banks need to improve their data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MFA - Can you guys have the cursor default into the text box when entering the 2FA. EVERY SINGLE TIME I get the code and start typing, only to find I have been typing into thin air. Then I click in the box, type it again, but the 2FA has timed out. Start again.

Please save me a week of my life by defaulting the cursor position into the 2FA text box. I know it is just a click of a button, but this feature could save decades of productivity across all Xero users, and it could be you that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can we drill down into the history lines by date to see the actual changes/edits or whatever was done for individual invoices? This would enable a clearer picture for future scrutiny.
    My client couldn't work out what had been done and neither could I . All the history said was 'edited' by an employee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Where have the GST due dates gone from the new GST Return layout?

Also would it be viable for Xero to default no GST for transactions up to a certain date considering some businesses are registered from any point during a month.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the new Fixed Asset Register it would be extremely helpful if I could enter my chart codes to set up the asset accounts then 'tab' to the next piece of information instead of having to click onto the account to have it enter into the field. For accountants who use their charts day in and day out and have them memorised, having to manually select the code is a right pain! Some of these new improvements you are making are really causing extra time for us to be able to do our jobs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Tracking category—I would appreciate being able to create a report that lists the number of times a particular tracking category is allocated in a particular time frame.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Is it possible when setting up an item to have a fixed department code assigned. This is time consuming to always have to add this extra code when the item is tracked by both.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There is an issue in payroll where you will get a rounding error due to other pay items such as Leave/Holiday.

e.g. Salary £12,570 per year
    Paid in May the calculations are as follows:
    1685.692935=£956.41308 Rounded: £956.41
    5.692935=£45.54348 Rounded: £45.54
    8*5.692935=£45.54348 Rounded: £45.54

Total = £1047.50084 Rounded Total: £1047.49 instead of £1047.50

This should be corrected somehow to use the correct number before rounding as the final calculation. The rounding can either be ignored from the line items, added to the first line item (the total pay) or added as a new line item specifically for the rounding…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Xero calculates VAT on a line by line basis and rounds up at every instance. This leads to the VAT amount sometimes being more than a few pennies over the top of what it should be.

I propose that Xero calculates VAT to 3 decimal places, which will mostly eliminate this over payment to the VAT man and overcharging our customers. Or it only calculates VAT at the end of the invoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There is currently an option for a DEA to be table based when setting it up, however this doesn't do any of the calculations for the DEA. Instead, they need to be calculated manually & entered as a fixed amount. There is also no way of keeping track of the amounts deducted until the total has been paid within Xero, this also has to be done manually. This can especially be difficult if the employee's pay varies each period.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Xero subscription invoices added to Files
    When you email our Xero subscription invoice, please email it to our Files. (Or at least give that to us as an option.) We shouldn't have to forward our Xero invoice to our bookkeeper. The file should already be waiting for the bookkeeper within the software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Background: We are a chapter-based organization with almost 50 chapters. Each chapter is a 501(c)3 organization and uses Xero as its accounting software, meaning each one is treated as an individual organization in Xero.

Every week, as the PM, I need to report on the health of each individual chapter. Currently, this process involves me manually switching into each organization's dashboard, checking if their bank is synced, identifying any unreconciled transactions, and recording the date of the oldest unreconciled transaction. This currently costs me ~1.5 hours per week.

Purpose: A report that would allow users the ability to extract KPIs…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When paying bills through Xero there should be some warning box to state this will not take money from your bank account. This will be recorded in Xero however you will need to make payments from your bank account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to run an aged payables and receivables report showing the invoices in the currency they were uploaded in, either in one report or separately.

Purpose: Because some organisation make their sales and purchases in a different currencies, so it’s beneficial for them to run these reports showing what is is they are owed and what is owed in the currency it was bought in.

9/10 we, and most businesses, will pay and be paid in the currency the invoice is in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?