Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4578 results found

1. It'd be great to keep using Xero in our sister company in Saudi, but there is currently no facility to translate the forms into Arabic. Why can this not be done at the click of a button? It's great that you have links to bank feeds and that's a function that's sadly missing in the Zoho Books software that we're currently having to use.
    PLEASE look into this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Unallocated leave. The only leave an employee should be allowed to create is leave that has been allocated to them. Unpaid leave if it has been created is automatically an option for all employees despite them not having it allocated to them. And thus the employees choose that leave which also requires no approval, which should also be a thing, why can employees automatically give themself unpaid leave without manager approval? So 2 changes above that I'd like implemented

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be very useful to be able to print the list of the results that are generated by the "Find and Recode" function. I use this option for other reasons than just recoding. It is an easy place to find out what tracking categories, account codes and taxes were used for each transaction. Narrowed down by a date etc. Currently, I can see them but cannot download them or create a spreadsheet from them!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. New Xero Activity Statement Report

It would be great if the new activity statement report automatically converted standard BAS to simpler BAS when importing into Xero Tax like the old ones has done for ages. We don't like having to produce two different types of reconciliations within our practice because then there are two different ways of doing things, which confuses junior staff. We want Xero to make things easier and automatically import the needed data as the old activity statement report does.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When pasting content from a Word document that has bullet points and other basic formatting, this formatting is lost and you end up with one large block of unformatted text.

All our invoices have terms and conditions pasted in depending on the application of our products. We have to switch to Classic Invoicing where the formatting functionality still works, before sending the email to the customer, .

Please resolve this urgently before phasing out Classic Invoicing.

An example image is attached with a short portion of our terms and conditions to show the non-existent formatting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We are after a report which shows the leave accrual rates for each individual employee in bulk report. I know we can view each individual employee by clicking on their leave balance and looking at the "Hours of leave accrued annually by a full-time employee. However for businesses with a large number of employees, this is very time consuming, therefore we would like a bulk report we can run to view all employees accrual rates in the one report.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently Hubdoc rounds unit prices to two decimal points, despite Xero itself allowing multiple. Invoices where we record units/unit price are unable to be correctly recorded in Hubdoc due to this errant rounding.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In Projects - the tasks we add 'time entries' to and then invoice are set up in "Products and Services" screen. We would like the description entered in the "Products and Services" screen to flow through to the invoice when a "Tasks and expenses" invoice is raised. Currently only the Task Name goes into the Description box on the invoice but this is not adequate to send to the client. Typing over the top of the description is a waste of time and we do not want the time entry description to flow through as this is often too brief…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Payment Summaries in STP - Copies of prior years.

• It would be helpful if we could retrieve copies or make reprints of prior year payments. This is particular helpful where a new client comes on board, and you will not have history on files.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When preparing monthly CIS returns on xero you need to create a bill for the subcontractor and reconcile/mark the bill as paid. When you have clients that have on average 80 to 120 subcontractors the bill creation even with a bill template can be time consuming.
    Something to consider is whether creating a bill could be removed from this process and the CIS return be prepared simply from a spend money to a CIS enable contact.
    Also something else that can be time consuming when dealing with this volume of subcontractors is downloading the monthly CIS payment certificates as clients…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. To have a report which shows the conversion date of a quote to sales invoice, i.e. showing the conversion date, quote number and sales invoice number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To have the option to make the selection of an item code compulsory when issuing a sales invoice from Xero.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Where payslips are emailed to an email address that is invalid and returns a kick back message.
    Xero to forward kick back message or advise Payroll ID that sent emails out of a problem for an employee's email so that invalid email can be investigated and amended.

We also use Xero Me for employees however not everyone sets this up on receipt of invite and just prefer to receive email advices.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New Invoicing has switched the position of Add from file library and Upload files. Whilst this may seem a small change, users are familiar with the order from left to right and I personally keep clicking the wrong one. Changing this order has no streamlining purpose so can it please be changed back?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New Invoicing - Due Date: entering +0 currently records the due date as 7 days from invoice date. This feature is useful when due date is same as invoice date. All other numbers work (eg +5, +6, +7 etc) but +0 does not. Please fix this.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Quick return from me here, Lita. I can confirm our team are working on enabling more keyboard shortcuts for the date field in new invoicing which includes the ability to enter +0 in the Due date to copy the Issue date of the invoice.

We'll move this over to working on it and I'll confirm once it's live so you can use it 😊

16. Xero offers users the ability to select between cash-based accounting and accrual-based accounting for financial reports. However, a major problem is that the inventory sales reports are based only on accrual-based accounting. This means the financial reports and inventory sales reports are never consistent. Please add the ability to run cash-based accounting reports for inventory sales (sales by item, etc.).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cancel a Draft Invoice from Invoice Screen (rather than delete which loses the invoice number). Another user made this same suggestion and the Xero response was to hit the delete button and they then closed down the comments/voting option. However, her point was that if you cancel out of the invoice then the invoice number you cancelled out of is still usable, whereas hitting delete means the invoice number is no longer usable. Why has the cancel button been completely removed and only the delete function is now there.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate you raising this again, Tom. While it's possible to Delete a draft invoice as new invoicing has autosave built in it's not possible to just cancel out without saving once a contact has been entered.

We'll keep track of the specific interest for this here, and I have merged the original idea that was created around this in with this one.

18. So simple but not available. To record an absence i.e. sickness (unpaid) IN DAYS and to have a simple report showing dates and number of days sick.

The payroll reporting is so seriously lacking in all areas

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The leave process is not flexible enough. Once a request is approved, it can't be changed - only declined which is incorrect. Need to be able to amend/delete after approved. There should be the option to book as days not hours as our employees have day entitlement, this should also be able to be shown on payslip as days remaining. Why also is the leave balance report not being opened to UK

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reconciling funds - I need to be able to save Reconciling items while I'm half way through reconciling.
    eg - I receive large amounts via bank statement - eg $16,000. That $16,000 will be made up of 10 holiday home bookings. Then I break down each booking into cleaning, credit card fees, our company commission, Airbnb commission, etc etc. Sometimes there may be up to 80-100 lines of items. Currently I can not save and it is really frustrating as it can take an hour to do and then if I have to leave or can't reconcile I need to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?