Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4578 results found

1. NZ GST - Why does the Late claims tab now show all adjustments made - even those with no GST on them. I only want to see the ones affecting the GST.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like to request the Xero add the feature to be able to approve and send customer invoices even when they have reached there credit limit in the new invoicing. Currently this feature is available in the classic invoicing of Xero. Xero are forcing everyone to move to the new invoicing from September 2024.
    We use an external software for our customer invoicing and then import these into xero the following day after the sale has occurred and email the invoices to the customer. Moving to new invoicing currently means that for any customer that is over the credit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I normally add a copy(email download or photo) of any bill when loading it to Xero. It is easy to do with emailed bills but lets say a coffee bill, can take a lot of time. (Taking a photo, email it, download it and add it)

It would have been nice taking a photo of the bill through the Xero app to load it as a bill, from your phone.
    If a owner operator buy something it would make it easier just going into the app, go into bills, take photo and load it there and then... done. (I am…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As Payroll administrator, once I have opened a timesheet for a period, it would be great to have an employee selection box (similar to what is already in the Employees section of Payroll) so I can approve each timesheet on the open timesheet screen rather than having to go back to Timesheets and select the period and the next employee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to hide the VAT line from below the subtotal on the 'Invoice email' template. I can hide it on the 'Invoice PDF' but not on the 'Invoice Email'. I'm not VAT registered so it currently says VAT 0%. But thus may look confusing to my customers. I would rather it was either hidden or removed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. CIS Deductions need to show at the bottom of the invoice on advanced invoice templates as seen on the standard invoice template.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When reconciling the bank, I always like to start with 'quick wins' and attempt to reconcile the suggested matches first. After the recent improvements, surely it now makes sense to add a filter on the bank feed reconciliation screen to 'show lines with suggested matches'?

(This software coding must already exist because there is an option on the cash coding tab to 'Show lines with suggested matches' like in the screenshot)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For some reason "standard users" cannot see Manual Journals in the accounting menu.

Please allow standard users to access Manual Journals from the Accounting menu rather than having to go to reports. Its just a time waster.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to see the ability to accept/decline a draft quote without having to mark as sent in the new quote. thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sales planned date like in bills to pay so we can select date invoice should be paid to us. Will help with overdue invoices and planning cash flow

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Claire, you can add an expected payment date from the Awaiting payments list in Sales. Appreciate it's not quite possible from the individual invoice itself atm so have slightly updated the title of your idea here. If there's any plans of adding this here we'll let you know.

11. When approving staff expenses I am facing difficulty selecting the correct ledger account (when I need to make adjustments) as the name of the account is cut off in the options list. Please see the screen shot attached. Even once I select an account number I can not easily see if it is the correct account as the full name is cut off again (again see the screenshot) and I have arrow to the end to read the full account name. Allocating items to the correct ledger account is the fundamental and crucial function of accounting and at the way…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The contact card has a drop down box where you can create a NEW invoice/bill etc. Please could RECEIVE MONEY be added to this shortcut?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Proposal for Centralised Contractor and Client Management System -

Objective:

The goal is to develop a comprehensive, centralised management system that consolidates all necessary contractor and client information into one accessible platform. This system will ensure compliance with legal requirements, streamline data management, and enhance efficiency within the construction industry.

Current Challenges:

1.  Fragmented Data Storage: Health and safety policies, training matrices, HSE prosecution histories, accident incident ratios, and accreditations are currently stored in multiple locations, leading to inefficiencies and potential compliance risks.
    2.  Lack of Integration: Existing software, such as Xero, while useful for financial management and maintaining a
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently there is the inability to edit one payment in a batch deposit that was created from the Reconcile screen without dismantling the entire batch (with Unreconcile, and then Remove and Redo). If the batch Deposit is created from the Invoice screen and one line item needs adjusting, we have and option to Edit Batch. This allows for removing one line item of the batch but preserves the remainder of the batch (less the removed line item). Please add the Edit Batch function to batch deposits created in the Reconcile screen too! It is a big pain point when you…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to be able to select the leave types in the leave balance report. As at today it gives you all leave types in the report. You cannot filter either as it only allows filtering of amount, employee group and units.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. completing a cert IV in accounting and bookkeeping you have to become a user for approximately 10 different companies. Therefore once you have finished your course they sit in your My Xero, the only way to remove yourself as a user it to do each one, can you have an option to remove yourself as a user for multiple companies in one step.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi there,

Most clients cannot accept 'DRAFT' quotes, and not all clients like to be emailed through Xero (how you turn it non-DRAFT currently).

Please can you add the same functionality as an invoice where you can accept, save and export it so we can email non-DRAFT quotes to clients and keep communication on our systems/in the format they like?

THANK YOU

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be good if we have an option to recode item codes in bulk within invoices or bills using fine and recode option

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would it be possible to set up repeating projects? IE if I do the same work for a client each month to save me keep setting up a new project could I choose for it to be a repeating project?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We deal with many businesses where goods are dispatched and then their head office are making payments

It would make it a lot easier for us and our clients if this feature was added to Invoicing

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?