Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4581 results found

1. The relocation of ‘edit’ on the drop down feature of options within invoicing.

Reason being, it is far too close to ‘copy’ and on a couple of occasions whilst invoicing I have selected ’edit’ rather than ‘copy’ which has caused some cash flow issues and time explaining to clients where the issue has arisen.

By simply separating them on the drop down would eliminate the accidental selection. Once selecting ‘edit’ or ‘copy’ the only difference is once changes invoice number and the other doesn’t.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Pretty simple.

I would have thought it is easier to hold onto existing customers, rather then lose them in favour of new customers.

Xero, please look after your current customers.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Automated bank rule reconciliation.

A choice for a bank rule to be automatically reconciled - once created a option to select if you wish for the bank rule to be reconciled to remove the need for manual reconcile.

This would be ideal for monthly direct debits and standing orders e.g. bank charges, drawings

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. URGENT!!!! The new invoicing is quiet frustrating. It doesn't remember past settings when emailing the invoices. So now I need to remember EVERYTIME I send an invoice to click 'send me a copy', which I know I'm going to forget especially if I'm in a rush.

ANNOYING!!!! There's an added step now to attach a pdf. I now need to click add files then drag the pdf, instead of simply dragging it and clicking to send with invoice or not.

It would be good if the Save & Close button had and 'Email for Approval'. I email invoices (unapproved). Once…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for continuing to share back through this idea. Right now, as you may have seen in updates to some other ideas - our team are developing the line item grid where you enter detail of your invoices. This will encompass reduced padding and smaller pixels to condense details and help you see more information in one page without as much need to scroll which will help with the feedback you've shared here.

We'll keep you updated of this release here.

5. new sales invoice freight price defaulting to end of line after cents, all other lines default to beginning of price. i.e $30.00 freight you just enter as $30.00 HOWEVER with the freight line goes to end of cents so if you are not careful you enter freight as 0.0030 in error.
    see file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ian, are you tabbing across to this field or entering the cursor of your mouse? If you have an inventory item saved as 0.00 and you click the cursor into this field depending on where this is sitting it could click into the cents.

I'd maybe recommend trying to resave the item in your products and services with either the common rate you'd have for freight or leaving this as no price for sales to see if this helps the trouble you're having here with this item.

I see you've also come into support on this which sent you here, however if you continue to have the same trouble I'd recommend coming back into the team and asking them to take a closer look at the item you're having trouble with as this does seem a little out of the ordinary.

Let us know how you get on.

6. Given that we are now can add employees into different tracking/groups on Xero.
    It works well when we post a pay run and it puts all transactions in Wages expenses, super expenses, PAYG W and super payable, but not Wages Payable. Seems odd that it doesn't.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Payroll Overview Dashboard - Can you please make this editable so that it can be customised to what details we want to see at an easy glance? Also the Calendar populates all 'holidays/public holidays' regardless of what state/country you're in. This should be customisable so that you can opt to only have your relevant holidays shown.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A way to mark contacts as " preferred suppliers",( traffic light colours?) and a way to attach a document to this contact such as a hire agreement/ contract/ agreed rates/insurance documents etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When using quotes. When you go to a line in the description that already has information in it to change it or amend something, it highlights everything in blue and when you go to type/add/remove something, even if you think you have the cursor in the right place, everything that is in there disappears and you have to start again. This is very frustrating when there was a lot of information in there. you have to make sure you double or triple click it till the blue highlighting goes away before you type. it is very time consuming. This doesn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When invoicing, i usually do in large batches. The save and close function should be second, with save and add another first. Or have the option to edit so it comes first for me?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your feedback and what would help you in the new invoicing experience. Currently our team are looking at possible keyboard shortcuts for drop down fields within new invoicing that'd enable you to more efficiently choose the action that was most suitable for you. As this firms up and we can give more detail of what this looks like I'll keep you updated, here.

11. I would like to evaluate cash flow by project. To be able to see when cash was received and payments made for each project. It will be a useful tool to manage a project and decide when to invoice and to know when we are funding projects from our own cash. At present there isn't a report which I can run to see cash flow by project. Could you please consider building one. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have to travel to various different countries and if the expenses are not paid via our default EUR balance in WISE, then Xero would not allow to select a different balance than the default one.
    For example, an Uber ride in Kenya is paid in KES and seemingly always converted from a USD balance, which is not our main balance. When trying to reconcile, this has to be converted to EUR even when it was paid with USD balance. Loops and hurdles!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, when you assign a leave type to a new employee, for all leave types other than annual leave and personal leave you have to go into that leave type on the employee card and manually change the leave settings to what should be the default for all employees. For example, RDOs should always be paid out on cessation of employment, but the default setting is "not paid out", and I cannot change the default setting, only each individual's settings.

I should be able to set what the default settings are, to reduce the likelihood of stuffing it up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be fantastic to have the ability to add a web link or QR code to a Googe review page or other external link (website, facebook etc).
    When an invoice or receipt of payment is sent it would be great to follow this up asking for client to give feedback on service provided or to have them follow along on social media etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can we have options to backup Hubdoc files to OneDrive for Business/SharePoint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fixing issues with holidays and making pro-rata holiday calculations automatically
    Calculate starting holiday allowance from the starting date of the employee for new employees joining throughout the year.
    Calculate final holiday allowance based on the end of employment date when employees leave.
    Since Xero knows the holiday hours per year and the working patterns, it has everything it needs to calculate this.
    If an leaving employee has taken too many holidays before they leave, it is important to ensure the leave is negative.
    Furthermore, at the end of the year the employee should be given the option to carry over…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I want to be able to add notes to rules I setup, but I don't want to use the description field as that shows on the books. I like to know why I chose not to set a tax rate on a rule, or if the business owner has told me something specific about a re-occurring transactions that they may not always provide a receipt for. I would like to have something to look back at so that I understand why I set it up as I did. Hopefully that makes sense?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Layout of invoices with subtotal breakdowns for various VAT rates. To be able to present multiple subtotal amounts before various types of VAT are applied to the invoice. I have included an altered pdf file as an example of what you would want to see on the invoice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If you type a number that is used on the invoice such as a ticket number
    in the search bar the invoice will come up that the ticket is on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Natalie, to understand a little more around your idea here. When you mention ticket number - is there specific field you'd enter this sort of information in the invoice. for example would you have the ticket number in the reference field or perhaps the description?

20. I believe that this is a must, and an easy fix for Xero - please could we have employees in alphabetical order of their surname? This is such a basic requirement. I have spent my whole accounting / payroll career using surnames in alphatecal order, that it came as such a culture shock not to be able to do so in Xero - I very nearly didn't subscribe to the payroll module, and I may yet cancel it.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?