Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4584 results found

1. Number of fields for projects is really poor, I need a tracking category added to projects so for example we can have four different types of projects which I want to categorise in the initial project set up. When costs and revenue are then allocated to this project it's also automatically allocated to the tracking category associated. At the moment I'm having to manually allocate to every transaction. Would be made easier if like sage they had a copy above function but we don't even have that either, so clicky!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a more detailed bank transaction report.
    It would be nice to generate a bank report that allows you to see the accounts booked in details. For example, if one transaction has multiple accounts, I can see what accounts where used and what amount. this would make it a lot easier to look over and control if you made some mistakes or did not included bank fees in the transaction.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have invoices that have a fixed due date, e.g 4th of the month, and would like invoices to be generated, and dated, a fixed number of days (e.g. 7) before this.

WHen it's not near the end of the month then setting the invoice date and the due date to be 7 days after is fine. The issue arises when the invoice dates cross a month boundary as the varying number of days in the month makes this awkward. I either need to accept a movement in the due date or set the due date to be fixed and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have multiple clients who have members. They like to keep their members date of births on file, so they can send them birthday emails, or if they are over a certain age can get a discounted membership. It would be great to have either a dedicated date of birth field, or like some other accounting softwares a few open fields, that we could name per file, for additional required details, like date of births, member types, allergies, voting member etc. I'm sure these fields could be useful for other types of businesses as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm invoicing for June, and I'm clicking "add last items" so that I can copy and paste the descriptions, and it added the items from the last paid invoice and not the last invoice - I know because the last invoice had line items for May, and it added the line items from April. The May invoice for the client I'm invoicing is still open but the April one is paid and closed.

I just want the thing to do what it says on the box.

(I'd also like for there to be fewer than 7 different font/size/colour in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be useful if we could search for invoices/suppliers/amounts/Invoice references in all organisations listed within our Hubdoc portal. Meaning one search bar that searches all organisations, no just the one that is open at the time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be very useful if we could upload any supporting documentation for invoices or bills as attachments in Hubdoc. At the moment, I upload the invoice in Hubdoc and then have to add any supporting documentation in Xero directly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Send an email when a draft invoice (or bill) is created automatically.
    When a draft invoice is created automatically, I want to be notified. By definition/design, it needs human attention before getting approved and issued. So I would like a human to be told it has happened.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Moving employees from Part-time to causal or visa versa without deleting them!

The Solve: Just have a date range/calendar within their employee info for what classification of employee they are during that date range.
    Transitioning employees causes undue messiness of information, which is counter to the point of the software. You have 2 employees that are the same person. Which also counts towards how many employees a business has for xero pricing purposes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to have a permanent message on the payslips for the casual employees as they receive casual loading and it has be typed into notes every week on their payslips. Its time consuming having to type the information every pay week.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I recently encountered and failed a question about user invitation, which I have used many times without problem. Quite why the learning organisation has increasingly focused on sequence recall rather than book-keeping, is something of a mystery. Good software should be intuitive where there is no need to remember the exact order of clicking presented options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Given there is an option to 'Export Accounting Data' in 'General Ledger format', why is there no corresponding facility to Import in 'General Ledger Format '? I have a client with many problem transactions locked by accountants. The solution is to start again with a copy of the accounts, which involves splitting the exported data into several different import templates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As the automatic journal for payroll is not able to be viewed before posting to accounts, we should have the option to turn off automatic journals. Currently, we have to post, then go back and do another journal to split out ER NI & Pension for different departments. This system is so unflexible.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  10 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As we already have two tracking categories used for our accounts, we are not able to set up Employee Groups for payroll!!!
    Employee groups should be in Payroll as Standard.
    Be better if Payroll was a standalone package.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I create an invoice. When ready, I send by email. This brings up a template. I add detailed explanation to this, sometimes several paragraphs. Occasionally I need to go back to the invoice. If I close the email, this is not saved and Ihave to start again (the invoice itself is saved as a draft). Also, I often swipe up or down to go to the top or bottom of the email. Often it then disappears down and it is gone. I then gave to start again.

Why not save these emails in a draft format, along with the invoice?…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make an invoice pdf downloadable from a mobile device.

I get invoices from a supplier via email but it's only viewable as a PDF on a desktop, this stops me from being able to send the invoice to Dext.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i would like to add a user with same profile to a number of organisations at the same time rather than individually access each company in Xero

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be amazing if its possible to increase the Character Limit for notes within Timesheets, as we have staff that complete up to 3 jobs a day and they are unable to include all tasks completed for each client as there is a limit at this stage

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reinstate access to NZ Annual Report template for non-partner small business users. The NZ Annual Report template has been available to non-partner users for at least the last six years but has now been removed from the reporting templates available to non-partner users. For small businesses that prepare their own accounts the Annual Report template was very useful and time saving. Making it unavailable only has the effect of making us spend a heap of time re-building it outside of Xero or forcing us to waste money paying an accountant to do something Xero has previously enabled us to easily…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thanks for getting involved here and letting us know the importance around being able to see the details whenever an invoice is sent from Xero. We understand the importance of this to our customers and our product team are beginning to review this idea to solve needs in this space. We'll move to Under review and I'll let you know as there's more progress here. Thanks

• Don't see your idea?