Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4653 results found

1. Xero Workpapers needs to be able zoom in on the attached documents instead of downloading to be able to view clearly

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. GST Reconciliation report to work using the Simpler BAS option. It doesn't seem to pull anything that's already been filed/finalised through using this report

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When entering information on time sheets for employees, the ability to hit "next" to move onto the next employee once you have approved the time sheet rather than having to go back out to the main timesheet menu, find the appropriate timesheet on the drop down list & go back in to enter the timesheet for the next employee.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When generating the Payroll Activity Summary report, it would be good if I could select certain employees.

Currently you can only choose an individual or all employees.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hiya everyone, as you may have seen we've released a new version of the Payroll Activity Summary report for AU and UK versions of Xero payroll. While it's still not possible to select multiple individual employees to run in this report, what you can do is run the report for an Employee group.

At this time we don't have plans for developing the ability to select and run the report for multiple employees, however we'll continue to track this here and update if there's any progress.

5. SureIy this would be a no brainer??

I'd like an option to download PDFs with a password automatically added.

The password could be added in the company setting pages with the option to download "Protected PDF" when you print a report.

This feature seems so simple to create and i'm not sure why it hasn't been thought of.

This would also save us having to do this manually with every report sent to a client.

Please set this up at it would be a great option for bookkeepers and accountants.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To import individual time entries from projects to payroll timesheets, at the moment this only comes through as a bulk time for the day, you then have to manually add the time to the particular pay item if you use more then one pay item. Very frustrating and time consuming, would be nice to have this automated.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In Xero financial statements, it can obviously detect whether an item is negative or positive, as you can group items as assets or liabilities based on the value.

Can we get context dependent wording then too? Especially for Income (Loss) type totals?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I haven't yet been able to determine what order checks print selected bills in, and they seemingly change their sort order if you select them to print again. Is there a way to control the order they print in to come out alphabetically by payee, so that we can more efficiently match them up to the letters they need mailed out with? Or, have a way to select how you want them sorted (i.e. by payee, memo, etc.) on the Pay by Check screen when printing multiple bills?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Linking Purchase Order to Bill

Purpose: To copy the details from the po to populate the forwarded bill from email fields.

This would enable the ease of processing bills; using the data already on the po and verifying the costs accordingly.

Also this is vital, so that you can match multiple bills to the same po.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to export all of the lines/tasks in a project to an invoice. Able to see detailed tasks, time and cost for each task to send on to customer

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In Xero when adding a new Bill, and the PDF is shown on left side, I often copy information to save typing it all, however I have to do a 'copy' twice to make it work? if I copy it once only, and paste, it will paste in information from previous 'copy'.
    It would also be a fabulous time saving feature (and accuracy feature) to have in Hubdoc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I can create a Purchase Order, and from that I can mark it as billed and it creates a bill record for this purchase, putting the PO number into the Reference field of the Bill. The Bill also has a hyperlink to jump to the Purchase Order.
    Within the Bill, I can assign the expense to a customer, which is fine.
    When I create the customer Invoice, I have the option to add billable expenses, which is fine, and it marks the line as a billable expense, but there is no hyperlink to jump from the Invoice to the Bill.…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Apportion payment to specific line items on invoices. This would allow you to choose where to apply the payment, making it possible to have invoices with multiple payments to have the sales taxed/no sale tax payment correctly and just not proportionally.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When a Pay Template has been created for an employee, only the matching Earnings Rate should be overwritten by entries in Timesheets. Any other Earnings Rates that are set up in the Pay Template should still should still be available in the Payslip - they shouldn't have to be added back in again when processing the pay run. For instance, Fares & Travel Pattern Allowance needs to be paid over and above the Ordinary Hours recorded on the Timesheet. If it is listed on the Pay Template as an Earnings Rate for an Employee it should appear regardless of whether…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  19 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As it stands the "template" is largely superficial, whereas a template should be meaningful.

When I think of invoice templates, I think: unit prices, quantities, etc... much like your "repeated invoices" except the repeated invoices don't include dynamic dates. Monthly billing for a team is a nightmare.

So either expand the templates to include meaningful features, or add dynamic dates to the repeated invoices. Preferably the second option so I don't have to constantly rebuild invoices for my team.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Invoice templates should not be in the "settings" but in the actual part where the invoices are, this is product development 101 stuff guys seriously...

Adding/altering/deleting invoice templates should be accessible right from within the sales overview and invoice section. I shouldn't have to google for this stuff, it's really quite terrible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When at the client level and adding a new report to a report pack generated from a Practice level report template currently the reports from the Xero report packs show up as well.

The reports that show in this list should be only the reports from the Ready to use list in the Report Templates of Xero HQ

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Listing Time Entries in Chronological Order in Invoicing for Projects.

As raised in support case CX0012531595 - I use projects to create invoices for clients and show time entries for all tasks - the problem is that the draft invoice seems to put all the entries in random order rather than a date order - there is no way to sort by date so that it reads chronologically for the client. Interestingly you can run a report to list entries by date, so that functionality exists in the platform but it needs to be brought into invoicing. I have seen…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be good to be able to see the bank account details (BSB and Account number) on the new bill screen when entering invoices to be paid. By having the contacts bank details on the entry screen you can easily check that the bank details in Xero match what is on the invoice. This would save time of having to go and open the contact to check that the details match - not to mention save time of having to download the invoice so you can view it while checking against the contact. Being able to look at the…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have an itemised subscription invoice by Xero Organisation, so that it is easy for us to on charge the costs to our clients.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, while not completely solved, we've made a recent addition to the client export which now allows you to export the Subscriber Email. This should help provide a better view and filter your clients subscriptions through the export file. 

• Don't see your idea?