Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4212 results found

1. When sending an email from an email client, you have the ability to ask for a delivery receipt - for notification when the email arrives at the destination server. I'd like the same ability when I send an invoice by email from Xero.

Currently, in order to get an email delivery receipt, I have to send the invoice to myself via Xero (so that I have the links in the email correct) and then forward using an email client to the customer. Obviously, from an audit trail point of view, this is suboptimal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It is time to add support for alternative browsers than just the big 4. There are many privacy and security benefits with browsers like Opera, compared to say Chrome. And not so much tracking and privacy impacts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Holiday requests automatically declined if holiday balance is '0' of minus value.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When adding or editing a contact, I always enter their address.

Xero has this great feature that allows searching for addresses, and that's wonderful!

...except it's arbitrarily limited to only search addresses in the country the Xero org is registered in; a US Xero org only offers autocompletion for US addresses, for example.

In this modern, international, remote-friendly age, the notion of only having domestic clients is a little silly– especially when paying for a Xero tier that supports multiple currencies.

So: being able to search/autocomplete international addresses when editing or adding contacts would be a great addition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think it would be helpful to have an interactive check box next to invoices in aged payables detail report to help with reconciling against supplier statement.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Recognize a customer code as well as the name. This makes the name unique and no need for adding special characters to make a name different.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. During the creation process, we should be allowed to update all fields necessary on the Contact record.

Example I have at the moment is one of my customers needs to set their clients details within Xero so they can invoice them correctly. At the moment we can't use the API to set the Website field.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Our charity places values first and in searching for a new current account for our organisation, ones with high ethical standards that synchronise with Xero is a very restricted field. CAF, Unity Trust, Triodos for example do not have bank feeds and they say this capacity sits with Xero. We currently bank with The Cooperative that scores well, and we have had to leave Barclays who have been exposed as very poor. To reduce risk we must have another account so my idea is that Xero takes the lead on establishing connections with more ethical banks enabling better choice for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Not a major one but I feel the whole online site needs a facelift.
    Information is not given in an easy to process way and this can make navigating the program more complicated than it seems to be.

I recently transferred over from MYOB and where I feel the general program of Xero is better for ease of reconciling etc. some tasks can feel super overcomplicated and difficult to carry out due to poor layout and outdated visuals. This is something MYOB seem to have done well, Xero seems clunky and outdated in comparison, whilst having all the programming and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When looking at the Pay Run / Pay Run History page, please add number of employees in each pay run to the overview. We report on this each pay period and would make more sense to be shown here then having to click into the pay run or

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We have to use find and recode each month for adjusting certain batches of transactions. These are the same combination of searches used monthly to find and recode.

It would be useful to be able to name and save or favourite search criteria for quick recall each month. (Looking back at previous searches is ok, but not obvious which is which until you click into them).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I own several different businesses that are set up as separate organizations within xero, but they are all in the same industry and there is quite a bit of crossover of contacts between the businesses. As I understand it currently, each business will have its own unique address book, so if I update John Smith's phone number in Company A, it will not update in Company B. This makes no sense to me. There should be a universal contact book where we can select whether or not we want a company to use that universal set of contacts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please could you allow the ability in Invoice settings for invoice templates, to show only the quantity and not the unit price. Separating these would allow to show how much of a material is used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Including the AUTO lookup feature for sales tax in the Mobile App would make the product usability much better in states such as Colorado. To create invoices at "pop-up" events in various tax jurisdictions is crucial so you don't have to remember to continuously load new rates for complex destination /home-room rule situations. The "usability" of the app would be increased rather than being tethered to a computer to manage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hubdoc - Would like a second email address to be able to upload PDF with multiple pages for multi page split.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Include an extra tab that summarises the totals for the Tax Rates including the cents.

This will eliminate the need to scroll through all the detail to code the journal/payment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to add a planned payment date to a bill from the "All" tab in. It is very frustrating that if you are in the all tab in the bills to pay section and you want to add a planned date to a bill, you then have to navigate to the awaiting payment tab and then search again for the bills you want to add a planned date to.

Further, there is actually no need for an awaiting payment tab. We should be able to filter on the All tab for the view of bills we want to see.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow credit notes to be created for contact groups in the same way invoices can be.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can we please add a feature to allow you to view the inactive Chart of Account Codes? This can show when the last transaction was and highlights which account codes are inactive that may not be needed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The mobile app currently does not ask you to confirm your password when you setup a pin for your account. If you were to miss-enter your pin, which is easy to do, you essentially immediately lock yourself out of your account. The system should ask for a pin, then ask you to confirm the pin before finalising it, allowing you to go back a step if you enter in the wrong pin.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?