Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

103 results found

1. I would like Xero to automatically lock the ABN on a client's file after the first STP event has been lodged. This will prevent clients changing the ABN when they change the entity's structure and reporting STP incorrectly across two ABNs. Undoing this mess is a nightmare.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback so far, everyone.
    We're currently looking at ways we could help fix double counting for issues at the ATO that have been made due to changes made to an organisation's ABN/Branch number and it'd be great to get input and further feedback from some of you here to help us understand and solve these issues. 

📝If you're interested in participating in this research and would be available to connect (this week) on 24th or 25th November 2022 - Please click through and complete this short survey. Thanks 🙂

2. When a selecting the new invoicing platform, you lose certain functions.
    The first function that has been lost is the ability to copy invoice data to a purchase order - this feature needs to added to the new platform as some business use this to purchase items that have been sold from a supplier and makes sure there are no errors.
    The second function is when invoicing from Project the time entered for that project is no longer being allocated to an invoice and showing in the project as not invoiced, this will cause doubling up on billing.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, I'm pleased to share with you that the Product team are investigating the first part of this idea - to copy invoice data to a purchase order in new invoicing. There's a few other bits of work lined up before they get to this but we'll be sure to return with an update on progress once there's more news 📰 

As for the second function raised here, when you raise an invoice from Projects that includes tasks, time entries or expenses, if you change the project field on new invoicing the connection with Projects will be removed. To correct this, you can either void/delete the invoice and recreate it from the project or manually mark the time entry/task/cost as invoiced.

3. A report showing a summary of transactions not yet included in a VAT return, particularily for late claims

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Update new Invoicing to allow sending invoices to contact groups as you can in the classic invoicing. It's ridiculous that something so useful has been left behind in the switch to the new style. I need to be able to amend the invoices I send out based on the individual needs of the group. It saves so much time to be able to create a default set of drafts that I can amend rather than having to go to each individual and create an individual invoice within that group. Please guys, piull this across!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we updated this idea to Under Review a couple of months ago and to give a little more detail - We know being able to invoice all members of a Contact group is something that our users find valuable. While we don't have a timeframe for this change right now, we're committed to developing this in new invoicing before we retire the classic version. We'll keep you updated of progress through this idea.

5. Ability to record an annual shutdown leave.

Purpose: Payroll admin can easily record annual shutdown leave when they need to make a calculation around separating employee’s anniversary dates and start dates.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add other gender options for personal settings, non-binary & intersex

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for confirming, Andy - Really appreciate the screenshot. 🙂

I've checked in with our Payroll team where this detail is saved.
    We appreciate wanting more options for gender when entering personal details, and in some regions such as AU & NZ this is optional.
    Currently, in order to ensure successful payroll filings with HMRC in the UK, we need to match the schema they provide. That said, our team are reassessing how this fits in Xero so I'll shift this Idea to 'under review' and can share any updates that come.

7. As an event company, we often receive bills months after the original project is "complete". I wish I could assign costs to "complete" projects the same way that I can assign invoices to "complete" projects.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Leah, when you've closed/completed a project it is still possible to add Bills and new Expense tasks to it. 

From the bill you'll be able to look up and assign lines of your Bill, or within the project you can simply add an expense. The only transactions you can no longer add once closed are Billable expenses, Spend monies and time entries. 

Is there a specific reason you need to enter the expense as one of these type of items? 

8. The filter right now only allows to select all or select/deselect some, but sometimes it would be easier to be able to just exclude something (an account, a group of accounts, a contact, an invoice etc).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be helpful and efficient to be able to make or add an account code straight from the "account code" dropdown in the bill/invoice/journal without needing to go to chart of accounts to make a new one. Currently, users still need to go to the chart and then go back to the bill/invoice/journal but since this refreshes the page, it erases all the data already filled up in the invoice.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, appreciate how this suggestion would make life easier 😊 This is a feature that our team are looking to improve, and they have plans to enable a quick link to go to the COA (similar to quotes today). They do hope to enable the ability to add a new account directly within the Invoices screen however there are a few other pieces of work lined up before they can tackle that.

We'll shift to Under review and I'll keep you updated of any progress!

10. Hi there, would be awesome to be able to have a column in the detailed general ledger which has the quantities from what you entered in the quantity column when you reconcile the transactions. This is especially important when figured is used with Xero. As it takes a lot of time to go into each transaction and see what the stock quantities are to get the group total.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It is currently not possible to change the exchange rate used in the new invoicing screen, when invoicing in a foreign currency. You have to switch back to classic invoicing to correct it to the monthly rate we have entered in settings.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add ability to filter inventory reports by tracking codes, so you can see quality purchased and sold by tracking code.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why do we have to switch back to classic to apply and over payment - This feature needs to be in the New Invoicing System. It creates a massive amount of clicking to get all the features needed.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thanks for your engagement through the idea here. This is something we're looking to build into new invoicing. Atm, the team are a little busy with other pieces of work to improve the experience. I'll round back in to keep you updated of any progress toward overpayments in new invoicing with you all here.

14. Ability to send invoices through PEPPOL network.

Purpose: To comply with the European standard of e-invoicing and e-ordering. Especially for those who deal with the public sector.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest in seeing expansion in our eInvoice support, everyone. Our team are now looking into furthering our support of sending eInvoice's in the UK. 

I'll round back to share as this work progresses. 

15. Please move the SAVE for the New invoicing to the bottom as per old invoicing. When you have an invoice with 30-50 items and then have to scroll back up to save it adds to the pressure of getting things done.

Or Better still

Leave the old there until you've got it together and your Paid subscribers are happy.
    We are seriously looking at moving away from XERO due to all the changes you impose on us without proper UAT. More often than not it creates more work for us and causes more stress we just dont need in an…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, while we don't have immediate plans to change the placement of buttons on new invoicing we're interested in staying close to this feedback and I'll move the idea to Under review for the time being. We'll return to confirm any outcomes. 

16. Multiple contacts on a Project. Projects can currenlty only be built and linked to 1 contact at a time. However. in terms of training and events where there could be multiple contacts linked this is an issue. If Xero could add the option for multiple contacts this would be great. It would save all my issues in terms of tracking a job.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Megan, when your talk about the training and events could you explain a bit more of your business flow when using Projects? 

Atm, you can create bills and invoices for different contacts and associated these transactions with a single project. 

17. When I run a supplier bill activity report it would be HELPFUL if the description column actually contained the description of the invoices, or at least the start of it. For example, say a supplier is for office rent then I put in the description what period or month the rent is for. Then, if I run a supplier activity report I would expect the ******** description column to show me the helpful description I entered. Instead I get INV Ref: xxxxxx which repeats the xxxxxx from the reference column next to it. Noe useful at all, and the info…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. To be able to bulk download invoices for a client or multiple clients.

With also the ability to filter to all invoices, paid invoices and not paid invoices.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amy, could you give a bit more detail on what this would help you do, or is there a specific format you'd be looking to download invoices in? 

Currently, you can export invoices from Xero and would be able to filter these in exported CSV file, or can do a search to do this before exporting - More on this here

19. We use another software programme which exports all our customer details and invoices etc into Xero automatically. The other programme uses Google to create addresses. A lot of the addresses include te reo, so include macrons. When the text is imported into Xero the macrons cause non-recognition of the characters, so we end up with a mess.
    Surely in this modern world, Xero, an Aotearoa, New Zealand, developed programme, can be made to recognise our indigenous (Official) language, and allow correct te reo spellings.
    This is 2022 not 1922, please allow us to get this basic NZ requirement correct. Xero…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Karin, would it be possible to get a few more examples of names that you've tried to import and not have show with macrons? 

One of our team have tested creating a contact via import with the name Whakatāne (/mækrn, me-/) and this created a contact in Xero as shown in this image. 

It'd be great to better understand and see if we can look into this a bit more. 

20. If you enter a duplicate supplier invoice via an email link into Xero bills, then Xero should advise/warn you that there is already an invoice in the system with the same reference/ amount. There should be the same warning that is given when a duplicate invoice is loaded into Xero bills manually.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for engaging and voting for this idea, everyone. Our product team have been thinking about how they might help alleviate the pain of identifying duplicate bills in Xero. We're at the point where we'd like to get some feedback on their designs and would like to offer the ability to share back with us.
    ✍️If you'd be interested in participating in concept testing of this feature please fill in this short form
    We may not be able to contact or schedule everyone who registers their interest, however we'll return to share outcomes, and any updates with you here. 😊

• Don't see your idea?