Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4653 results found

1. Some of our customers have set discounts, however, some of our inventory items have very little to no margin and we would like to be able to block that inventory item from being discounted. Also, freight gets discounted on customers that have discounts saved to their account?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I need Xero to have more payment file formats to upload bill payments into the bank. It is such a useful function, but it becomes too much manual intervention to add columns every time you export the file to match your specific bank's needs.

It will be great to be able to upload a template that can pull the needed info, similar to a Sales invoice templates.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The VAT reconciliation report is still listed in the menu of reports, however there should be a comment somewhere in the report that says that it doesn't integrate with VAT returns filed under MTD.
    This will avoid staff who are unaware of this, trying to make sense of it.
    Maybe just completely remove it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, Andrew. This is something that's noted within the help for this report but appreciate wanting to see this more predominantly in the product.

No changes at present but we'll let you know if there are any made, here. 

4. Can we please add an ability to add a new employee who is still an "Australian Resident for Taxation Purposes" but residing overseas for twelve months? Can't presently add an international address.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please make a change so that a .doc attachment (eg against a payment) can be opened without having to downloading it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please can we have the option to drill down a project summary/project financial report to only include submitted/paid invoices and to be able to have the option to exclude draft invoices

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If the company uses the Go Cardless payment feature, it would be good to have the fuctionality to know if a direct debit has failed

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It is ridiculous that you are forced to set a calendar reminder to come back and downgrade a Xero Subscription in a month's time.
    A client may need to increase their subscription purely to account for the crossover period of one staff member leaving and a new one starting and whilst we have no issue paying the additional for the one extra employee, to make it impossible to downgrade for a month after that upgrade is a pathetic cash grab by Xero.
    Make it possible to downgrade the file immediately and have it take effect from the future date.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We have imported all our contacts (a mixture of customers and suppliers) into Xero but they have all gone into the "All" category and there is now no way of assigning them to the "Customers" or "Suppliers" categories. It seems like a crazy restriction that not even the Xero people can fix for us. My suggestion is to allow us to move them out of All into one of the other categories.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Accrued Earnings Payroll item in Payroll

We need to record a Project Incentive Payment as an accrual on payslips. These accruals vary per project with some accrued hourly, daily or weekly and are paid at the end of the project.

The Accrued Earnings payment would be setup in Payroll Settings, with a running total displayed on payslips.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great to have the ability to mark a bill as already paid when being entered.

We use the bills email address for employees with company credit cards to submit receipts/invoices for purchases however, when these go into bills and before they can be reconciled, they get mixed up with bills actually needing to be paid. This is also the case for invoices we receive that are then direct debited, before the amount is deducted from our accounts, it's easy for these to be confused for bills that need to be batched and paid. If multiple people are…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We are a meadery that often sells mead in kegs. This idea would also apply to breweries.

I use a "Keg" inventory item to track the physical keg shells. I use a separate item for the product inside the keg. So an invoice for one keg will show two items: the mead itself and the keg. This helps me keep track of our physical kegs on hand, weather they are full or empty.

When a client returns a keg, they receive a credit note for returning the keg. In addition to getting their deposit back, this keeps my inventory correct.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Compare Tracking Category" in the Old Format P&L Report includes columns for all Tracking Category Values USED in the date range; irrespective of whether the value is ACTIVE or ARCHIVED.

"Compare Tracking Category" in the New Format P&L Report is different: it includes columns for ACTIVE Tracking Category Values. This represents an incomplete view because ARCHIVED Tracking Category Values USED in the date range are not included.

Please can you enable reporting of USED Tracking Category Values in the New Format P&L Report before you remove Old Format Reports in July 2023.

Custom reports don't provide a viable solution due…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Update the monthly payroll to calculate based on the number of work hours in the month, rather than taking the yearly salary / 12 / number work hours. Given that each month has a different number of work days, the pay rate changes every month and this is a compliance issue.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. TIME SAVER: I would like to be able to quick edit the reference details in the transactions list view, instead of having to click on each transaction > edit > save.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have successfully managed to create a custom report.

I now want to add on rows which give me the opening and closing balance each month to get a 12 month cashflow. Is there a way I can do this from the statement of cash flows (using the cash and cash equivalents at beginning and end of period)

When I try to add rows to my custom report it doesn't seem to offer to add, but only to group item is this something that could be considered.

I work for several charities and this report showing money in bank at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the employee card under pay template be able to organise the earnings rates in the order we prefer. For example have employees working overtime, saturday sunday and monday to friday. Being able to put the earnings in alpahbetical; order not how it is saved by Xero.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Produce a Tpar printable Tpar report per subcontractor so we have something to give them when they request details of the amount reported to the ATO

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When entering a bill or invoice, you enter the total at the top then add statement lines, would be great if it showed remaining amount to be charged/ reconciled to reach the desired total. This would cut down admin time when reconciling bills after entering gst amount could show the total remaining as the non gst amount so you do not need to calculate the remaining amount.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow discounts to be +, so we can add £% to an item where we are adding commission for example. Currently I have to manual amend each line. Unless I am missing a trick and there is another way?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?