Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4195 results found

1. when i filter through Payable invoice Report, it only allows to select groups containing but not excluding certain contact groups. i have only suppliers under no group, Euros & DD and i wish to exclude these within DD group to be excluded to avoid double paying them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Get payment link for inclusion in external email

Makes sending invoices easy if able to create a link that can be sent via email.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When reviewing a VAT return documents, the ability to see the invoice without having to go in to bills to pay to find the invoice and review it was great. How about adding a next and previous button to the top of the screen when you left click on an invoice within the VAT return?

At the moment we have to click the x in the top right corner and then left click on the next invoice to review. when review large VAT return with many transactions you can get lost and end up clicking in to an invoice you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. My team member complained about the privacy of Xero me Overview page.

The page lists the payslip information on default. It is considered a risk of privacy exposure when people open Xero Me in the office area.

Maybe it would be good to add a funtion in Xero Me overview page to Hide the payslip information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When entering invoices and the account is always "sales" (for example), I would like the option to set up invoices to automatically use the "sales" account? It is currently only an option by setting up item codes and/or setting up through contacts. I would like to see it automatically assign the account at the time of entering the invoice, instead of having to type in an item code. It will save so much more time and avoid errors by users selecting an incorrect account from the chart of accounts.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For the bill want 2 dates: one is the bill date, and one is the transaction date. we normally received the bills in the next month...if one date will affect the cost (as construction, use WIP), will be confused....

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a template another file option for payroll. HSBCnet allows file uploads with a SUN however as Xero does not have this template it means only options is to apply for a SUN and increase costs of paying our payroll. We need a file that accommodates ACH CR BACs (non-SUN) files. Requirement is Xero payroll ERP configure the file without a SUN then please ask them to do so, as it should be identical to the one we have tested for supplier payments, meaning the word ‘HSBC’ should be quoted on the VOL1 line and the areas where the SUN…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In Projects

When invoice is created from Projects ( I have Six Staff) It automatically orders this in name order and has mutiple date entries from the Latest date entered.
    I then have to ferry each date up the page to order these chronologically so i have the earliest date and each staff member for this date (before starting to add matarials etc)
    To make it easier for my clients to read what is entailed for each day.
    We need a button to convert invoice to date order as on big jobs this takes me over half an hour ??

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be really helpful if there was a way of adding a description/note to conversion balances. For example, if a creditor balance relates to a specific loan, it would be useful to be able to note this somewhere. Currently, reports only show 'conversion balance' as the description for the transaction and it isn't possible to add a description to the conversion journal. It makes it difficult to keep track of historic debtors and creditors and this information needs to be kept elsewhere, duplicating work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently when updating a draft invoice to approved some of the fields self populate (From, date, reference and tax inclusive total).
    Can the description field be done the same way instead of copying and pasting?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When importing bills from a csv file, Xero will currently treat all lines with the same invoice number as one transaction, even if the separate lines are from different suppliers. The system should ideally not ignore the fact that the supplier name is not the same. Would be good to assume that the bill is posted against the correct supplier, even if it happens to have the same invoice number as another supplier's invoice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Custom reports- why there such a large gap of blank wasted space between the account names and the first column!! We create month x month reports ie 12 months of columns wide, so it is very frustrating when you create a PDF with all those columns on it and there is that great wasted space before the first column!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Is there any way to have an invoice email that is generated automatically based on the 'Item' (business > products and services) record selected from within the Invoice?

We send invoices specific to individual contractors each month. These contractors ('Item' within invoice) have unique purchase orders and work order numbers that remain constant each month.

Currently the email generated is a generic email which does not automatically populate the purchase order / work order number.

Is there any way Xero can create an email template per 'Item' (business > products and services) record to minimise our risk of error and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently the 'attach files' function in the Products and Services (Inventory) only allows attachment of files outside of Xero. It cannot attach files from Xero inbox.
    Currently, my client will send documents directly into Xero inbox. I have to open the document, download it and save outside of Xero and attach files to Products and Services. Just too many steps. Would appreciate it if your team can look into this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to import the number of days of annual leave/other leave taken per employee for the month. It is very time consuming to manually add the leave taken for each employee when completing the payroll each month.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great to be able to export a report of all notes on employees contact. We use the notes section to record notes about attendance issues, conversations, warnings given.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your idea, Kylie!

You might've noticed that we've recently added a new button to the Payroll menu - Payroll History.

This report keeps track of all the changes recorded in your Payroll History tabs and can be filtered by employee. You can then search 'Notes' to view all of an employee's notes in full on one page.

Whilst this page can't be exported, you can print the resulting page, or copy the values to a blank excel sheet.

Let me know if that solves this one for you, and I'll shift it to delivered 😊

17. I have been following a number of ideas, and it is apparent that some confusion often occurs when using the terminology 'Bills' and 'Invoices'.

Could we have the option within Xero for bills to be referred to as 'Supplier Invoices' or 'Purchase Invoices', and invoices referred to as 'Customer Invoices' or 'Sales Invoices' to avoid this confusion, as they are in every other accounts package I have used?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi, requesting an improved memo setting within payroll. Can we have more setting for memo? for an example a font, format (bold, italic, strike and understrike) and repeating memo.
    Example, a quite unique bonus system for a certain employee and we would like to show her the description for the bonus. we would like to put it on a smaller font size with italic format.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. in the old invoicing, you can create a new Client Expense on the fly. You cannot with the new invoicing page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When entering dates, can you please bring back the mouse scrolling function, where you could scroll down to go to the next month.
    Rather than now, we have to click the right button to go to next month.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?