Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4212 results found

1. Export in CSV format to upload Payroll Payments to RBS Bankline to save manually entering payment details.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make Xero report codes for use in generic Xero reports (instead of just bookkeepers reports only) - e.g. P&L, Balance Sheet, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be great if Xero dealt with changing balance dates more efficiently. If the balance date changes it should be able to automatically calculate the opening book value, then calculate the depreciation for the new financial year end as per usual. Currently its very manual and time consuming as it reverses all journals posted since you started using Xeros fixed asset feature. Very odd and very frustrating!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, as mentioned earlier our team have been making change across Xero to enable user to change their year end in their Xero organisation. We recently made a change to Financial settings so you can add start and end dates to different periods. Currently this is only available to users with the UK version of Xero however we are looking at rolling this out across all versions over the coming months.

It's also worth noting that atm it's only possible to set a longer transitional period (12+ months). Our team are working on shorter periods (<12 months) which we'll be providing in the near future.

This change impacts multiple areas of Xero. As a reminder from our last post -

Fixed assets will draw on this information, to prevent any loss of historic information when your year end changes. Everything will automatically be calculated for you based on the…

4. I use other apps where, if staff submit a case request, I can view it automatically without the need of manual sharing (that xero does).

Its important that admin staff can view all xero case support messages that is submitted by staff - especially if the staff isn't going to stay with our firm.

Its very frustrating to continue on with a xero support case that only exist on a work email of a staff that no longer works for us.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the new reports you can run a report, by supplier, of invoices that are due and planned to be paid, which is great. There is a differentiation between due and planned in both screen detail and reporting. The schuduled/planning option enables users or managers to plan which invoices they wish to pay either by viewing on Xero or running in a report. However, the reporting option puts the two together by adding in an invoice wiht the same due date, if a planned date has not been entered. This means that invoices not scheduled/planned to be paid are included…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Being able to add a default account for invoices raised through projects

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I run a supplier bill activity report it would be HELPFUL if the description column actually contained the description of the invoices, or at least the start of it. For example, say a supplier is for office rent then I put in the description what period or month the rent is for. Then, if I run a supplier activity report I would expect the ******** description column to show me the helpful description I entered. Instead I get INV Ref: xxxxxx which repeats the xxxxxx from the reference column next to it. Noe useful at all, and the info…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would really like to see something similar to the sorting function on the Account Transactions report applied to the Transaction by VAT box and Transactions by tax rate pages on the VAT returns. This would make them so much easier to review, rather than exporting them to excel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We use another software programme which exports all our customer details and invoices etc into Xero automatically. The other programme uses Google to create addresses. A lot of the addresses include te reo, so include macrons. When the text is imported into Xero the macrons cause non-recognition of the characters, so we end up with a mess.
    Surely in this modern world, Xero, an Aotearoa, New Zealand, developed programme, can be made to recognise our indigenous (Official) language, and allow correct te reo spellings.
    This is 2022 not 1922, please allow us to get this basic NZ requirement correct. Xero…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Karin, would it be possible to get a few more examples of names that you've tried to import and not have show with macrons? 

One of our team have tested creating a contact via import with the name Whakatāne (/mækrn, me-/) and this created a contact in Xero as shown in this image. 

It'd be great to better understand and see if we can look into this a bit more. 

10. Can we include the Project field on the invoice summary screen - to help us manage whether a project has been allocated to an invoice but also manage potential duplicates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why does the screen on each contact not show an aged breakdown at a glance like it does in Sage 50 accounts? Sometimes I only want to look at that particular supplier/customer to see what we owe them by month without having to go to the reports screen. Also why does it not list payments on account in the top part of the screen. It is so confusing to work out what is due and what isn't. Awful set up

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Simple Find button as used in Quickbooks Desktop. This facility was used on a daily basis by our construction company to find anything that came on an invoice, all you needed was to type in one word and it would seek it out in seconds. I do not understand why Xero are not capable of implementing this. I have been told by Xero that the more people that support an idea the more likely it is that they will do it. Please support this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In our business, there may be multiple people helping on a particular project for a client. Currently, in order to have the income allocated correctly to each employee we have to enter separate items for each person. This then flows through to the invoice, showing all the amounts and items listed separately.

Would it be possible to look at a way that "behind the scenes" we can add multiple invoice items so that income is allocated correctly, but on the invoice it shows a single description and amount?

It just makes the invoice look more confusing than it needs to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When a company changes their payroll frequency to a new calendar there is no prompt to adjust the leave accrual.

For instance, I recently changed my client from Fortnightly to Monthly Calendar.
    I adjusted each employee to the new calendar.

On their Leave tab in the set-up of the leave accrual it asked the question:
    Hours a full-time employee works in a Fortnightly pay period
    When I changed the calendar to monthly this question changed to:
    Hours a full-time employee works in a Monthly pay period
    There was however no prompt to adjust the answer, the previous answer just transferred…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We use Go Cardless to collect our student tenants' rent. Every year we need to cancel the Go Cardless direct debits and archive the outgoing tenants and set up new direct debits for the incoming tenants. On Sage, we were able to select a whole year group at once and batch cancel/archive them. But on Xero we have to do this one by one. Life is short and time is money! Please can you make it possible to batch cancel direct debits by group or by tag/filter/segment criteria? Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We all do small jobs but do not invoice straight away. Job may take 1 or 2 days or may be few hours to complete but do not send away the invoice on the same day or the next.
    If I could create a "job", I can use this as daily diary and record hours spent on the job, material used + cost for material, comments, job location, issues came across (lessons learnt). When its comes to invoicing, all information and cost elements can be found on each relevant "job". This data can be imported into invoicing as well (Automate…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It is easier those for admin employees who work sitting at the office.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can you pl provide payment voucher/ receipt for Receive/ Spend money,

sometimes we need to provide printouts as proof.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We have assigned users to specific projects but in order for them to see the invoices and bills against this project the settings must be changed so that they can access all bills, invoices and contacts to amend.

I would like a feature so that someone assigned to the project can have read only access to the invoices and bills ONLY associated with this project. Allowing them to still run reports and view profitability on their project but they cannot amend invoices and bills or cannot access others that are not their projects.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please enable assigning manual journals to projects and for project reports to also include the account name / account code.

The benefits from using tracking categories far outweigh that of Xero project if features like manual journal and account transactions report is not able to reflect or is not consistent with the use of Xero projects.

Please also consider producing a warning if project name is being duplicated. Another thing that should be critically considered is to include projects under the Find & Recode feature.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?