Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4653 results found

1. The Australian version of Xero offers a timesheet summary report. Can we have this in the UK? I need to send a manager details of his employees uploaded timesheet data and there is no report.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As it stands the "template" is largely superficial, whereas a template should be meaningful.

When I think of invoice templates, I think: unit prices, quantities, etc... much like your "repeated invoices" except the repeated invoices don't include dynamic dates. Monthly billing for a team is a nightmare.

So either expand the templates to include meaningful features, or add dynamic dates to the repeated invoices. Preferably the second option so I don't have to constantly rebuild invoices for my team.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to be able to run a report that simply has overdue invoices, name, phone number, email. Ideally sorted by sales. Similar to the list I get when I am doing Statements but with a phone number in it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When transferring from another payroll system, Xero has not accounted for the user case of an employee starting with a negative entitlement.
    A lot of businesses allow employees to use annual leave as it's accrued and do not always enforce the 12 month stand-down as per legislation. As a user who has just entered 12 months of payroll information for a transferred employee, I should not then have to calculate what the balance now is.
    As per other requests, there should be three fields which you should be able to enter when setting up an employee which is their current…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I understand the ATO requires you to enter 2FA daily, but that doesn't mean the tickbox should uncheck itself every day.

If I tick trust this device on Monday and login using 2FA, I can then login without 2FA for 24 hours.

After that 24 hours, I need to login using 2FA again AND I have to tick the trust this device box again to get another 24 hour reprieve.

Let us tick the box or another box that will remember our choice ongoing. So each day I only have to login using 2FA again but my choice to trust…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. when you recieve money or a batch payment from a client sometimes you have to allocate towards X amount of diferent projects, but when you print on pdf it will show how you split that payment but not the project or detail towards what did the company recieved the money for...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I often have 30 or so bank transactions (both credit and debit) that I need to on-bill/on-credit to a customer. The process described in https://central.xero.com/s/article/Add-a-billable-expense-to-an-invoice requires multiple clicks per transaction and does not work for credits.

In addition, there is no indication in the bank transaction list that the entry has been assigned to a customer as a cross-check.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When setting up a new Xero organisation, in Organisation Settings we are being asked for organisation type and registration number. it should be possible, especially for Limited Companies, to pull their details which are stored on statutory register via the API by reference to registration number.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I am manually entering a contact bank account number, I find it disconcerting to be warned to enter the bank account number after I leave the BSB code field. But I HAVE to leave the BSB code field in order to move to the Bank account number field! Leaving the BSB field is not a mistake!
    I think the warning would be better triggered if you attempt to click on 'Save & close' without completing both fields.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When entering multiple contacts, it would be good to have the option to "save and create new contact" as well as the "Cancel" and "Save and Close" option after entering the information. Currently you have to press Save and Close, go back to Contacts, then select New Contact.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Journal Accrual or Cash Basis default setting and journal import column.

Default journal setting in is Xero is to post on a cash basis - apply a settings to select which basis is the default method (Cash or Accrual)

Import journals on accrual basis - add an extra column to the import template to state if the journal is accrual or cash basis or a default setting if blank.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We are a professional services company and use the quote feature to outline our objectives, scope of work and deliverables for a potential new project. As such, we use the summary window to enter all this information.

It would be very useful for us to be able to resize the summary window to view a larger portion of the text. Some of our descriptions can run to several paragraphs and as such, the ability to review more text would be incredibly useful.

I hope this can be implemented with some simple coding.

Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to see timesheet function for employees who are on salaries.

Purpose: To make the employees can keep track of their hours without affecting the pay runs.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  16 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Addition option of show customer statement "actual" outstanding instead "as at" date.
    Eg, Our customer ABC need us to furnish a Outstanding statement that as at 30 June 2023, and there is 4 invoice unpaid. Happen that 15 July 2023the customer pay the 3 invoices only. Customer request us to send the statement show the 1 unpaid invoice dated 30 June 2023 but it still shows 4 outstanding, how can we show the the one unpaid invoice in the statement.

Ideal additional option of show date 30.6.23 and show the one 1 unpaid invoice only. Kindly advice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There should be an option when refunding money to customers, that we can export the file for internet banking processing?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When a folder is created in Files app, it appears on the left menu and the documents uploaded in the folder appears on the right side of the screen. When there is a long list of folders created, like I am doing with the client, the list goes below the screen and scrolling down option is only the main scroll of Xero that moves the list of folders and the document display screen together. So, checking a document from the folder at the end of the list requires to scroll down at the end, find the folder and select it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 'Pay Now' shouldn't be displayed on invoices where the customer already has a DD in place as it is confusing, could lead to duplicate payments and cause them to contact us to query whether there is a problem with their DD when they don't need to. Xero say this is because xero can't differentiate customers who already have a DD in place, but they can - there is a flag and this is visible in settings and therefore must be available to developers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Copy a Bill to an Invoice. We have many instances where we need to charge out for the invoice that we received. You can copy Quotes and Purchase Orders to Invoices and Bills already. Not sure why this is not already a function.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, appreciate the continued conversation here. Please bear in mind while a solution may not solve what you're in need of, it's generally offered from a good place, where everyone is trying to help one another. 

As noted earlier there are a couple of existing options that some may be able to make use of like;

• Using Billable expenses to mark items of your bills as an on charge to your  customer which can be easily added when the invoice is created for the customer later on, or 
    • Perhaps entering the invoice first, and then copying the invoice to a bill

We totally get some users find this second option useful and it's not quite available within the new invoicing experience just yet. There is a specific idea for this that I'd encourage you to join and follow for any updates as we're continuing to develop the new experience. 

19. Ability to filter draft invoices by Contact Groups.
    We have a large number of customers who are moving toward shared accounting services (ie: centralised payment of our invoices). It would be great to be able to filter draft invoices by the Contact Group, or at the very least be able to see the contact group with the customer name on the draft invoice screen

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In Repeating Transactions, you have a column width for Reference which is fairly decent, but then the data in that is truncated to the extreme. It takes up less than half the column width??????
    Has it not occurred to your programmers to use the full width of the column and only suffix with ... if it still proves too small to display all the data

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?